Battery drain in shutdown mode

Hi,

I purchased 450x pro this month 9th and it was a defective vehicle as the fork cone set had an issue, when I rode it out of the showroom the bike was dragging to the left I thought it was just a new vehicle stiffness next day there was a knocking sound from the cone set when I front brake. They told me visit service showroom, had couple of visits to service showroom and nobody could fix it till date and I’m asking them for replace a new vehicle as it’s a faulty Ather they are asking me to visit service and we try to claim warranty for a brand new vehicle. ( You guys think I should go to consumer forum or is there any Ather team who can help me on this scenario?) Also speaking of battery Recently I charged it to full 100% (105kms)Sunday and Monday it was idel and Tuesday morning I turned on the bike it was showing 93% (97kms) battery 7% drop without use.

Unable to add images!

6 Likes

I can comment on second part. This seems to be normal. This is connected scooter. Even when it’s off , it’s talk to Ather servers and sync up data using the built on 4G SIM. Just like mobile. You can choose shutdown from setting to reduce this battery drain.

1 Like

May i know if shutting down everyday on new gen 450x is permitted as i see lot of btry discharge every night… Also may i know what SOC mean and shud we set it if we are using the shut down option…kindly advise

3 Likes

I don’t think there is any harm in shutting down every day. Do remember, you will miss on “tow and theft detection alerts”. I believe you plan to shutdown in night at ur home, so that should be ok. SOC is State of charge, is like battery%.

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing some clarity…however is there any specific SOC %tage which needs to be set for shut down options

3 Likes

Thank you Marghoob :+1:

3 Likes

Mine drop battery 10% to 2% in just 2 to 3 hours This problem stat after latest update when autohold features come into existence in Ather

This is not normal.

The battery SoC% generally drops @ 4-5% in 24 Hrs.

Check if your seat is locked properly. If not, the boot light remains on, which may be causing the drain.

Also, do a hard reset (Press & hold both brakes + start button for 10 secs, till the screen goes off, then release). This may clear software side of things.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Unrelated but my Ather too was shutdown in my garage for past 3 days (and it didn’t drain a single percent in 3 days compared to 5% a day when its on) but during shut down it always shows its moving in app,has anyone noticed this?

SmartSelect_20230703_204922_Ather

2 Likes

You can see this symbol when your scooter is being ridden. By any chance did you shutdown the scooter in the last 2 days? I think it’s glitched out because the backend went down for a few days.

1 Like

i keep my Ather inside during rains so i shut it down often right now,it always shows moving icon when its shutdown

1 Like

I disconnected my bike from full-charge at 2 pm it’s already 98% and no I haven’t used it

4 Likes

Slight drain will be there even you don’t use. As it’s a connected scooter. It consumes battery to sync up with Ather servers. Just like mobile. Even if you don’t use it’s battery reduces. You can try shutting it down from settings to avoid this

3 Likes

I’m not complaining but it used to discharge at a much lower pace before ( about 2-3% within 12 hours ) and now we’re at about 8-10% within 12 hours

3 Likes

If your idle drain is 8-10% every 12 hours, you need to get your battery checked. It shouldn’t be more than 5-6% over 24 hours

4 Likes

Hi,

I also have the 450x purchased 3 months ago.

Faced the same situation for battery percentage. Last night coincidentally i forgot the Ather key inside the under seat storage. when i was trying to pull out the key from storage by pulling seat, I saw the light under seat is on :bulb:. so its a reason for battery :low_battery: drain while bike is in standing position. the under seat light always on

check urs also. i ll post the picture of it

1 Like

4 Likes

light is also turned off even if you open boot while shutdown.Are you sure scooter was properly powered off?

yes it is turned off. key removed

4 Likes

its nt about shutdown. its after removing key from Ather. shutdown is the another process. its about in standing position

2 Likes