Ather Dot, the new home charging pod

Additional cost I had to pay for the Charger installation, in Appartment complex the distance from the meter to the parking spot will certainly be high… so keep this cost in mind as Ather does not give any discount on the additional meters of installation … so there is an expense ever after the heavy cost of the 450X

1 Like

For those who transport the Ather out of city, in an city where Ather is not present, what happens to the Dot? Is it delivered on the address or the person has to take it from Ather Space while taking the scooter,?

1 Like

We can deliver it to you at an extra cost or you can opt to pick it up when you take delivery of the vehicle.

1 Like

You could have installed with local technician

How much is the extra cost if I have to get it delivered and how much weight is it since I have to put in the flight or transport with the Ather?

It would depend on the city etc. You can reach out to customer support to know the approximate costs for shipping. You can find info on the weight, dimensions etc, in the user manual: User manuals for Dot and portable charger

1 Like

Quick question on the installation - even if there is no socket, the installation can be done directly via the electricity meter right?

1 Like

Yes but we cannot take directly from govt electricity meter

The dot comes with a Huge 15A plug. The installation by ather includes the setting up of a socket from your meter. And then they plug in the dot plug to that socket.

3 Likes

Yes thats what I figured out later… I called my local technician later and asked for a quote and they gave a quote of 3000 all inclusive for the same thing

Yesterday, the Ather team installed the Pod at my house and I realized quite a few things :

1. Team of two, Mr. suresh was a soft spoken man, who completed his job with any suggestions given by me without hesitation and contributed his thoughts as well in the most gentle manner!

2. My appointment for the installation was at 3 pm, but since he had finished installation at other places much quicker, he waited patiently outside my house for 2 hrs and still had a smile on his face .

3. Did his installation quickly and left without any mess! Now that’s a relief.

Yes an electrician would definitely be cheaper to hire and install the pod, But if you keep in account the above points, I categorize and account the above as good service they provided. Just my POV.

An extra 4 meters (Apart from the 5 meters included in std. installation) was installed at my place, and costed me 600/- ( 4x150/-)

Just waiting for the Series 1 now, to arrive !!

9 Likes

Since I’m getting my Dot delivered or transported to my city or Maybe carrying it in flight, just wanted go make sure if I’d be getting all of this?

Image from the forum itself

Ather Installation : They shall get everything.

Self installation : Incase you are going to a city where Ather does not install Home Pod, The box which you see in the image is enough . Other accessories can be easily brought from any electrical / Hardware store. So need not worry ! P.s - Please read the manual carefully for installation after you pick up / receive the Pod.

Sure! Thank you so much!! Also, is there any power requirement for the plug like 5A/6A/15A where I connect the Dot? In the manual, it’s 6A I guess. Also the manual I’d same for 450 and 450X right? I downloaded the manual from the link which Abhishek gave me. It says Ather Dot manual for Ather 450, hence wondered.

1 Like

There is catch here. Some pods are supplied with a “16 A Plug type PCRD” and some have a “separate PCRD module with 5 A plug” as I noticed on the Forum and in the manual for same.

I suggest let the Pod reach you and then take a decision based on what type you are getting. It will barely consume your time.

I looked at the manual shared by Abhishek, I have an additional page where they have discussed about the “16 A Plug type PCRD”. Otherwise its completely same.

My Pod was supplied with a “16 A Plug type PCRD” where they used a 16 A to 5 A converter and installed the same. Not sure how they vary performance wise, because few people wanted to get “16 A Plug type PCRD” due to aesthetic factor and Power line issues.

Please Google the same , you would get more clarity incase I am not clear.

1 Like

Okay sure. Thanks! Also is the adapter like 5A to 15A or vice versa or something is included in the box?

What are the dimensions of the Dot with the box?

Can someone please tell how does the mapping of Dot work? How to set it up and do what in case it doesn’t work? Also, what issues could I face with the charging as I’m taking the scooter out of BLR?

Very very anxious but really want to take the delivery soon

Can anyone clarify if one opts for portable charger? there can be small wooden case to store this charger instead of pod. in case needed, can be taken out for longer rides. wouldn’t that be simple than pod installation?

Can anyone post a pic of Portable charger? also side by side with Ather dot? just to compare the size of both?