Ather Space: Test Ride Experience

Yup just saw the tweet… Surprised…

1 Like

Just curious.

@Ather.Team

How frequently you see a group of young folks, perusing engineering visit Ather space and asking tons of questions.

My father did his B.E. in electrical and electronics nearly 20 years ago.
When he visited AtherSpace, he was bombarding the team with questions related to his subjects.
He was smiling and happy face all that time.
Only then did he buy me my Nimbus 450

6 Likes

Btw, I am studying B.Tech in civil… So all these electrical and electronics questions was out of my league…

2 Likes

Just curious to know why Ather 450 is called flight or Nimbus sometimes :thinking:

2 Likes

flight

because it sounds like one

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/on-road-experience-bengaluru/680/30?u=abhishek

and Nimbus because Ayan wants it

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/ownership-experience/303/933?u=abhishek

3 Likes

test rides resumed at work

loved every aspect

7 Likes

I named it as White fury :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Few of my teammates will visit Ather space this weekend. Some are interested in vehicle, and some want dealership.

1 Like

oh ya

in deed it is

2 Likes

Hi,

I have had a test ride, and in fact, I have even made a pre-booking.
This bike will primarily for my wife who is about 5’6". However for me (6’ tall), the rear view mirrors do not have enough range along the horizontal axis to get adjusted, so that I can get a good view of the vehicles/road behind. I had to bend really low to get a view of the vehicles behind me. It is one of the few things that doesn’t look well in the bike design.

Not sure if this is the correct thread, please move it to the correct thread.

Regards,
Santosh

There is trick to adjust mirror or while during delivery ask team to adjust it for you as per convince.

2 Likes

Test drove Ather 450 after exactly one year. Some good’s

1. Irritating fan noise has gone
  2. Suspension is not so hard anymore
  3. Lights are actually of some use
  4. Dash display is really functional now
  5. Seat feels better i.e. softer (maybe a years worth test drives did the magic)

Cons:

1. The 0-10kmph acceleration is murdered. Even on sport it feels so slow just like the CVT switching from a idle start for an ICE scooty (beyond 10kmph the vehicle flies)
  2. Brake feedback was good last june, now it feels very disconnected (wonder why)
  3. Body panels were squeaking (Maybe test bikes have aged)

All in all, i am still impressed with what the 450 does and since i rode to Atherspace on a borrowed duke 200. I was blessed to not have hot air singing my legs and Gems, when i get delivery next Saturday :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Shreyas @Ather.Team The Atherspace in Indiranagar is very well thought and built. But if you’re oldie in Bengaluru or from the old Blr side, almost everyone goes to Dr Raj kumar road to checkout 2 wheelers (Scooters and Bikes) as that’s ONE ROAD where you’ll find all the 2 Wheeler Brands (like Yamaha, Honda, Hero, Suzuki etc). If SP Road the place to buy computers, commercial street for shopping…then Dr Raj Kumar Road is the place for 2 wheelers in Blr. Give it a thought, you’ve been spending a lot in social media to increase the footfalls in your experience, but setting up 2nd Experience Store here will definitely give you a boost in sales and footfalls.

10 Likes

All good things come up at Indranagar.
Its what my uncle said!

2 Likes

All expensive stuff*

8 Likes

On July 14th I was in Bangalore and visited Ather Space it was nice although I didn’t do test ride as I had not booked the slot and I don’t have time, quickly saw around the showroom I liked that battery pack in water, seen that coffee machine but didn’t have as i was in a hurry, waiting to visit nungambakkam Ather space after few days when it’s not crowded, I wish by September gst rate and Chennai roadtax comes down.

Also I have seen many Ather bikes on road, I clicked this pic

5 Likes

That’s Manu a.k.a. @mmdk .The triple Logo is an give away. The sticker on the Swingarm is the mark of a Chennai event attendee

3 Likes

AtherSpace Chennai is open. It looks awesome.

12 Likes

clean

1 Like