Ather Grid in Mumbai

Please update on Grids at few other locations & their timeline to be operational so that more people can join in who are avoiding it due to range anxiety

6 Likes

Yes I completely agree with @JPCorp and @abhishek.balaji please can you give us estimate timeline and locations for more Ather Grid coming in. So we can plan accordingly. Lot of other are not able to join in because of range anxiety & lack of Ather Grid in Mumbai.

5 Likes

It’s been pretty hard finding locations that agree to host an Ather Grid point and have sufficient parking space for atleast a two wheeler. The Charging Infrastructure team is on it, will share updates as new Grid points are confirmed for installation.

Try to get it on Western Express Highway from Vasai - Borivali - Andheri - BKC. on Eastern Express Highway from Dadar - Vikhroli - Thane - Turbhe - Panvel

7 Likes

My 2 cents :

Since Mumbai doesn’t have many Fast Chargers yet, I would recommend the ride length be short and you guys spend more time interacting at a coffee/brunch place.

You could do a quick ride through some of the main thoroughfares (gotta show off right :slight_smile:) and settle down at a cafe for a meet & greet.

That way only people coming from a distance can use the EC to top up and everyone else can leisurely drive back home without waiting in line to charge up (due to a longer route/drive). Once more chargers are installed more folks can join for longer rides since they can top up on the way back home.

Besides, what’s the point of having WARP and driving at 25-30kmph for 50/60km drive :grin:

7 Likes

We understand and we as a Mumbai Ather community team have some suggestions. Hope it will be helpful to your Charging Infrastructure team.

Suggestions for Ather Grid
Runwal Green ,Link Road,Mulund (W)
South Mumbai e.g. Hotspot places Nariman point, near CSMT, Gateway of India.
Korum Mall,Thane (W)
Metro Mall , Bhandup
Mind space, Malad West
Nesco, Goregaon East
D-Mart in all suburbs in Mumbai
McDonalds in Malajipada - https://goo.gl/maps/F1wWNaVQJLyFhdLi8
McDonalds in Haloli - https://goo.gl/maps/PL3Pvm9Y68nSCaoFA
McDonalds in Vasai - https://goo.gl/maps/bjfVYdCxQtyez7ut8
Ikea navi mumbai
Kamal motors NERUL
kamal Hyundai KHARGAR
McDonald's KOPARKHAIRNE/GHANSOLI/KLAMBOLI
Goregaon Mulund Link road - Aarey
Kohinoor Square, Dadar West
DMart, Food Studio, Runwal Greens - GMLR Locations
2) RMall - LBS

Mulund West locations
Growels Mall, Kandivali East
Thakur Mall, Dahisar East
All RTOs
Croma, Mahavir Nagar, Kandivali West
Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali East
Raghuleela Mall, Kandivali West
All those signs you see everywhere: I love Kandivali, I love Andheri etc.
Oberoi Mall, Goregaon East
Mindspace, Malad West
Airports
Metro stations
Hospitals
Pizza outlets/subway
Theatres
Vashi, Inorbit mall
Panvel, oriant mall
1. Vasai - W.E.H. Sativali Road
2. Borivali - W.E.H. - National Park / Devipada Ground
3. Andheri - W.E.H. - Bisleri Junction
4. Powai Garden / IIT
5. Kurla Highway Junction
6. Vashi Toll Naka
7. Panvel - Kalamboli
8. Khopoli - Pali Phata
9. Lonavala to Shivaji Nagar, Pune
Goregaon Mulund Link road - Aarey
Decathlon, Dahusar
Big mall, Kasarvadavali, Ghodbunder road
Aarey road, Goregaon West
IIT Powai
Bombay Gymkhana, near Azad maidan
SNDT Churchgate
Wherever BMC is planning to setup charging stations in Mumbai region
23 Likes

Woah! This is some amazing effort :clap: will pass this on to the Grid team and they’ll run through the list one by one!

8 Likes

All credits goes to our Mumbai Ather group members.:pray:

13 Likes

Vikhroli has a charging station on eastern express Highway. It’s on service road sat Tata Power substation. I think this would be ideal location for ather grid. No parking issue there

3 Likes

This has a list of charging stations set up by Tata, can Ather and others making EVs not collaborate and strenghten this grid, instead of spending on creating new infra? https://tigor.tatamotors.com/electric/chargingpoint

2 Likes

That’s the dream but fortunately, the three-pin socket is something you’ll find common across all charging points that let any EV charge up.

On fast charging, there’s no set standard for fast charging on two-wheelers yet, and even in the four-wheeler space, there are 2-3 standards that are coming up. This makes it harder for interoperability between different operators, but hopefully, as more two-wheeler companies start taking fast charging seriously, we should see a standard emerge.

We can’t use the standards that are set for four wheeler EVs, since they work on a completely different electrical architecture compared to Ather scooters, due to smaller batteries, etc

Fingers crossed, as adoption grows higher, we should see far more consolidation in this space.

8 Likes

I understand, hopefully we will have some sort of a standard guidelines from the government and more adoption to see more consolidation :+1:

3 Likes

Is there an Ather Grid in Mulund? If yes, and anyone knows details, can you please share?

1 Like

There’s one spotted by our community member @sushrutdhadwe . Here’s the location : Mulund Grid Location

2 Likes

Thank you! @sushrutdhadwe Is this in Runwal Anthurium? Is this accessible for folks not staying there?

2 Likes

Yes, it’s located inside the BMC parking and accessible to any one. Parking fee 10 rs for hour.

1 Like

This grid is not available on the app. Is it commissioned or active?

1 Like

It is already installed but as in WhatsApp group told by Saurabh they’re having issue with owners thats why it is not declared officially yet. Since I got to know about 3 locations I’ve asked people staying nearby to go there & check. As per the source there are 14 Grids planned for city. 1 at Borivali, 2 at Mulund, 1 at Thane are already installed. 1 will get installed at Hub Mall Goregaon, 1 at Oberoi Mall, 1 at Korum Mall Thane, 1 at KEM Hospital Sewari, 1at Turbhe, 1 at Panvel. They are still identifying location for remaining Grid Installation

8 Likes

Suggestion to have a Grid point installed at Mandhwa Jetty. Can ride to Alibaug/Revdanda Beaches since there’s now a Ro-Ro ferry between Ferry Wharf and Mandhwa Jetty.

7 Likes

Finally we are seeing some Grids coming in. Looking forward to see all go live on app. @JPCorp thanks for sharing the initial location hind.:+1:

1 Like