Bajaj Chetak

Bajaj isn’t Ather Dude, Ather is a young vibrant and connected community, We keep the Twitter handles busy not them…

1 Like

actually i was saying about motor weight :slight_smile:

Centre stand and pass-switch help a great deal.

2 Likes

After knowing the details of Chetak, I would by no means stop dreaming about having the 450X. I was expecting a price point of 80K max with those specs for the chetak. And most importantly the on screen dashboard of the 450 is a thing which no unoriginal manufacturer can come up with.

1 Like

450X provived everything else except center stand :grin:

Man it’s no way under dog as per specs , and yeah ather’s approach is modern futuristic looks however bajaj sticked to old memories with classic design , Only the real world test’s will tell how good or bad it is , For 450X am in your boat as am not a classic looks guy and 450 itself is a looker , hope 450X makes it better…

2 Likes

Bajaj had batter warranty, range , metal body , cheaper, 3 free service = 36,000 Km , needed service once every 12,000kms , warranty 50,000 Km for battery, motor , controller, vehicle 70,000 kms , batter ground Clearance

1 Like

We can debate over putting our money once 450X is launched :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ather has higher top speed, faster charging speeds, better balanced ride, navigation, both disc brakes,

Only the Urbane variant of Chetak is cheaper than 450 (both drum brakes), the Premium variant is costlier than the 450 (only one disc)

I’d say it’s a good competition.

2 Likes

We are missing one important thing. The mindset with which both the companies are operating. Bajaj is a veteran company with huge investments in the ICE space globally. They don’t even want EVs to become a thing. They made the chetak just for the sake of making. They didn’t put in much efforts towards innovation. They just clubbed in better specs and looks. Bajaj is likely outsourcing all the R&D, software and IT workload. Ather on the other hand is driven by innovation and really modern self R&D. The design, the software, the data driven approach is what will make Ather superior in the long run.

5 Likes

But Ather had batter overall spec

Now they have to do quick launch…by end of this month and deliver fast to clients other wise people fed up by waiting

2 Likes

Chetak Booking opening tomorrow 15-jan-20 and 10 days to deliver. test drive online booking from 16-jan-20.

1 Like

Don’t compare chetak with ather, lookwise, specifiacations, cost and duel disk all the things good in ather450 we can expect more in 450x…even wide network in motor filed chetak releasing only in Pune and Banglore…still I am exciting to 450x…

I absolutely love those Reas LED sequential blinkers. They’re so cool. I wish Ather had that.

3 Likes

Ather blinkers are too small to propagate sequential illumination , However if 450x is going to get some design changes its quite possible

Apple is ather and OnePlus is chetak

Don’t compare chetak with ather, lookwise, specifiacations, cost and duel disk all the things are good in ather450 we can expect more in 450x…even wide network in motor filed chetak releasing only in Pune and Banglore…still I am exciting to 450x…

2 Likes

4 Likes

And this for the Urbane variant

6 Likes

Then Bajaj showing the ex-showroom price as 1 Lac or 1.15 Lac is incorrect…

Ex-showroom price should be Manufacturing cost + GST + Transport cost.

Today subsidy can be there and tomorrow subsidy can be removed as well. But ex-showroom price will remain same.

2 Likes

I Absolutely agree with you