Ather 450X Discussions

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/what-is-the-regular-maintenance-service-schedule-of-my-450/

1 Like

2020 budget decrease battery gst 18 to 5% this is impact to price?

If you buy plus at the outright price without subscription, you cannot upgrade later by paying the difference of ₹10k. But if you are on subscription, you can go up to pro and back to plus every month.

1 Like

The price announced includes the FAME subsidy. But if any state govt gives additional subsidy (Delhi already does), then that will be passed on to the custody.

2 Likes

It is after FAME2 subsidy.

Do you have a source link, No such decrease was announced.

It was done in July 2019. That is why the price of Ather 450 was reduced to 113K(on road Bangalore).

1 Like

Gone through the AMA sessions post , Its sad to see Ather is justifying their pricing with the manufacturing costs and they were incurring losses on 450, That means every 450 they sold is a loss for Ather? Might be but hard to beleive… 450x isn’t a new scooter its the same product with 90% similar parts (exclude battery and bms and wiring harness )

Technically BLDC and PMSm aren’t very different its just the coil winding which is modified to have a lesser losses , So the cost of upgrades are also not justified
i tried to figure out all options up front and subscription mode none of the options seem feasible the plus is just disguised 450 and pro is gold digger.

Consider insurance and other taxes onroad price will be 10k above ex showroom prices. Anyways that is Ather stand that they dont want to sell a mass market product I highly doubt that they will end up in profit with this steep pricing and subscription plan, Made up my mind to cancel my pre-order , Sorry but that exciting motor whine which i used to be fascinated about doesn’t excites me anymore… :frowning:

16 Likes
2 Likes

I appreciate the transparency from Ather, I had no idea these scooters costed so much to make, no wonder I felt like the 450 was an incredibly good purchase for the price. Hopefully a good portion of the market sees value in the 450X and what it offers. I can’t help but wonder if the launch could have been handled better, timed better, and branded better in the teasers to express the premium nature of the scooter, but that’s hindsight.

7 Likes

Most articles say they wanted a gst cut on lithium batteries but that didn’t happen in this budget.

We just can’t say that directly. Much resource is used behind even changing a screw on an automobile, to make sure it’ll stay on with all the vibration and stress. Changing a Lithium battery on a scooter gives me the scares because it actually is!

1 Like

Hey the product is launched, all set for manufacturing etc… accept the fact :stuck_out_tongue: cant do anything now !

Hey the product is launched, all set for manufacturing etc… accept the fact :stuck_out_tongue: cant do anything now ! haha

2 Likes

Yes, bro was indeed difficult to accept that fact that it has gone way up in the price-value matrix , I just called up the customer care for pre-order cancellation… :frowning:

6 Likes

That’s exactly what i mean, Its not a new model where they can say they have invested huge on the fresh R&D , Ather hasn’t done anything from scratch for the 450x its their same supply chain management, Same production lines with some parts getting changed. More over 450 was developed as a modular platform if you remember 450 initial interviews they are just building up on that.

3 Likes

lets wish all the best to Ather for all the hard work they have done… R & D is amazing… with the new manufacturing plant Ather will become a full scale Automobile company in just a matter of 3-4 years… Thats something which you dont get to see every now and then :slight_smile: and we have all contributed towards it by buying 450 which is still the best in the market :wink:

3 Likes

Ather will become a full scale automobile company… If they introduce a cheaper model(around 1L) in the near future. This will increase their sales demand. 450x will always be there for those who want a super scooter.

Yes, they have built up an amazing product no doubt, I really appreciate all the hard work they have done to come to this point and become the flag bearer for EV’s . They need to be a mainstream OEM in future so that they can also introduce better products at compelling rates.

What is Super Scooter today won’t be that super 3 years down the line :slight_smile:

3 Likes