Battery degradation in shutdown mode

So i went to my hometown for diwali and to attend a wedding. Didn’t knew how much time it would take me so decided to shutdown my Ather this time.

This was my first shutdown in 6 months. If i have to go for a week or less i generally don’t use the shutdown mode if i have enough power.

Below are the screenshots.

The battery was at 93 percent when i shut it down. I usually ride in sports mode as shown.

Came back after 18 days. I thought atleast 15 percent battery would have gone. But to my surprise it went down only by 1 percent.

The mode was obviously defaulted to ride.

1 percent battery loss in 18 days. I’m very impressed with this. :crown:

12 Likes

And mode changed from sport to ride

1 Like

You know you or someone else could very easily toggle the mode switch by mistake when the scooter is turned off right?

1 Like

Yes, sometime after shutdown and restart the mode switches to ride mode, quite often happens in gen 1.5 scooters.

3 Likes

Your phone’s battery charge did not go down even 1%. And even the time is also same! What a coincident…!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I took both the screenshots at the same time. First one before the app updated.

4 Likes

After 21 hours 2 percent battery gone without shutdown.

4 Likes

This should be the expected/ideal behaviour. But due to some bug or unclear instructions to some users, people face the issue of huge battery drop in shutdown mode.

Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

when we are away, real time battery status is not updated in Mobile app. it should be updated at least one a day or so. so that we can get can idea how the SOC is now.

Like I am now in my hometown, keeping my Ather on shutdown mode at 100% SOC. not sure how its performing.

2 Likes

You mean In Shutdown mode - You want SoC needs to be Updated Once a Day :thinking:

But While Shutdown all the Telematics will goes off right? Even Data Connection will not be there - Donno Hows it possible

1 Like

The shutdown mode in Ather is same to any other device’s shutdown (ex. mobile and laptop).

To send data, computers needs to come online and send the telemetry data to Ather servers which beats the purpose of “Shutdown”.

P.S. Just a advice (you can ignore it if not needed :sweat_smile:), don’t keep your Ather fully charged for that long. It will significantly impact the battery life. If you are going away, you can keep SoC to 60% which will be the ideal case.

3 Likes

Yeah, right. to make some exception, just to make the SOC update.

2 Likes

Thanks for your update. I will ask someone to turn it on from Shutdown, so that the Battery starts to degrade automatically as there is no one to ride. and at 60 % or so to put in Shutdown again.

3 Likes

Then Only way Possible is not to Shutdown :thinking: I think

2 Likes

If you are going to leave it for next month or so. Then just turn it on and let the battery go below 60% then shut down. After shutdown an average 1 percent loss the battery will to 30%. Which is common.

But if you intend more than 30 days my advise is to let it drop to 75 % and then shutdown. On an average there will be 1 percent loss per day even in shutdown. This is the data from a 2.4kWh battery pack gen 1.5, yours might differ.

2 Likes

I am new to Ather. Need one info, How to take it on from Shutdown? Just turning the key on? Or do I need to do anything else?

1 Like

Just turn the key to on position. And please wait until everything on the dashboard loads before driving off.

4 Likes

I shutdown everyday at night to conserve the battery. Is this advisable?

2 Likes

Everyday shutdown has no such problems, but you can use Incognito mode :man_detective: why to turn off the vehicle? :red_car::bulb: If you turn off the vehicle it will reset your Ride insights and you can’t see the ride insights properly :confused: so I suggest using incognito for 2 days when the vehicle is idle. Maps function cannot be used in the app due to incognito mode but it will save your battery drastically! :battery:

This is working for me as battery is drained only 1%.

3 Likes

Even If You turn on Incognito, Ather can still Track your Vehicle

So Its just Incognito for Ourself. Tracking Vehicle via App will not Work. Still the Telematics will Run in the Background. So Incognito will not Save SoC

2 Likes