Ather bluetooth helmet

I was wondering I will get ather bluetooth helmet along with the purchase, is that true!. Anyone pls help, now I have serious doubts

1 Like

Hey Surya! Welcome!

Ather BT helmet is a paid accessory. You will get a normal helmet if the local rules mandate that a helmet has to be provided with new scooter. BTW, Ather helmet will be out only by May, it seems.

5 Likes

I saw a video in YouTube ware one person is unboxing Ather branded helmet. it got free with scooter. is it true.

2 Likes

Yes, we get normal helmet, not the bluetooth one

3 Likes

yes its correct its mandatory of gov

2 Likes

Ather offered me a free normal helmet during delivery for my scooter last month. In Telangana, it’s mandatory for dealer to give a helmet to customer.

2 Likes

But in Bangalore no free helmet. I feel Govt. is not serious here, but it is our duty to wear helmet and ride safely. all the best and have SafeRide.

1 Like

The traffic police implement the rule quite well in Bangalore I feel. It’s not a bad thing that it’s not free. It’s such a waste. I’m certain a lot of owners already have helmets and this just adds to the waste. You anyway can buy a helmet. The people who don’t wear a helmet, it isn’t because they forgot or didn’t have access to a helmet. The ones who don’t wear a helmet will continue to do so no matter how many helmets you give them. :person_facepalming:

11 Likes

Absolutely. For example, I already have 2 helmets at home that I selected for specific colour and build needs. The last thing I want is another helmet that I know I won’t use. Besides, there is no such thing as free lunch! Most sellers would obviously account for the cost of helmet somewhere in the purchase. So I am glad that didn’t happen in Karnataka.

4 Likes

Whatever, It is a great move to make it mandatory along with purchase, look at the younger generation getting their first scooter, in a way it shows great zeal that society care for them & teaches them to be responsible In their first step & it sticks to their mind that head is Important.

1 Like

It’s an individual’s responsibility to wear a helmet at all times!. Can’t expect the govt to be a nanny state, forcing us to worry about our own heads.

I find it ridiculous that people will spend ₹1000 on accessories for a scooter (crash guards, annoying blinking leds and noisy exhausts) but skimp on a decent helmet.

BTW, those inverted plastic bowls that I see a lot of people wearing on their heads - It’s not a helmet, it’s a plastic bowl with a strap. That’s what it is!

2 Likes

Haha! So true! Over here, we call it ‘topo’ which means a bigger version of cap (topi) . It is nowhere close to be called a helmet…

1 Like

i just shot a short video about a product i found very useful for the new Athers Atom bluetooth update.

3 Likes

Truly said it is a Behaviour. As the proverb says, we can take horse to a pond but can’t make it drink forcefully.

Many people in bengaluru wear a cap ( I like to say a plastic bowl) on their head to just avoid police or just to showcase, this similar behaviour is continuing for masks too in their minds just a showcase by keeping it on chin.

So unless there is self awareness no one can bring change, weather it is Govt or NGOS’

2 Likes

AFAIK there is no free helmet in Goa too.

2 Likes

Some regulations need to be put in place. Every 2 wheeler dealer needs to Compulsorily give an ISI mark helmet with a new sale (bulk purchase will lower cost for the dealer) Customer will feel rewarded by free helmet and promote the company. No one would have a problem to have a sticker on helmet… Maruti has free publicity for every car they sell with a sticker behind the car.

If the customer can provide a valid purchase, the helmet amount can be deducted or else the customer will have a collection of helmets😀

The above if implemented will help brand loyalty and both the Govt. Traffic cell and safety for rider.

I feel that more than the dealer giving a helmet along with the vehicle its the attitude of the rider to wear the head protective gear that matters. What can anyone do if the rider chooses to hang the gear on his hand while riding and wear it on his head once he spots cop in the corner? Enforcement needs to be foolproof and call for suspension of license for helmetless riding.

3 Likes

The directive by the state governments is only an enforcement of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules (CMVR), 1989. Rule 138 (4) (f) of Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989 makes it mandatory for the manufacturers of two-wheelers to supply protective head gears at the time of purchase of the two-wheelers.

Law exists, enforcement lacking.

1 Like

Leave alone enforcement…its the arrogance of the riders that needs to be dealt with. Just slap the offenders with suspension or cancellation of license. Things will fall in place. Apart from dangling of helmets from the arms of the riders, its talking on mobile phones gripping the phone between the tilted head and the shoulder and at the same time riding vehicles without rear view mirrors as well. This compounding offence/violation should qualify for the case to suspend/cancel the DL.

1 Like

Well, none of the dealers provide a ‘free’ helmet. Every helmet is charged directly to the customer. For example, in case of Ola, they are charging (799₹ if I am not wrong) to the customers belonging to states where helmet is compulsory.

1 Like