Ather Dot, the new home charging pod

Yes true that . Apple introduced it’s magsafe magnetic connector in 2006 itself for all their laptop lineups. But Ather in 2019 has removed it’s most loved magnetic lock.

2 Likes

They removed the magsafe locks when they went type c everything! Ather seems to be following them :joy:

1 Like

Type C transfer’s data much faster and charges the MacBook really quick whereas the Ather DOT charges the 450 much slower when compared to old home charging point and it is also missing out the magnetic lock.

3 Likes

Update on the charging time of Ather Dot.

9 Likes

The improvement on the 0-80% is good news… :slight_smile: So, the difference between Pod and Dot for 0-80 is only 45 minutes?

3 Likes

Ather Dot, now in Bengaluru!

2 Likes

Sadly chennai does not have 25° C ambient temperature. You can have this in mind for the next battery redesign. This battery is built by Ultraviolette for their upcoming bikes.

2 Likes

It says 45°c, not 25. Only once in 2003 has the max temperature touched 45°c in Chennai.

3 Likes

The 25° C ambient temperature is for the charging time using the Dot. There will be very minor variations with the change in ambient temperature of the Dot.

Our Battery pack has been extensively tested in Chennai (in summers too!), with varying temperatures. Chennai’s ambient temperatures have been kept in mind when designing the battery pack :slight_smile:

8 Likes

A simple solution to the dropping problem :blush:

8 Likes

That’s a brilliant idea. :bulb:

1 Like

Sir, you should have joined Ather team to design the Pod :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Still don’t understand why they removed the magnetic latch. It has worked perfectly every single time for me.

15 Likes

Ha ha ha, pulling my leg

1 Like

True, that was very assuring

Hey @abhishek.balaji,
Really appreciate your efforts on keeping us updated and also very happy that the payment window opened up yesterday. However, was going through the mail again and it says that i need to pay ₹1,800 for the Dot installation. How is this fair. I pre ordered in July and my delivery wad scheduled in September. Only the people who would start booking from October were the ones to be charged right ? I even called the CS and they confirmed the same.

See, my delivery was pushed to October because of the quality issues that happened last month. The CS executive also mentioned that my Dot installation would be free as i pre ordered very early. Please confirm this part before I make the payment today.

Thank you

5 Likes

Hi, There is no free installation of ather dot for the folks who complete their full payment after Oct. So we need to pay 1800rs if we want Ather to install the Dot.

Hey @chaps.nitish,

We are completing payment in October only because there was a delay from their side, not because I wanted to complete it in October. If everything was normal I would have got the delivery in September itself

Yes even mine was due in Sept and I had mailed ather regarding this and asked them to waive off the installation charges for their mess. They didn’t agree to waive off. I have done full payment yesterday and will get dot in this week hopefully. Once I receive I will ask local electrian to check if he can install. Else I will call up ather CS and ask them to install for 1800rs

How is this even fair, we were not mentioned about this charge while pre ordering … they are taking customers for granted as no one is asking them.

3 Likes