AtherGrid Locations

Hi @t_saran22,
When we open a new market we establish the grid in typically public places. Apartment complexes generally have a reservation on who can enter the complex and who can not. If in case the “Akilla Heights” complex does not have these reservation then the Chennai CI team can take it forward.

2 Likes

@prvn.exe we are facing a unique problem at Sunny Cafe, but we have found the solution so the problem and should be able to rectify in a week’s time.

4 Likes

Hey, isn’t there a Cafe Azzure at the airport. Could setting up a grid location there be possible since, you already have one at Cafe Azzure in Kalyan nagar.

1 Like

That’s Airport property and the location of the cafe is in the no parking zone.

1 Like

@nishant.dk is the Grid limited to serviceable area only? I ask because I got the team from “The Farm” restaurant, Semmenchery, Chennai to email Ather and they have received a response stating that their place is too far out. This is 5-6 kms outside the serviceable area of Sholinganallur, Chennai and around 26 kms from Ather Space, Chennai. I believe they might not offer 24 hours access to their premises, but that’s something that you could negotiate with them, if you decide that you can offer them the Grid?

1 Like

The Ather 450 is designed for urban commute and hence the focus of the Grid would be limited to city limits for now. We are constantly evaluating new locations for Ather Grid based on the riding data of scooters on road.

The portable charger is perfect for these applications. You can use the charger in a regular 5/15 Amp socket.

Our Bengaluru Owners have tried this out:

2 Likes

Semmenchery is officially within city limits and very much urban. However, it isn’t as congested as other central locations and hence restaurant like the Farm can exists amidst some greenery. I hope this place can be evaluated for a charging point in the near future. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi Abhishek,
my office is at Temple tower Nandanam chennai. Its located centrally on the mount road with ample spac for parking and around the building. its just close to the Nanadam Signal and has an Honda show room and Nissan show room. T building premises is quite suitable for a Ather Grid. I had a talk with the Mamnager of the building and he seems open to the idea of installing an Ather Grid if the details are shared to him
The Ather team can plan a grid here if they feel its a suitable location.As at present I do not see any grid on Mount Road – a landmark road of Chennai.

4 Likes

This should be certainly evaluated and ather team can take it forward. If the building allows external people to enter premises without hurdle this would be a best place

1 Like

yup, OMR is my daily route to work, so this is an ideal spot for a charger.

2 Likes

Yes they allow, as Central cottage industries show room, Honda and Nissan showrooms ,Swiggy and other commercial offices are located in the building

Where is this in ECR bro?

Temple tower in on Mount Road, Nandanam Signal

HI @yash.varma, We establish the grid only in the serviceable area, but we keep increasing the serviceable area as and when number of vehicles increase in an un-serviceable area. We will visit the team from the “The Farm” and explore the area near SIPCOT again in November, but currently its not serviceable.

3 Likes

Ok, thanks for responding.

Hey you can ask them to reach out to the Grid team to take this forward.

athergrid@atherenergy.com

More details here: https://www.atherenergy.com/grid

So, as per understanding, will there be a possible extension of the serviceable areas in November for chennai?

1 Like

Not 4 km away from a Point.
now in Chennai 30 days old.
NO growth in grid points above 10 numbers.
when more grid points are coming?
if a person travel form Tiruvottiyur to OMR , there no grid points in this routes.
update of areas of chennai Tiruvottiyur, Tondiarpet, George Town, park town, mount road government estate, triplicane, santome ,mylapore , nandanam, saidapet, guindy,
this areas i know pretty well so i have given my info
hope ather owners in chennai also give there info of areas
help ather team to come up with useful grid points.

please note i am not saying that i need grid points on above areas,
i have given info of areas only , ather team is well educated then me and they have big research team to do the job.
LIKE THIS EXAMPLE I GIVE ATHER GRID @ AMPA SKYWALK AND NEXT GRID IS AVAILABLE IN JUST 2.9 KM @ SOUL GARDEN BISTRO
see i like this grid , something more interesting they come up so nice it will be.
it will take time for more grids to come in chennai.
Happy Riding my chennai ather owners and wishing you all happy
1 month of Bike

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Charging Station (Non Ather)

Placing a grid needs a lot of geographical / economic / connectivity hub / population density data etc.,
kindly do not install on random locations without any study about City’s geography,

Proper future Ather Grid geo locations in Chennai:

1. Pallavaram-Thoraipakkam 200 ft Road
  2. Chrompet
  3. Near One India Bulls Park, Ambattur (Largest IT Park in North Chennai)
  4. Near Tidel Park or Ascendas, Taramani (Largest IT Park in Central Chennai)
  5. Siruseri (Largest IT Park in South Chennai)
  6. Sholinganallur
  7. Vandalur (Southern most part of the City)
  8. Mamallapuram (southern most point in ECR)

Ather already did a great job in installing grids on two malls in Chennai, namely Vijaya Forum mall and Skywalk, this should be also extended to Phoenix & Express Avenue malls.

Installing grid doesn’t make much of capital cost, so kindly install around 5 Ather grid with 4 charging bays each between Chennai and Bangalore, So Intracity rides would be a possibility.

Today it might just be a scooter, soon Ather might start producing electric bikes as well as Cars in distant future, at that time, all these proper ground infrastructure will make sense.

5 Likes