Ather Dot, the new home charging pod

Hey @abhishek.balaji,
Really appreciate your efforts on keeping us updated and also very happy that the payment window opened up yesterday. However, was going through the mail again and it says that i need to pay ₹1,800 for the Dot installation. How is this fair. I pre ordered in July and my delivery wad scheduled in September. Only the people who would start booking from October were the ones to be charged right ? I even called the CS and they confirmed the same.

See, my delivery was pushed to October because of the quality issues that happened last month. The CS executive also mentioned that my Dot installation would be free as i pre ordered very early. Please confirm this part before I make the payment today.

Thank you

5 Likes

Hi, There is no free installation of ather dot for the folks who complete their full payment after Oct. So we need to pay 1800rs if we want Ather to install the Dot.

Hey @chaps.nitish,

We are completing payment in October only because there was a delay from their side, not because I wanted to complete it in October. If everything was normal I would have got the delivery in September itself

Yes even mine was due in Sept and I had mailed ather regarding this and asked them to waive off the installation charges for their mess. They didn’t agree to waive off. I have done full payment yesterday and will get dot in this week hopefully. Once I receive I will ask local electrian to check if he can install. Else I will call up ather CS and ask them to install for 1800rs

How is this even fair, we were not mentioned about this charge while pre ordering … they are taking customers for granted as no one is asking them.

3 Likes

Ather Dot was introduced on and from August 30 2019. In that, it’s clearly mentioned that installation will be free only for Chennai customers who were in the 1st and 2nd batch of deliveries. Which means for Bangalore customers, Ather dot installation would be chargeable from the beginning.

1 Like

Even i booked in July and recieved email says to pay for installation…this is not fair…! We assured delivery in sep but postponed to oct …so why we need to pay the charges to installation …ather team looking for reply

Screenshot_20191023-110901|281x500

2 Likes

@hemanth.anand I understand and agree that it was introduced in August and is chargeable for Bengaluru customers. But all I am trying to say is it wasn’t launched when I was ordering, and you cannot introduce new charges as and when required.
I am saying at the least for the people who were promised deliveries in September, it should be waived off.

4 Likes

My understanding:
All the pre-orders (regardless of payment and delivery) which happened before the announcement of Ather Dot should be given free installation.

Because, at the time of pre-ordering, no one was aware of Ather v1.1 or Ather Dot or the installation charges. So, there should not be change now.

10 Likes

Totally agree… most of us booked in June or July and we were informed that the vehicle will be delivered in Sept. Due to ather internal issue it got postponed and we had to wait till yesterday for the payment window to open. This has caused us to pay additional amount for installation.

1 Like

@Shreyas can you look into the issue. Most of the customers who were promised for Sept delivery needs ather to do free installation.

2 Likes

Totally agree. It was clearly mentioned on the booking page that it’s wavied. Needs to be relooked

2 Likes

Hardware upgrade is fine but Ather should had kept the white glossy design intact, it was really an awesome sight in the house rather than this odd looking black charger pod.

At least Ather could had given an option to choose between White old design & present Ather dot design.

3 Likes

The light in the old charger is too bright and intrusive for me, the dot is sleek and less attention grabbing with it’s small light and smaller design. So, it is really a matter of taste… I only wish that the new Dot had magnetic clamps to hold the plug in place…

10 Likes

yes the white old design was good in look wise and also it charges faster when comapared to the DOT charger.

3 Likes

First of all I would like to know the difference between the DOT Charger and the new Ver.2 portable charger.
If the size, weight and appearance is the only difference and both are same in the aspect of performance then its better one can go with the new portable charger instead of DOT.
No installion charges:wink:. No Space occupied at our place:wink:. Can be carried and charged anywhere(proper earthing must).

1 Like

Yaa, but it’s a better experience having a fixed charger at home

2 Likes

Update on Dot installation charges in Bengaluru!

8 Likes

Thanks you very much

Hi. My DOT installation was completed today. I have a question. The small green LED light remained turned on. The technician said that it will always be on and there is no option to turn it off. Is this the case? Does it mean that the power supply to DOT is always on 365 days even when I my vehicle is not connected?