Bajaj Chetak

I wouldn’t say incorrect…I’d say intelligent. For Insurance and for registration the ex-showroom price considered is the price after subsidy. Hence they’ve put that. Second reason - since Ather mentions ex-showroom before subsidy…customers will feel Ather is expensive and choose Chtak.

3 Likes

Definitely intelligent and intention was to make Ather look expensive at first look.

But, I still feel it’s incorrect to include any additions or reductions in the ex-showroom price. Because they are subjective.

I like the way ather represent its prices its very clear no jargons here n there you know what components of tax etc you are paying upfront while making a purchase decision. Coming to Chetak its priced very cleverly and base variant seems bang on priced for people who want to enter the EV bandwagon but get a hit from pricing, Now with more BS6 ICE vehicles coming this price gap is narrowed down and chetak has a entry line product at the same edge of price point, Ather now have to set its pricing strategy very carefully as scooters are seen as a daily commute equipment rather than performance ones (so before you jab at me i know ather is a performance scooter) still my point if you want to serve a broad spectrum of customers price it rightly, as 450x is gonna be super scooter it seems it will have an upper hand over chetak in terms of hw sw and performance for sure a sweet pricing will make it a hot cake … All the best Ather…

2 Likes

Nice comparison…

The issue might be deliveries. I heard that Chetak starts delivery in 10 days. Ather launch is not confirmed in 10 days. Looks like Chetak will come to market earlier. I don’t like the Chetak reveil. They’ve left out so many details!! The 4G plan how will it work? Service? Exam battery specs, etc.

Just booked a test ride. Should see how it performs. Also will enquire about the plans and servicing. Btw test rides are open starting from Feb 1st.

Yeah they haven’t revealed about the connectivity provider and plans post 1 year, Regarding availability yes it will hit markets fast Also it won’t be a surprise if Ather delays its deliveries of 450x some people might get chetak too… Though am not going for chetak i am not worried about the service as probably KTM dealers will manage Chetak service too and they should do a good job, That’s the advantage of being a OEM they have their logistics and distributions well laid out its just another product for Bajaj, However Ather has many uphills reaching new cities maintaining and setting up Ather grid (currently i see its not managed very well by ather and niether expanding fast even in Bangalore ) don’t know how they will manage it in newer cities Probably they need to rethink over Ather Grid strategy if they are actually earning or loosing money over it.

3 Likes

True advantage of all steel body over plastic/fibre?

Is there an advantage of disc(front)+drum(rear) over disc (both front and rear)?

I’d like to think the target audience for Chetak and Ather are different. I personally wouldn’t have brought the chetak even if it was priced lower because I am not a fan of the retro styling. My father in law would have brought it because he feels the 450 design is too modern for him.

I haven’t seen any mobility provider setup up this many FAST chargers prior to even launching their product - not even established OEM like the Mahindras, Hyundai’s, Tata.

The biggest differentiation between Ather and any other bike on the road today is it’s ability for DC Fast Charging.

2 Likes

Metals are malleable and plastics are brittle. So in case of an accident, metal panels gets dents where as plastics will break. The dents can be tinkered and painted for a small cost compared to plastics where you may have to replace the entire panels. However, plastics give you the advantage of lesser weight and option to make more complex shapes compared to metal

Disc brakes have higher stopping power Disc brakes have better heat dissipation…This means brake fade is less Disc brakes are more efficient…drums can accumulate water inside the drum and reduce efficiency over a period of time Disc brake pads are visible easily that help in maintenance-Drums have to be removed to check the wear of the pads However Disc brakes cost slightly higher than drums and hence as a cost cutting measure, only one disc is given

What is main difference between hub motor and belt drive ? Pro’s con’s ?

I am talking about Ather

Whatever may the price spec and other comparison Aher has to be hurry and deliver 450 fast and launch 450x fast otherwise chetak will go upper hand because of there dealer network and marketing and most important brand name

Ather taking too much long time to deliver bikes 1 or 2 months is ok but 3 to 6 months is too long people dont have that much patience and they will think of alternative

2 Likes

The pricing is reversed! Chetak 's pricing is in Ather’s column

And added to it, OTR pricing of 450 vs Ex-Showroom pricing of Chetak!

Booked a test ride on 4th Feb. Just to prove ather is better. :joy: anyone booked a test ride?

3 Likes

Direct drive motor:
Pros: Silent and almost maintenance free due to simple construction and less parts.
Cons: Heavy, Mostly single gear ratio, adds weight to one side o the vehicle

Belt driven:
Pros: smaller, can be placed in the centre (Exactly what Ather has done) and better transmission ratio and makes some noise
Cons: more moving parts to maintain, noisy, less efficient than a direct drive

i thought the chetak had a transmission. Can someone confirm it is direct drive/transmission?

Please be objective in your test :slight_smile:
I really want to know the difference in performance from someone who has ridden both.

Yes. On Feb 3rd

In