Battery degradation in shutdown mode

It is not a bad thing. But completely unnecessary. Battery drain is common thing and it will hardly drop 1-2% in the night. So, you are not conserving any battery life per say.

Plus you have to wait or adjust your time each morning for it to boot up. And it might not be applicable for you, but in my case “Movement detection” adds extra safety net.

1 Like

But I’m getting great results :star2: while traveling I didn’t have the option to shut down because it was parked on the road :motorway: so I had to keep it on or use Incognito mode just to check the battery. :battery: I kept Incognito mode on that time and there was only a 1% drain for the full night :crescent_moon: if I use shutdown the battery percentage drops the same so I’m using Incognito mode now. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thats Interesting, Lemme Try this But Lazy me always keep the Charger connected Over Night :face_with_spiral_eyes::rofl:

1 Like

I’m having issues with the meter and there is also a shortage of meters if I keep the vehicle on everyday charging the meter can get damaged. So I do not keep it on regular charging only when needed I charge the vehicle.

1 Like

Meter means EB Line Meter or Ather??

Charging Ather daily is not a Big Concern, If You let it drain below 15 Regularly and Charge is a Slight Big Concern

1 Like

Goverment Meter bro it is having some issues.

1 Like

Thanks for the info but I have a question.

Scenario 1: I shut down the vehicle so I can’t see updates about battery location etc on the phone app as in shutdown mode but if someone moves my Ather then tamper protection is enabled and the vehicle turns on automatically. It starts beeping and sends a notification on my app.

I have tested the scenario myself and it works as mentioned above. My question is if the same happens in incognito mode? as in that mode purposefully location and all options are turned off.

Also, have you done internal testing on your vehicle about the percentage battery drop over night say 7 hours in incognito mode vs shutdown mode?

If yes please share the results numbers. It would be really helpful.

2 Likes

Ok I will share the all details soon.

2 Likes

I’m having trouble shutting down my Ather; it doesn’t enter shutdown mode as it should. Do you have any suggestions? Has anyone else encountered this issue?

1 Like