ATHER 450x failed it's promised mileage

Well, if you turn off the power and leave the socket in there is battery loss because the solenoid lock in the connector takes power. Completely normal.

Also, even if you don’t leave it connected, there is bound to be some amount of loss. Just charge your phone at night and check it in the morning, there is bound to be loss (even 1 - 2%) now, your phone probably has a 5000 mAh battery. The Ather has a huge battery (probably 50 times or so of your phone) bigger battery, bigger loss. Lithium batteries don’t like to be fully charged or completely empty.

Also, when it comes to range, your road condition and riding condition matter a lot. Its the same with ICE engines, but no one notices that because you can just fill up and continue your journey. I live in bangalore and with these roads and my riding style, I can get about 50 - 70km on sport cum warp mode.

Now, my mom can get 100km min on eco or ride mode because she’s not an aggressive rider like me. Also, if I am to take the nice road (highway) I can probably squeeze another 10km.

So, share a couple of pictures of your ride statistics and compare them with others. I do get frustrated with range too. Those times I ride more conservatively.

6 Likes

@melvin.wilson @tarun @abhishek.balaji

I am also facing range issues with my 1.5 years old Ather 450x clocked more than 17k kms. I have been observing less range for few months and started tracking the range per charge, what i get is range of less than 60kms per charge always even though the rides are efficient and mostly maintaining 30wh/km efficiency as seen in dashboard and app. This is really concerning to me and i tried explaining the issue to customer support over the call and also spoke over the call to the service engineer at Hyderabad SC, but i am not getting proper assuring responses. I request you to look into my concerns about the incredibly low range per charge even while maintaining 30wh/km efficiency.

I seriously don’t understand why Ather can’t make SoH figures available to the customer. If you’re promising a 3 year warranty on your battery not falling below 70% SoH, you have to back it up with figures. How am I supposed to know how my battery is holding up! So absurd.

3 Likes

My body weight 121KG i got mileage Ride Mode 83 Chennai OMR

2 Likes

Good evening Kindly check air pressure

Drive in Ride/Sports mode atleast 2 to 3 days only drive till 30% and check

from next drive you can achieve better range.!!!

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

True 75km is the max what you can get on the Ather I have practically tested. They are just fooling people with the number and marketing skills.

1 Like

I drove on the same route in Ride + Warp Mode (twice) & Sports + Warp Mode. Warp was used on highway speeds maintaining speeds of around 45-46 kmph. These are the results of driving with good control over throttle & braking. I achieved the best efficiency with S+W combo & much easier to achieve better efficiency.

Ride + Warp Mode:

Ride 1: (10% drain)

Ride 2: (11% drain

Sports + Warp Mode: (9% drain)

2 Likes

I would disagree. Ather has one of the most accurate range prediction. I have owned series 1 for more than 2 years and I never faced issues with range. “Go easy on that throttle…!” If still facing issues, get it checked. :blush:

3 Likes

What make Ather special than other is its accuracy in range prediction.Even ola have big range drop issue

2 Likes

Switch to sports mode always…range has no connection with mode…even warp mode can provide good range… Switch to sports mode and be in 40-50km/hr speed and sure it will give one km per one percent charge.if you are ok to not give throttle at steep down roads…then this range can be better…

1 Like

It’s because Ather ride stats are a sham, just like their scooters They are failed scooter company with an excellent marketing team They are selling you a low end scooter for the price of a high end lux brand scooter All their stats are sham I have 450x and can’t reach more than 70 km in eco mode over 3 days Batter drain in 3 days not more than 15 kms So range is 85 Still 20 less than 105 20% deficiency in true range and real world range

1 Like

Don’t use Eco, and if you are using keep the speed 35 max. If you use sports or Warp that will give you far more range. Me and other people from this community are easily reaching 100.

I tested it myself with pillion rider and warp mode, the range was 122Km and this is with 45 as avg speed. It’s just the style you are riding with, EV are supposed to be used differently.

2 Likes

I agree. :+1:

The BMS is in-house developed. This kills the variation of voltage drop which after market boards faces. to put it in simple terms more the voltage drop=range drop.

You got 122kms in WRAP mode for that :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: {clapping} congratulations :tada: you have unlocked a fake-phase to appraise the brand coz I hv done a miracle what company could do you did it u could even become the ARAI certification in-charge India.

Then you will also know that when WRAP mode is switched to ECO mode automatically in between a unstopped long ride, can you tell at what point the WRAP —> ECO mode comes down to ???

Answer this now before you goto check in ur next ride…

All mode are same if you drive it below 30km/hr and increasing your speed to 70 for 1sec is gonna make little to no difference.

I don’t think you read Ride stories posted here by other people. Here is an example.

And there is complete topic thread dedicated to achieving good range.

I don’t know what you are saying here, are you referring the performance drop if you use WARP continuously ? If so, I have not experienced something like that, maybe because I didn’t use the WARP to constant acceleration all the way in that trip, Otherwise, I wouldn’t have that “122” number to brag about. There is something called as Hypermiling, it gives you max efficiency. This ride was my attempt to learn this technique. You can check out this video for this.

And I couldn’t understand what you meant here.

P.S. Now that I’m writing this, I realized I should have taken the screenshot of my ride log :frowning: , I have it roughly written in my notes app. Ather app doesn’t show more that 20 recent logs.

Bro, first of all it’s WARP (pronounced as Wo-au-p) Secondly, any range number can be achieved on any mode. It’s just a matter of much throttle input you give :smiley:

7 Likes

Why people confuse between these 2 (WARP & WRAP), even Ather people are convincing that it’s WARP as in Star Trek’s Warp mode :joy:.

Ola has hyper mode (similar to Star Wars) Ather has Warp mode (similar to Star Trek)

1 Like