Ather App update v8.0.0 - Android & iOS - Early Access

Hey folks,

We’re releasing a new update to the Ather App (8.0.0) on Android and iOS. The updates have been pushed to the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store, and should be available to update in a few hours.

This release carries a few major updates! :tada:

Ride Stories

Introducing Ride Stories! Now you can track your rides and make more use of your ride statistics. Ride Stories puts your ride trends from the past week front and center, with a lot more details such as highlights and information about your trips.

Simply scroll down on your home screen ro find ‘Ride Insights’, where you can swipe and check your top speed in the past 7 days, the distance of your longest warp, total distance covered and how much you saved on fuel.

You can also tap on ‘See all rides’ which provides you with detailed information on all your rides.

Pre-loaded Navigation

We have also improved our maps and navigation by introducing pre-loaded maps with home and work routes that you can easily send to your scooter without the need for additional searches. Make sure to set your Home and Work locations on the Ather App under Profile, to make the best of this feature.

Save favorite locations

Now, go beyond Home and Work with the option to name your favourite locations. Select the location you’ve added under favourites and tap on the edit icon on the right to set a name to a favourite location.

Ather Neighbourhood Chargers

Since we introduced Ather Neighbourhood Chargers at Ather Community Day ‘23, we’ve been busy extensively testing it at multiple locations across Bangalore. With this update, Ather owners who are residing at the beta test locations can use the Ather App to scan and start a charging session.

Other EV owners can use the Ather Grid app to start a charging session at Ather Grid points as well as Ather Neighbourhood Chargers.

Service Status, History & Invoice:

You can now access details on repair and maintenance work carried out on your Ather, right on the Ather App. Also track the status of your service appointment and get timely updates. We’ll even notify you when your scooter service is complete.

To try out this update early, use the links below to enrol for the early access track:

Apple TestFlight: Join the Ather beta - TestFlight - Apple

Android Beta - Sign up here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.athermobileapp

22 Likes

The update is quite intuitive & informative, I like the service history section where you can check on the entire service history, including the customer voice and the service advisors name.

3 Likes

This update is WOW. Good going team Ather.

3 Likes

Kudos to the team…It would be good if you guys could look into the TPMS bug…During the day time in the scooter, the ‘F’ and ‘R’ letters are black in colour whereas the readings are white in colour which is invisible…Hope you guys could work out on this and drop us with a minor bug update :hugs:

7 Likes

I am a beta tester already but play store still has 7.2.0? not the latest 8

3 Likes

You are right. Looks like Andorid has not yet published the update… IOS did it.

7 Likes

Feedback : In Ios - profile- charging sessions - filter - I see hero optima as option. Please check.

1 Like

The Android Beta program on play store is full, any chances you will be accepting more people into beta?

1 Like

Not unless the app developer puts in a request to Google to increase the number of beta testers. You could send a mail to the developer’s email ID in the app description on Play Store.

1 Like

I am not facing this issue

4 Likes

you must have added that as Your Vehicles in the Grid app

1 Like

Nope. I didn’t have nor added.

1 Like

Did anyone from the android beta program got the update?

Nope not yet

3 Likes

Android beta update is out now!

2 Likes

We finally have it, after a day :blush:

2 Likes

I have got the update. Can we have route with return journey in maps specially for left battery. We want to see battery percentage with return journey as well.

1 Like

I don’t see it it’s still 7.2 :disappointed:

1 Like

Did you sign up for the Ather app beta?

2 Likes