Auto cut off turn indicators

The next OTA update has significant improvements to the auto indicator cut off algorithms and you should have a much better experience :smiley:

11 Likes

I am hugely impressed and happy with the way @abhishek.balaji has kickstarted his roleā€¦ I believe you bridge the gap in communication which was plaguing it off late.

9 Likes

Today i experienced turn-indicator glitch. On switching left/right indicator, the indicator light and sound would turn on once and immediately turn off. Even holding the switch, the same issue happened.
On Vehicle shut down and start, the indicator started working normally.

1 Like

Do a reset. Hold both brakes and press the ignition switch until the UI reboots.

1 Like

Yes, i did a shutdown and restart, it worked.

1 Like

I find that the manual turn off doesnā€™t work on the first attempt, I have to press the turn indicator button atleast two or three times or hold it before it turns off.

I had a similar issue, but it went away after the bike went through a pressure wash. I guess dust and grime are messing with the switch controls

Okay, I read that a pressure wash above knee level is not recommended. This is a question for another topic, how should we wash this vehicle? Where can we pour water, with and without pressureā€¦

The definition of pressure wash matters a lot. Most wash & service centers use a mister which is pretty low in pressure compared to say a focussed pressure spray. Iā€™ve washed mine at the same atleast 4-5 times and have never had any sort of water ingress into dash components.

1 Like

The indicators timing issue has certainly gone down after the 4.x firmware. In the sense itā€™s works as expected majority of the time and is lot better now, does not cut off before navigating the turnā€¦

One thing though the turn indicator switch is causing thumbpain as itā€™s getting harder day by day to operate ā€¦ one has to slide to bring the indicator Button to centre position to cancel the indicator if it does not auto cutoffā€¦
Any suggestions hereā€¦ as Iā€™m used to scooty indicator switch and is very smooth to operateā€¦ I wish I could change the switch on atherā€¦

2 Likes

I hope you mean just pressing/clicking the indicator toggle.

1 Like

Yes indeedā€¦

Hi @abhishek.balaji. I got my flight delivered yesterday. I notice that the turn indicator sound is out of tempo. I think its a 4/4 loop. For every 5th beep, there is a half a tempo delay. And this is really really annoying. Surprised this did not come up before. Use a metronome if you want to measure.
Please check on the same. I think it can be easily fixed by an OTA update.

15 Likes

Interesting that this hasnā€™t been raised before. It should be an easy software fix. Could you raise this as an issue through the app so it can be taken up officially?

2 Likes

Raised it. Ticket no. 49766.
I am a musician hence I could notice it.

14 Likes

Which musical instrument do you playā€¦on the sidelines!

I sing. I and I play guitar. I was the lead singer in a few bands in the past.

4 Likes

Wow! Nice to note that! Keep singing and enjoy your Ather ā€¦

2 Likes

Guys @Ather.Team the turn indicator barely turns off on itā€™s own. Iā€™ll have to turn them off manually each time these days. It works only about 10-20% of the time now, only if there are wide turns and if Iā€™m riding at a certain speed,

Initially, when people had issues of the turn indicators switching off early, it would work properly about 80% of the time. There was just minor tweaking required to make it a little less sensitive especially at wider turns.

Please fix in an upcoming OTA? Thanks!

I try and do formula 1 type wide turns just to trigger it. With the 4.1 update it seems to have improved and reverted to how it was for me earlier (almost 100% hit rate).

2 Likes