Ather scooter sound and fan

The RE exhausts are loud, they are not shrill like ather’s loud, shrill ear piercing noise which it makes at low speeds which supposedly doesn’t have a solution and I have to just live with it.

1 Like

Can anyone please confirm the presence of 2 fans and their purpose, especially the one under dashboard? Mine is 450, I hear the one under the floor at the battery …thats it

1 Like

In 450 there is no fan underneath the dashboard to cool the dashboard and one more which you hear near the floor at the battery

The fan to cool the dashboard is in 450x not in 450

2 Likes

can I tell u one thing - you have to accept the real fact that there is a fixed programmed mini pc installed in dashboard that’s used for providing and monitoring information in the display. so it contains micro processors and it needs to be cooled by a fan

The 450 has a fan below the seat for the motor, and another one in the area behind the bag hook to cool the onboard charger.

2 Likes

No Ather product has any active cooling for the battery yet.

I just mentioned it for the person who asked this, that he will understand better

It is certainly noisy. It gets annoying when its noisy and you aren’t going fast at all. It certainly annoys dogs at night. I have been chased by several lately. :joy:

3 Likes

Royal enfields are annoying af. I hated it all the time.

its true usually EV are chased by dogs due to its frequency level

1 Like

I think they can make the experience much better for most of by not triggering the fan at low speeds (say <20 km/hr)

1 Like

It can be made better with active thermal cooling. With removal of the onboard charger, there is sufficient space to host a cooling tank and pump etc

2 Likes

I have absolutely no clue what you tried to convey here. What good is a fan without ventilation?

2 Likes

without ventilation there is no use in using fan,without fan there is no use in using ventilation

1 Like

Convection and headwind.

1 Like

As soon i accelerate apart from that " Weeeee" sound " tir tik tirrr " type sound coming from where the motor is placed is it normal ??

4 Likes

I second that, especially in Eco mode.

2 Likes

It is very likely that your belt is loose. Happened to me last week. The iterative sounds(like there’s something obstructing the belt under the floorboard) as the scooter slowly comes to a halt. I got the belt tension adjusted at the service center.

I’d advise you to ask the service guy for a paddock stand, push the accelerator and demonstrate the whirring and grinding noise then and there. Do not let them take it out for a ride around the block.

2 Likes

I have been forced to write an adverse review for my Bike, Wish they could have solved the issue soon I took the delivery some 4 months ago (450+ Gen 3)

• Delivery was extremely delayed and no one new when it will happen, ppl who booked after me were getting the delivery of the vehicle. I let it Pass

• Immediately upon delivery i had issues with Fan running overboard even when I was riding in eco mode and belt making excessive sound and a defective seat (know this coz my brother’s 450X had a different ergonomics seat, and my bike seat IS very inconvenient) Got Fan and Belt repaired but they refused anything for seat even though Service center guy admitted the seating was off

• Now two months after use the Handel and Motor is making a Squeaking sound, I initially though it was due to Mud and Rain got it cleaned twice but the issue still remained. Now trying to get it repaired and they expect me to pay for the service and keep disconnecting teh customer care call. Have to repeat my ordeal again to a new Agent and he will put my call on hold and then disconnect and the cycle repeat.

Thinking of walking in Ather experience center handing them over the keys back its enough is enough Never expected this for Ather

3 Likes

Sad to see you have had a bad experience with Ather. I hope they listen to you and address and fix issues with the bike. I love my Toothless and fingers crossed, no critical issues since last 2 years.

1 Like