Ather One Subscription plans

Ya I just wanted a clarification from ather themselves, after the quarter when I’m going with the service subscription, would they inspect my scooter or something like the first party insurance, which might be an added cost. Was just wondering since I had to think about the same with regards to my first party insurance, and inspection charges which can be waived off if I do not break my first party insurance.

Not sure about inspection. To get confirmation from Ather, it is best to write an email and get confirmation.

@abhishek.balaji - I did not renew my Ather One plan as the vehicle was sleeping for few months now. This weekend - I thought to renew as i might use it for some travel needs for next 1 month.

Yesterday, I saw the Quarterly pricing to be same without any discounts. When do we expect the pricing to reflect?

Also, last week when I called customer care to get clarity about the Quarterly Plan - I was told that regardless when I renew, my plan will expire by the Oct 11 (90 days from my old plan expiry).

I asked what if I renew after by Nov 1. I was told that that it will expire by Jan 11 (90 days from that quarter start).

I felt this was unnecessarily complex and I wasn’t happy that I need to pay for the past period if I renew in the middle of the quarter. But, the message was clear with some justification why so. So, I told I will decide and take a call.

Then, later I got a call back to clarify that the quarter starts from the day I pay not from my previous plan expiry date… Was relieved :wink:

I believe what I heard latter was true - Will you be able to confirm?

2 Likes

Oops, missed responding to this, Plans will be valid for a quarter, so if you subscribe today, you’ll have 90 days of coverage. But the current prices you see, will be valid only for this calendar quarter, and could get revised at a later point.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification @abhishek.balaji :slight_smile:

Hey folks,

We’ve worked with Autovert over the last few weeks on the discrepancies reported by owners here. As we understand, this issue affected a small number of customers due to a very specific occurance - the FAQ was updated between the time they applied for the lease and the time the vehicle was delivered. As a result, some of you have been communicated that Ather Connect was included for the entire duration of the lease term, but the same did not reflect in the lease agreement. Since most lease customers came in after the FAQ was updated, this shouldn’t be an issue.

Autovert has assured us that for those affected by this issue, they have already reached out and made good, by honoring the inclusion of Ather Connect as part of the lease. Please note that Ather Connect is not part of the standard Autovert Plug plan offering.

If there are any further questions or issues, please reach out to Autovert directly at Care@autovert.in.

In related news, Autovert is also working on a mechanism to make the 4G upgrade for all lease customers easier. For those that opt-in for the upgrade, at the end of their lease term, Autovert will either reduce the retainer amount or increasing the cash-back amount. The exact details and the amounts will be disclosed closer to the upgrade rollout date.

2 Likes

I really don’t know the concept of the subscription plan cost revise method. New buyers may buy the vehicle at any point of time. Atleast you should revise the subscription plans price those who bought new bike with bsnl inbuild sim. Why they need to wait for the next quarter?. Those who bought before the change should come to showroom for sim swap.

Not sure what exactly your question is, but if you’re asking about the discount applicable due to Vodafone’s announcement of shutting down 3G, it wont be applicable for those who already have BSNL 3G fitted in your scooter. The intention is to offer a discount for the compromised experience if Vodafone goes to 2G. So the discount will not be applicable once an owner gets the SIM swap to BSNL 3G or gets the 4G upgrade installed.

You can take any of the Ather One plans currently and it would last a quarter ie; 90 days.

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji the prices of the ather connect and other plans are reduced for people having a VIN no < 4182, right? Why am I getting an email saying I have to pay the same old 750+gst?

Ignore that email. The email still refers to September quarter. It looks like last quarters email was resent by mistake.

Pretty sure @abhishek.balaji will post an official update once the plans are finalised.

2 Likes

Eagerly waiting for the updated plans as we early adopters with Vodafone sim are struggling with connectivity issues!! We need a stable connection for time being at least…! RGT

A post was merged into an existing topic: Order Swapping

As far as I’ve understood, the prices would be reduced for the period where we will have only 2g. Vodafone 3g is still not shutdown so there is no reduction yet

The network issues are with Vodafone 3G itself. As long as Vodafone delays their 3G shutdown it’s better for Ather and us. If Ather develops the 4G dongle by then…people can directly go for the 4g sim swap instead of 3g sim swap thereby saving the operation of opening up the scooter 2 times.

2 Likes

Ohhh I thought that Vodafone already removed 3g cause the network is slower than ever xD

Not sure if I am missing something here, but I was left with more questions than answers after the latest email I received from Ather earlier today.

Under Point 1, it first says the new plans will be available from the 2nd week of November, but then in the same breath asks me to renew the subscription plan now for one quarter. Why?

Does that mean the new plan I might opt for will continue until its validity ends? Or will that plan cease to exist and I would be automatically moved to a new plan? Or will the amount be prorated and adjusted based on the new plan, and I will be asked to pay the balance? Will I be forced to opt for one of the new plans once they are announced, in that case?

I found the communication abrupt, ambiguous and devoid of details, so thought would get it clarified here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So as I understand that your subscription plan is expired and Ather team is telling that you can renew the plan for one more quarter for same price as existing plan. How ever they are anouncing new prices and plans. So after the next quarter you will be not able to purchase at existing prices but you have to purchase at new price.

Also they are informing you that even though your plan expired you got a grace period of 15 days to renew untill which you will be continued to enjoy the plan benifits without interruption.

1 Like

Haha, no no, I understood what they wrote in the email. My query was more follow up in nature; those questions I posed, to be precise :slight_smile:

Like I said, the mail was abrupt, and could do with a bit more details.

2 Likes

Basically, politely saying, renew it now at the old prices or we’ll charge you higher if you delay :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

You’re thinking a little too much IMO. If you remember, in June or July Ather had announced new (read higher) pricing for Ather subscription plans but then went back to the old rates due to pandemic. Now that is over and increased prices will be announced this month and will be effective from Nov 2nd week.

Now that your subscription plan is about to expire, you have the opportunity to renew at the older (lesser) pricing. Once you renew, it’ll be valid for a quarter. From the next quarter you’ll get it at the newer price only. Also some small things may change in the plan itself. So the subscription plans that we know of today can be purchased only now. After the plan is announced we won’t have that option. This is similar to the ads we see every year after the central budget which say “buy at pre budget rates now”

If you want to wait for the new plan announcement and buy it at the new rates, it’s all your call. As @Suraj_madhu told, with this email, Ather is saying “don’t say we didn’t tell you”

3 Likes

Ah, I hear you Hemanth. It’s just that we are all able to interpret it this way coming from where we are coming. For someone who isn’t that active on this forum, I felt the email leaves much to be desired.

Even now, I don’t know, say, what is the best way forward for someone like me who is eligible for Series 1 (EDIT: or basically anyone who is planning on upgrading to 450X) when it launches next month… Should I just go for some plan or drive with a Ganesh’s sticker on the front and hope nothing untoward happens until November?

Obviously don’t mean to be pedantic about these petty nuances. It is just that I have often observed that Ather does a tremendously good job right from product development to post-sales service, but surprisingly often drops the ball when it comes to communications. So just calling this out.

8 Likes