🚀 Atherstack 5.3 (Gen 2 and 3)

I think it will be a war to Ather by so many owners.

Meanwhile Gen 1 owner’s thinking that they were almost close getting this update.

If a Gen 1 charges fully at the grid and Gen 2 is 80% charged, then Gen 2 will have lesser range than Gen 1 :saluting_face:. I hope so but still should check Gen 1 at the grid whether it is charging fully or 80%.

This wouldn’t be the appropriate solution. Over 1l scooter’s on road every single person will have different use cases.

Now so many long trips aren’t possible.

Atleast the grids outside the city needs to charge full ( I know this isn’t possible )

Let’s say i go for Nandi hills and want to go for Isha and return back which is 70km in total, so i need full charge in Nandi hills. At 90% of the times the Nandi hills charger will be free so if i visit Nandi hills, i could have plugged in and enjoy the hills by that time the scooter would have been fully charged and visiting Isha and returning back would be possible. Now whatever circus if i do i can’t go there and return. If I’m travelling single it’s almost possible but with a pillion no matter how i ride the charge degrade’s really faster and that too with 80% i can’t even think of doing most rides.

And everyone will not have a portable charger to charge at grids.

I too better do this or I’m thinking that doing any last long rides before this update. However when i give it for service they would update manually right?

I don’t do long rides or i don’t full charge at grids but atleast in 6 months sometimes a situation arises where i would really need full charge but i can’t. It will be a challenging task at the grids from now on.

One more important thing. Almost all the grids i have visited till now have a broken lock. Only very few like newly installed grids or grids outside the city have a proper lock in the charger. For example, the newly opened Ather space in yelahanka’s grid charger lock is damaged it was just a few days after the inauguration, the lock had been broken. Actually the security there was removing the charger without turning the key on, i Actually told him in a very calm way that how to remove the charger but he is in his own world thinking that he has all the power in his hands and removing the charger without turning the key on. I mean what is the use of letting the charger getting unlocked at 80% if there is no lock itself. The busy charger’s are always that are inside the city and all of those charger’s lock is damaged. So if it isn’t locked then anyone can remove it if the owner is not around, they can even remove it below 80%.

P.S:- The grid at Ather space yelahanka will be turned off at night. I asked why, it’s your own charger if somebody is in need what should they do. They said the charging sound of the charger will disturb the property owner’s sleep. I was like REALLY
!!! :woozy_face:

Just got this notification

How can it be longer trips that too with range confidence with only 80% charge.

I agree that limitting to 80% and allowing an other owner to charge is a good practice but sometimes it doesn’t makes sense. I thought atleast now paying mechanism will come to the grid and the high usage of grids will go down but didn’t happen :pensive: The only problem for the grids is because it is free, if the grid would be payable so so many owner’s won’t charge at grids. If it was payable then they would just charge how much they want and go and wouldn’t do unnecessary charging at grids.

Since it is the first step hope the next step taken will be little acceptable. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

now i gotta take detour for 10% charge to make it back from nearest SC if needed,bruh i would rather pay to unlock rest 20% charge

6 Likes

Carry a portable charger and charge the vehicle at Ather 3amps plug to complete 80 to 100% charge.

It’s the same time which takes to charger in fast charger

6 Likes

They will bounce back

soon :grin:

2 Likes

This make sense after 100% the scooter screen shows an option to unlock charger instead of cutting off charging as some require 100% battery.

3 Likes

After the update, getting this

4 Likes

Need to fix navigation line covering traffic lines.

4 Likes

In light mode the tyre pressure values are not clearly visible only the letters F and R is observable.

8 Likes

Having the same Issue, I was about to post this

4 Likes

Same it was showing in mine too later it got normal

3 Likes

No documents visible on scooter display

3 Likes

It would interrupt the charging process, with a high current flowing in the vehicle when the charger point is pulled when it’s still charging will/might create arcs or sparks which might damage the connector or the scooter’s port.

3 Likes

Oh, makes sense. I had the doubt because, I have seen home chargers not locking but still charging. Must not be happening with the grids then.

2 Likes

We have to be at least happy about having Ather with fast charger Grids. Others doesn’t have that option. Here Ather scooters are increasing and this is the right decision to have fair usage of grid.

Ather has the best service than others. Think about that.

Do you wait for other person charge till 100% ? Definitely not, if I’m in a Situation to charge when my scooter battery is low.

I faced this issue when people leave their scooter connected to grid and leave from the place. I had to wait for them to unplug.

2 Likes

The maps rotating issue has been fixed. But looks like we went back to old type of maps from vector maps. Is it so?

2 Likes

Yes this happened with me I was waiting for person to come as it’s 100% done and I can’t find the owner of that scooter and I was running low battery it’s was so upsetting and helpless that time it’s a good discussion to unlock at 80% i am happy now.

3 Likes

When will auto Theme be added? And what about U.I design changes which were there for Series 1 will it be added again?

1 Like

I’m getting a new bug, Bluetooth works flawlessly but when i receive calls and pick them up or decline the scooter disconnects from the phone.anyone face this issue ?

4 Likes

I am also facing this issue with the document.

3 Likes

Then they should have given an option (toggle) on the dashboard to unlock the charger after 80% SoC

3 Likes