šŸš€ Atherstack 5.3 (Gen 2 and 3)

I donā€™t think stopping the charge at 80% at an Ather Grid is a right move. As people above said, let it charge but just unlock the gun. Also, while charging at a grid let the dashboard have a new button called ā€˜pingā€™. So that just incase, if another Ather user needs to use the grid but the one charging their scooter isnt around, the other Ather owner can hit ping and the charging user will be notified on the app. If they are far away, they can just hit unlock on the app and the gun will be unlocked so that other people can use it.

4 Likes

I am not able to charge after 80% (it shows completed)in my portable charger, but while i removed the charger it shows 94%

2 Likes

Not many of owners will be comfortable people touching their vehicle, since it will still lead to hoarding and the same difficulty of not getting charge in emergencies, let this 80% charge cut off pan out so they- Ather can get the data out of it and they will make future adjustments.

7 Likes

donā€™t put ideas in their headā€¦ :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/tarunsmehta/status/1634754365201485824?t=FvmTTat5VvHAq3YuQ9IvuA&s=19

This should clear it up a bit

4 Likes

Same here app showing documents but Ather not :smiling_face_with_tear:

Idea is not bad, but people will still choose to ignore the app notifications. And let their scooter continue the charge. It might also lead to charger handle damages.

1 Like

Delete it in the app and reupload.

1 Like

Ok, Iā€™ll do it after update of 5.3. Thank you @FlightRider_77

5 Likes

I still havenā€™t received this update yet.

1 Like

i tried that even uploaded other more pics

3 Likes

Hi,

I have an Idea, not sure its Gud or Bad. Now Ather Grids are locked upto 80%, which is gud for all users with less waiting period to get grid free.

I suggest that, upto 80% the Ather Grid Gun can be used in LOCK Option, after that the Charging Gun should get UNLOCK but it will continue charging the same EV until someone removes. So that whoever wants full charge can use it. If someone want to use grid they can remove charger from existing charging EV (>80% which is in unlock mode) and both users get sufficient charge).

If this is safe option, I request Ather team to look ino plz. @tarun @swapnil.iitm @abhishek.balaji @acorreya @nadeemlthf @kgeshwaran @aajithms @chef.arun7 @palalmobilityacc

5 Likes

Tarun has already clarified for this on twitter. Its not safe

4 Likes

Will result in arcing, this couldnā€™t be a solutionā€¦

4 Likes

Ok then, a Pop up to be indicated in display after 80% charging. STOP pop up, which shuld automatically come when vehicle charges >80%. So the next user can easily remove charger by clicking the STOP button on existing charging EV.

8 Likes

Yes, stop charging button after 80% is acceptable to unlock. Until then scooter can keep charging

2 Likes

Who wants to share the charging gun if they want to charge till 100% though it is unlocked.

3 Likes

Would lead to chaosā€¦People who are aware of this would accept, but those who are unware will start fighting. We people are in India bruhh :joy::sunglasses:ā€¦

9 Likes

Exactly my point. Anybody can argue that i wanna go on long run. And soon itā€™ll turn into debate.

4 Likes

And they will start fighting :joy::joy: