Bajaj Chetak

@Suraj_madhu and I are going together. As we are ather owners for more than 6 months, we’ll definitely give you all a in depth comparison. My mind and heart says ather Is still a clear winner. :heart_eyes::joy:

5 Likes

i agree. apples to apples, Ather is also the cheaper one.
but this is probably the first legitimate competitor to the 450, let’s see how it does!!

Ooh looks like I was quick and got a test ride slot for 1 Feb at 9:30 AM :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Cons: Heavy, Mostly single gear ratio, adds weight to one side o the vehicle.

Now tilt the scooter to the left to start the motor…like how it was tilted to the right in the days of Chetak-petrol.

3 Likes

I really didn’t want to take it for a spin. BUT I’m super curious to see how daringly then can price it so high :joy: I want to park my Ather in front of their showroom to show who’s the boss. :joy:

9 Likes

Apart from being a metal body, I did not find anything interesting. At age of 53, I could opt for “Retro” feel to recall the days of Chetak-Petrol…I feel 450 or 450X is the one for me as I look beyond the future. As per me, Chetak is lower spec at higher cost.
But will Ather give me my 450X quickly…anxiety as I have pre-booked both 450 and 450X in a space of a month.

1 Like

How is chetak 18kg lighter.despite using a metal body and Ather uses plastic body and in many places lighter aluminum frame elements, yet its heavier, so lot of dead weight in Ather…

1 Like

Guess, Chetak has “pass switch”…hope 450X gets it as hardware and some combination switch operation in case of 450. A safety feature to alert oncoming vehicles who trespass into the lane.

I think there will be more test rides by Ather 450 owners 450x prospective owners than Chetak fans :slightly_smiling_face:

Meanwhile i booked for 1st Feb 2 PM

3 Likes

Share your experience of the burn… :crazy_face:

Guys first test ride review is out…

1 Like

Not a good review , the dashboard is barely visible in video, Max speed tops out at 60km/h acceleration also seems to be boring, Disappointed with performance, will wait for better reviews by forum members and professional reviewers on youtube…

Regenerative breaking is the conversion of heat energy produced during breaking into kinetic energy

:thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I think it is beneficial for us consumers to have proper competing products. I haven’t driven either of them or seen them in flesh, yet I’m interested in both of them. I am more of a value for money guy.
Below are the advantages I think in no particular order

Advantage Chetak:
Side Foot Rest(Trust me it is a big deal especially for ppl who are married or have elders in home).
Better IP rating not just for battery,
Headlamp Position,
Better warranty,
Metalic Build
More appealing Lower Variant,
Retro Design (familiar silhouette)
Faster Delivery

Advantage Ather:
Ather Service Plans(no brainer)
Future Proof(Sensors, Updates etc)
Engine kill switch
Fast Charging
Sporty Looks
Not a Conventional OEM
Top speed.
AtherGrid

I am rooting for Ather and hope it scores a home run with 450x

3 Likes

From where does Bajaj source the batteries for its Chetak?

From BOSCH i think

2 Likes

Since Ather 450X is launching on 28th Jan, I don’t think you will even go for test ride :slight_smile: High expectations from Ather

3 Likes

Hello All,
Today i took unplanned small test ride of Bajaj Chetak here in Pune @KTM Bundgarden showroom. First impression was really good feels premium.
Here are some Pros:

1. Bike is tremendously smooth. Zero vibration
  2. Suspension setup is extremely comfortable. Seat cushioning adds extra comfort
  3. Super silent even i tried to accelerate hard in Sport mode I barely heard Motor noise
  4. Brakes are OK not to great does not give much confidence
  5. Foot board is large enough & handle does not touches to my knees when turning or riding(My height is 176 cm/5 ft 9 inch)
  6. Bike easily climbed avg parking Incline without much efforts or any additional throttle input with pillion rider

Now some Cons:

1. You will not get accurate feedback about how much throttle is opened. Specially in ECO mode bike slowly gets speed as per throttle input except Sport mode.
  2. Dials are difficult to read in direct Sun light
  3. I feel 95KM range is not true range. Even showroom executive told u will get 85KM in ECO. For this bike it was showing 74KM range left with 90% Battery remaining.
  4. I didn’t used/know ‘intuitive step down mode’
  5. Under seat storage is inadequate
  6. No Fast charging
  7. Bit heavy due to all metal body. Balancing in slow speed with pillion might be circus
    Attaching some photos for reference
    Note: This review is totally unbiased and i haven’t driven any electric bike before so at some point i might be wrong. I ride petrol bike everyday so there is chance of exaggerating of some points. The color of bike for this is not for Sale it is only use for Demo.
17 Likes

I booked 450 threee months back but still not get delivery.I observed one thing in all forum threads,there will only talking rather than fast delivery. Ather has to make fast delivery with in one month of booking,it applies to 450x also otherwise only talking and satisfying.

the reason for that is their current factory, which doesn’t have great capacity, once the new factory comes up things will change, and that’s why they expanded everywhere.