Atherstack Borg - 10.2.2

Hi I’m also facing same issue. The service center here in Visakhapatnam simply told me we can’t resolve it. Kindly contact Ather. To which Ather customer care doesn’t respond.

3 Likes

Any one know how to roll back update

2 Likes

After riding a good 75 kms on the new update, some of my observations were :

1. Bluetooth keeps dropping… still facing issues with connection being a hit or a miss. (P.s i do need to check my iphone 7 for the same, if that’s causing the issue due to its 5 year history)

2. Maps seems to work smoothly!

3. Boot up screen which displays “Ather 450x” is again plagued by white line and at times getting laggy in booting up

4. New observations - if I left my scooter in warp mode, and put it on charge, after completion of charge, the app displays to me “ride” mode range. Although the scooter is still in warp mode. Strange!

Requests - was riding my friend’s Ather 450 the other day, and man! Why can’t we have the indicator tone and boot up sound from Ather 450… its amazing to hear! :star_struck: unlike Ather 450x’s which sounds like a ticking time bomb at signals while waiting and embarrassing me

Edit :

Another suggestion, while I was on my scooter and searched nearby chargers, it doesn’t show chargers in order of “closest to me”. Am I mistaken? Or this is available and I didn’t notice good enough :thinking:

2 Likes

Search for location on bike. I found it easier

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion Adrian, but I’m reporting the issues faced with the current OTA, which is what the thread is about.

I do use the search the location, from scooter dashboard, when the push location service doesn’t work. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Does Google maps just take a spin on the screen for everyone? Or is it just me?

Past 2-3 days I’ve noticed ( maybe because I just started using maps on the bike recently ) that if you’re stuck in traffic or at a signal, Google maps just does a swirl on the screen😂 and then your perspective of the road ahead

4 Likes

Yes I did experience that recently. Suddenly the navigation thinks I’m going in the opposite direction and reroutes accordingly. It’s confusing if you don’t know the complete route to a place.

I have experienced it only once, maybe it’s a glitch or a rare bug.

2 Likes

I have noted that maps take up to 5 seconds to identify a detour and the pointer continues on the path for that long. But it reroutes within those 5 seconds and the map shows the next viable route.

1 Like

Maybe you got an update like the Amazon Spin… You could get lucky Nilay😁

Well i did notice the map going bonkers finding the direction … If you choose location and make a U turn to proceed… U will find a rock n roll scene on the dashboard

2 Likes

Oh yeah, GPS is accurate only for a few meters, so sometimes when standing at a signal it might think you’ve now taken a U turn and hence rotates the map. This doesnt happen with your phone since there’s a compass built in as well, the scooter dashboard does not have a compass though. It’ll fix itself as you start moving once the signal clears.

6 Likes

Then, compass should be part of scooter on priority😎

6 Likes

Is it a hardware element? If yes, why isn’t it already part of the dashboard?

2 Likes

Yes, the compass is a hardware element and usually embedded in the main board or sometimes even the soc (read as system on a chip).

I suppose adding a compass is cumbersome on the dashboard because it needs occasional manual calibration routines. Try opening the compass app on your phone, and ever other time it asks your to move your phone in a pattern of eight till it calibrates. I do not know how that can be done with a scooter having a fixed dashboard.

If this works then can the scooter be moved around in a very tight eight pattern ?

3 Likes

I have seen this with Uber cab, where every few seconds, the cab would be showing as coming backwards after few seconds as forward… :smiley:

2 Likes

What is TPMS?

3 Likes

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

3 Likes

a small bug I noticed, not sure whether its a bug or not but story is that when I charged at the Ather grid till 86 percent and I went back home it was 84 percent . after that I shut it down and due to some urgent need I had to switch it on again after 3 hours so after switching it on I saw the charge at 86 and I thought that will disappear soon due to some calibration error but I drove for 2 km to bring it back down to 84 so it was actually at higher charge without any charging . anybody knows the reason why?

2 Likes

Previously while riding the Ather 450x ( I mean when the vehicle is in moving state) it used to show current ride kms below the speedo but after the update it’s showing trip a kms below the speedo while the scooter is in moving state.

I used to like the current ride thing which used to be there previously. Could you please fix this in your next update

3 Likes

it actually is interchangeable . when you are in a stopped position you can click on the trip meter to change it to the current ride and then once you move it will show current ride.

3 Likes