Ather Rizta | From our family to yours

This is very disappointing, if it is true. Disc + Drum is nowhere close to Disc + Disc. One of the Ather Essentials can’t be left out in a new model.

6 Likes

If this is the case, we should be expecting more similarities with the Vida.

Although I don’t mind rear drums. Majority braking should be done with the fronts only, and they have the most stopping power in emergencies.

Rear drums will ensure even with minimal maintenance, the good ol’ drums will work fine (and be significantly cheaper) compared to the sharp but costlier to install and maintain discs!

2 Likes

Having tried this Disc + Drum in Chetak and Vida Pro, that is nowhere close to Ather’s Disc + Disc setup.

It just works fine like any other ICE scooter, but the confidence you get with Ather’s brakes are much much higher than that of Chetak and Vida.

3 Likes

It will cost less than a life of a person. Sadly money triumph everything today. I had high hopes on this scooter. But looking at these cost cutting, I actually feel better to maintain the gen 1.5 to it’s optimal condition.

Btw the disc brake setup costs less than 7k for a oem manufacturer. I hope they come come up with 2 variants one that could be a possible TVS iqube competitor and another which will continuously 450 line support from rizta so that can have dual disc brakes.

2 Likes

Okay All of this assuming Rizta will have similar power as 450 which I don’t think it does. They talked a bit about it being a more subdued and lazy ride. I’m thinking somewhat like 110cc. Hardly any ice scooter in that category has dual disc and still they function safely.

2 Likes

So true I hope that’s the case but what worries me is we haven’t seen another varient so far soo idk.

Maybe cost cutting in hardware and improve it via software??

2 Likes

Yes I understand. Ather is my first 2W so I don’t have a lot of experience to back up my claims.

Although like someone else said, since this isn’t meant to be sporty it would be understandable why they wouldn’t choose to keep discs.

Alllllthough if you take a look at car manufacturers: Lamborghini makes both cars and SUVs now. But it doesn’t matter if its a bulky Urus or a small Huracan: it always performs like a Lamborghini. Quick, Sharp and glued to the road!

2 Likes

Hehe, Lamborghini.

The main USP of Ather for me has been that it is a well-engineered product. Not like some competition which imported their product with half knowledge of its capabilities. Or unlike traditional ICE manufacturers who were dipping their hands into the EV world for the first time, with their age-old thinking.

The chassis, the ECU, the main embedded software of Ather is robust and will always get you from A to B.

This is why I feel we will succeed with Rizta, even if the pricing is not exactly competitive. It is a utilitarian EV scooter which is reliable and well-built.

It’s far too easy these days to focus on the software and leave behind the electronics and mechanicals that keep sh*t together :stuck_out_tongue:

So I wouldn’t worry about the drum brakes, Ather seems to understand the limits of their products very well. Lack of discs just confirms it to not be as quick as a 450.

10 Likes

Everybody halt.

We have april fools day leaks ahead.

Source : rushlane IG.

Btw none of these colours will make it to rizta

11 Likes

So after riding my Ather for 8 months, I rode my ntorq. The drum felt like I am stopping my scooter with my leg.

7 Likes

But these look too real😭

Except the ladies footrest, it looks out of place imo

3 Likes

Okinawa, is that you?

7 Likes

Exactly. Disc brake effectiveness can be felt at lower speeds also. My wife hardly crosses 45 kmph. But, even at that speeds, she is confident on Ather brakes than the Chetak, which never inspires that confidence.

2 Likes

Yooo I see :cd: brakes at rear :joy::joy:

2 Likes

They are fakes, for a second it even convinced me that there is disc in rear. But you can notice a ton of fake. Like the key fob is in the left position where there is supposed to be a charging port. More like activa 6g hook on rizta. Jupiter 125 floor mat on rizta. 450’s belt cover on rizta, while we know rizta will come with a full on belt cover.

@tarun do something about these fakes, publish the real ones :sneezing_face::sleepy::rofl:

5 Likes

He himself looks frustrated with all the leaks happening in yesterday’s reel and said “stage pe kya bataunga”.

But for @tarun ,

9 Likes

Is it just me excited more about the daawat than the rizta :yum::melting_face:

5 Likes

I will be happy if TalkBack or similar screen reader response will be come from the scooters dashboard

1 Like

Cuz he knows :rofl: there’s more then 2 wheels so show :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

:eyes::flushed::flushed: Talkback is an accessibility service for the Android operating system that helps blind and visually impaired users to interact with their devices.

6 Likes