ATHER 450x failed it's promised mileage

Body weight = 79-80 kgs

City= New Delhi

Number of flyovers crossed ( I actually counted) = 17

I did aggressive regen braking in addition to light hands on throttle and constant speed of 18-20 and sometimes 30-35.

8 Likes

Thats my run this morning

4 Likes

I hv never seen projected kilometre of 100+ kms till date always I see upto 85kms and below 90kms… You people might have experienced alot more with the Ather but unexpectedly I got very minimal mileage till date even on Smart Eco mode riding speed is 25-30kms maintained still at the end of the day I get below 80k mileage and yes air pressure on tyre is all ok with 30-32psi rest I will say riding this EV is a pleasure no issue with it but in rainy days its a big bug as noise starts comming out from rear suspension and wheel don’t know why need to grease few rusty area due to rain water and mud.

ANDROID USER The smart feature is again pathetic doesn’t gets automatically connected when turned the keys on need to navigate to the app and force connect manually and evn the music doesn’t skip or pause just stucks on the 1st song playing when connected and gets freezed even if any calls arrive the caller info doesn’t disappear either even after the call the caller info and call duration keeps on counting and freezes badly and needs the scooter shutdown or keep keys turned off for 7 mints until the last ride info soft resets. Big bug!!

@abhishek.balaji

1 Like

Here is another one for you buddy. This time Sports + WARP. Will share the ride logs of my rides after the last charge.

7 Likes

Ride statistics not updating from today morning

3 Likes

Same bro from today ride stat no updating

2 Likes

Same here not updating from 5days

1 Like

Not getting proper milege Ather failed it’s promise I’m getting 70km only, my vehicle is 450x model

3 Likes

But after i posted in forum luckily after 1-2 hrs ride stats started working automatically :joy: but doesn’t know why start and end location of ride sometimes seems wrong

2 Likes

I get 90 plus on even on sports with mix slow and fun riding also :v:

4 Likes

Nice you’re getting the hang of it. And I believe it has only been weeks since you got the scooter?

1 Like

Ya I got the delivery 20 days ago only :smiley:

1 Like

Today, I’ve done a ride of around 8km which included a fly over and a little traffic and was able to achieve my best efficiency figures yet 19 Wh/km which predicted 141km range with which I’m very satisfied since my average speed was around 32-35 km/hr and the entire ride was in Warp mode. So it really depends on how we ride, especially on EVs the effect is very evident.

8 Likes

U hv noticed right ? So I tell you these things are a overall calculation and estimations which will will be on the app numbers only not on the real run, I hv been riding the scoota since march 2022 and these numbers are just on the app to make rider happy in reality everything is different, I rode in every mode and every other style of riding even reached late to office and return late to home riding it super slower in SmartEco mode so that I can get atleast a good mileage by resetting the Trip meter A & B everytime I test for better mileage but failed it always gave me upto 70-75kms not more that that and people here in the forum writes what not only after watching the projected mileage which is absolutely making us “popat” my daily commute is the Ather so I travel highest say 45kms in total a day or else if it would be more den I would hv claimed the brand for advertising fake mileage. Plz don’t get impressed by its only on app projected mileage do the whole run on one charge and find out the difference in reality or else u will still stay in the dark.

8 Likes

Hello @iroykaarena !

It would be better if you can also share your ride stats so that the fellow forum users can help you out in getting better range out of your scooter.

As already mentioned by some members above, there are many factors that contribute in getting a proper range. And, there are some forum members who have actually covered the estimated range distances.

1 Like

Well, in real world I’ve done few rides that gave me 75km with 18km left in warp mode and that too with a pillion. So, I’m confident that I could achieve 100km on single charge in warp mode. Definitely not 140km since I’ve used a lot of regen in the trip I’ve posted, but yes I can easily get a range of 90-100km in warp with my driving style. Since the ride was on July 1st the ride stat has disappeared, so I’m attaching the directions map for which I’ve done a round trip of 75km in warp mode with pillion with 25% charge left after the trip.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

This became finally true on the gen 3, only 3 kms difference.

1 Like

I get daily around 90-100 in sports mode with mix riding and also 60-80 speeds :+1:t2:

4 Likes

90-100 in sports is epic, what is your riding pattern

2 Likes