Ather App update v8.0.0 - Android & iOS - Early Access

Is the app itself not accessible? I’ve never seen this type of login screen. I’m an Android user btw.

It is the 1st time for me as well. This is on iOS

Steps- Profile Tab- Charging History.

Once you click on the history button it navigates you to this page. Once you enter, the app gets stuck and has to be forcefully closed. It seems like the login functionality is yet to be implemented but then if you are accessing it through the app, login should not be required.

1 Like

The subscription tab is finally functional (it never worked earlier) & you can make purchases though the app. Not sure if this was earlier working for the others users

I get this on clicking Charging History. It’s supposed to be Neighbourhood charging sessions history, I think.

1 Like

I checked it on my other phone & it is working fine. I guess some issue with the build. Re-installing should work.

1 Like

Thank You So much :heart_eyes: it’s working now

2 Likes

i am facing this screen everytime ever since i have gotten the beta. simply using the Ather account ID Pass works for me. however the service history screen has never worked for me…

1 Like

I got the v8 upgrade for Android from Play Store today

Sadly doesn’t not solve my problem with the previous version.

The app not pair over BT with the scooter (i have followed the steps i found in the forum, it used to pair one in ten attempts).

Pixel 6a,5.10.157-android13-4-00002-g3dfaefa809c3-ab9965304 #1 Tue Apr 18 16:54:13 UTC 2023

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji

Ride Statistics doesn’t show proper predicted range in latest version of app. For example, see below picture. With efficiency of 20Wh/Km it shows predicted range as 95 it should be around 120 or 130 i guess for Gen2.

This is certainly not the experience we intend for you to have, Geeta. Please share your registered contact number along with the vehicle details, with us via inbox and we’ll get working on this right away.

1 Like

When seeing service details in app, observed some things which needs to be solved.

This is a Gen 1 scooter 450 but it shows 450X, above that it shows correctly but this 450 and 450x simple things are not sorted out and that too in a single page I’m able to see both :person_facepalming:t2:

The service history page also has some technical error. Please sort it out.

PS:- My previous issue was on the dashboard fan getting turned on even when the scooter is in key off position, so it was assigned to community help and i shared all the details to them and i didn’t get any reply to the same. If this community help doesn’t help then please stop assigning posts to community help. I don’t know what will happen to this app issue.

4 Likes

I got my Ather serviced at ~5000 km (assure pro so was picked up and dropped off with zero additional cost over the sub, all minor issues corrected satisfactorily too) on the 1st Sep.

The app is still “your Ather is ready for pick up”

Do I need to do something to reset that ? I could not make it go away

(app ver 9.0.0)

1 Like

Call up the service guy and ask him to update in the system from his side.

1 Like

Yes too had this issue with my 450plus after 10k service, I got warp mode for 1 hour.But it was resolved after I restarted my scooter.It would be nice if Ather plans on upgrading the plus to X for a reasonable price now that gen 3 is on road.It would even be easy for the team at Ather to rollout updates.:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Anyone else got this?

I think its because my account had the default pass: Ather@1234

1 Like

Is it a password manager? Ather disabled password login and uses OTP login only.

Personally SMS based OTP is worse than password based authentication.

Imagine you lost your phone and some bad person took it. Just by taking the sim out and put it in a different phone will give access to all food delivery apps, telecommunication apps like jio and airtel, chat apps like WhatsApp and telegram (if you don’t have 2fa enabled) access to apps where you have linked your wallets like Amazon, Ather charging network, etc.,

There must be 2fa, if a service handles personal data and money, having only password or only SMS based OTP is not okay.

7 Likes

Absolutely agreed. I hate the OTP system as well. It has its pros but using it everywhere and everytime isn’t one of them.

This was Apple Keychain sending me a notification.

Actually, looks like someone else already mentioned this 4 years ago: Data Breach?

3 Likes

Just noticed the app is now refreshing at every 7 mins. Can anyone else confirm this?