Bajaj Chetak

are they live streaming it?

2 Likes

1 Like

Ex-showroom Price:
Urbane: 1 lac
Premium: 1.15 lacs
Considering subsidies, the on-road price should be at least 15k cheaper.

Highlights:

1. 3 year / 50k kms warranty
  2. Service once in a year after 12000 kms. 3 free services
  3. Range of 95 kms on Eco mode. Impressive 85 km on Sports mode.
  4. Complimentary charger
  5. (Possibly Free) Installation by trained technician
  6. Online only sales
  7. Connected experience gives charge status, location and range.
  8. Notification to owner for unauthorised access
  9. 13 Dealerships in Bangalore. 4 in Pune.
  10. Booking begins on 15th January. Delivery begins by Feb end
  11. Six Colors across 2 variants - Cyber white, Hazelnut, Brooklyn Black, Citrus Rush, Velutto Rosso (Red), Indigo Metallic
  12. 1 year free data connectivity service.
  13. Servicing at existing Bajaj service centers

Specifications:

• 3 kW battery. 16 nM torque
  • IP67 rated battery and motor.
  • Power - 4 kW Max, 3.8 kW continuous
  • Charging time: 0-100% in 5 hours. 0-25% in 1 hour
  • 12 inch alloy wheels
  • LED headlight
  • LED DRL
  • Fully digital instrument cluster
  • Reverse gear
  • Silent driving without belt
  • Keyless ignition
  • Charging using 15A standard power socket
  • Front disc brake on premium version
  • Battery life of 70,000 kms

Note: Some information are corrected from where I copied. So I am correcting it as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

So they expect buyers to pay an extra 15k for front disc and dual tone colors! :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Yeah no other difference from slideshow. But the price difference is very less. I guess both will get good numbers as the low end version is very close to the price of ICE scooter.

Pricing of base variant is good. It will be available through 13 KTM dealerships in Bangalore and 4 in Pune. Hopefully they expand to other major cities soon.

Preordered 450x and eagerly waiting for its unveil.

1 Like

If we assume calculation similar to Ather, the FAME subsidy should be 20k for base variant. Add insurance and RTO charges, the base variant should be close to 85k.

It brings new buyers into the EV market. Frankly, very aggressive pricing by Bajaj. Even the pre-order pricing is 2,000 500 less than Ather 450X.

I think Ather would have wanted to see Bajaj pricing before it’s launch. Now, ball in Athers court. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The pricing is including government subsidies as being reported in the media.

Indeed, we’re excited to see more action in the electric scooter space. And frankly, we’re even more excited for the unveiling now! :smiley:

3 Likes

Go do it now

When can we expect to own Ather 450x

Actually disappointed with the specs vs price ratio. Also, the price mentioned is ex-showroom - not including insurance, GST, road tax

2 Likes

Soon, very soon. Our #1 fans like you will get to experience it first!

1 Like

Ather included GST in the ex-showroom price. I assumed the same from Bajaj. But even then the on road price won’t be more than 90k.

Because Insurance should be less than 5k. Subsidy will be 20k-21k depending on whether GST is included or not.

Even I thought so. But the slideshow says Ex-showroom price of 1 lac. In that case the subsidy won’t be included.

It was between Ather Vs Chetak until noon today.

Choice is now between 450 and 450X.

450X, please arrive at Xprezz speed. Pre-ordered both 450 and 450X.

2 Likes

Well played by Bajaj and the pricing is indeed promising , Specs aren’t bad either, Quite close to Ather 450 some intelligent features here and there but it going to give a tough competition, Let’s see how it performs on roads but i don’t doubt there will be much variance knowing bajaj legacy in two wheeler segment.

Now Ather has a serious price competition lets see what they price the 450X and what upgrades Ather does to justify a higher price than current 450.

2 Likes

Ex-showroom price includes government subsidies, and insurance and road tax are extra - from what we could gather from the news reports. Let’s wait for them to put out the full pricing breakdown.

I made a comparison between the 450 Bajaj Chetak. The Ex-showroom price announced is including the FAME subsidy as far as I’ve understood. I’d say both the scooters are closely matched. 450 has higher top speed and Lower range, Chetak has higher range and lower top speed…both by a small margin. 450 looks futuristic, Chetak looks retro. Will be interesting to see what Ather will bring to the table with the 450x later this month.

Click to open in actual resolution

10 Likes

Excellent comparison…

Quite a few vague information even after launch… :slight_smile:

Their site or twitter handle doesn’t do any better either.