AtherGrid Locations

For u nearest grid is go native @ 5th blk. And next one is cafe eleven @ DG petrol bunk. And I have not seen these grids working even single day. Hope @Ather.Team rectify ASAP.

1 Like

Cafe Eleven charger does not work.

1 Like

I agree that this part of the city is not well covered by Athergrid. The one in Caf-Eleven doesnā€™t seem to work (seeing some posts by members) and then the Go native in Jayanagar 5th block is the only other one.

However Pump house may not get one for two reasons that I can think of

1. Iā€™m not sure if Ather has really made it consciously, but there are no grid point in places which serve alcohol except malls (correct me if Iā€™m wrong here).
  2. Getting a parking space in Pump house is really difficult as far as Iā€™ve seen.

But yes, I agree with you again, this area needs a few more Points.

2 Likes

If my memory serves me right, In chennai, @Abhishek and @chethan.bn did visit an alcohol serving establishment to use the grid on East Coast Road. That it ran on a generator and didnt work properly as a result is another matterā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Point being, not sure if Ather has a strict policy against bars/pubs, maybe its case to case.

1 Like

The Banashankari grid doesnā€™t work and the one at Jayanagar (gonative) is always busy when you need it. Similarly the one at natureā€™s basket in Sadashiv nagar is mostly empty. We really do need some more grid points near Sarakki area. Not sure why they removed yellow submarine. Thatā€™s also a place that serves alcohol. Kanakapura road and Bhannerghatta road need some attention . I

think north is covered quite decently .

2 Likes

Actually its Resto barā€¦ Its place for social drinkersā€¦ :smiley: in Chennai i did not see any local place that serves alcohol compared to Bengaluru where I see many local barsā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

This place had power problem that day so was running on generatorā€¦ Fast charger when they are on generator will be like normal slow chargingā€¦ since we were completely out of charge we had to charge there to get some range to reach fast chargerā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

I think Ather looks for place where its decent enough for both male and females to charge their vehiclesā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes, it works. Tried it once.

1 Like

@Ather.Team @shreyas - Request you to have one or more Charging point in and around Manyata Tech Park - Nagavara Outer Ring Road, Hebbal Kempapura, Bangalore - 560045.

It would be really helpful, if you do take an action at the earliest.

Raghu

3 Likes

Go Native, Jayanagar point will be occupied most of the times. Ather team may consider to add another point. I see lot of Ather 450 in this area.
Ather team, Basavanagudi area is not covered. One point is required in this area may be in Bull temple road, Gandhi Bazar, Chamarajpet.

6 Likes

Iā€™m 100% sure that Ather team is aware of the off grid spots. They are probably trying enough to talk to the owners to set up the grids in their establishments. We, the owners should try talking to people. It might be your favourite cafe or a restaurant. Heck Iā€™m thinking of talking to the bbmp offices too. They just canā€™t go and talk to every restaurant/cafe. If we need the grids in a specific place, I guess we only have to go and talk to the owners.

4 Likes

Excellent @AnaghDeshpandeā€¦ let me know on weekends even I will join you in talking to ownersā€¦ :+1:

2 Likes

Iā€™m in too bro. Well go soon. Our area has quite a few potential places.

1 Like

Good idea Anangh.
Also each existing grid point in south bangalore can have 2-3 Charging points rather than 1 is what i feel.

1 Like

@Ather.Team surprised to hear charging points not workingā€¦ Even my colleague reported the same about the charging point near Forum Value mall. I thought it was one off.

You cannot expect some one to visit a charging grid and after they realise that it is not working and then report the issue so that you can fix itā€¦ That should be a very rare scenario.

Ideally, it should be proactive. The host should check it periodically (at least once in a day) and also your system should know that grid point is working or not.

Because people go to grid only because they are low on charge. So after spending the remaining charge to go to a grid point and then realise it does not work does not bring a good experience at all.

When compared to 3 months earlier, the number of Athers on road is multifold. So please work on some practical solution rather than depending on users reporting itā€¦ which is impractical

7 Likes

The one is kasturba road, installed in kiviraj bajaj not working.

if there is a provision to share home charging points with others, tat would really help

Is the Grid at ELCIA working? wanted to take a full nice road ride this week. If its not working, Iā€™ll surely be stranded.

Hi @prasathvishnu,
I totally understand your concern. AtherGrid is often used in distress, and hence should be extremely reliable, but unlike your 450, the AtherGrid does not work in isolation, it is highly dependent on how the Power Supply in that area, at that time also. Power quality of our grids is a much bigger national problem.

Let me tell you the way we monitor our systems at Ather:

1. The health of a public systems is monitored every 30 sec. It is done by receiving packets of data called ā€œHeart beatsā€. So we monitor it proactively and the system triggers alarms automatically, but monitoring also has itā€™s limitation, i.e. if there is a power cut (very common) the system canā€™t tell me the difference between that and the RCCB trip due to fluctuation because in both the cases the symptom is the same. So we monitor the location for 2 hours before triggering a service request.

2. You must have noticed a spike in systems being down in the last few months, that is because its the Monsoon season and the power supply in the whole city is erratic. We at Ather observed this last year too as the AtherGrid was launched in May but Ather Vehicle hit the road only by September. We learnt a lot from it the last year and took some preventive action already i.e the earth pit is washed out every Monsoon, so at our host location we are monitoring the earth pit and topping it up with brine wherever required.

3. Some of the errors which occur due to the fluctuation in the power supply can be addressed in the field but for some we need to get the system back to our labs, which then canā€™t be replaced rapidly. But we do mark that system unavailable on the app and dashboard so that people go to alternate locations in case of need.

4. We are working on increasing the density of charging stations everywhere, but it is not easy to do so, because of a really long list of problems, the most prominent among them being lack of legal parking at these locations. Most of the restaurants , cafe and stores also have street parking hence we cant access that.

5. Lastly, I would like to add, that even after all this, if a person gets stuck and is totally out of charge, we do come at the earliest and solve the problem for him or her anywhere in Bangalore, at any hour of the day. But for that, the person has to reach us through the right channel, which is Customer Support.

Also would like to urge all the active users to give suggestions and inputs for the stuff that can not be monitored for example the accessibility of a location can not be monitored at all times. If we know the ā€œExact Problemā€ then it becomes very easy to solve it.

12 Likes

Hi @AnaghDeshpande,
The CI at ELCIA is being used regularly in the last few weeks. You can drive down here.

1 Like

Hi @santhosh.santy,
That could have been a power cut as the station does not have DG backup.