Ather 450X Discussions

Cuz it simple it is expensive dan 450 and der monthly charge is a burden for me

I am not saying Ather batteries will last as long as Tesla ones, but if they used them as role models and put in the same batteries and took care of them in the pack, it should ideally last looooong.
Tesla batteries dropped the range to 95% after 150K miles, even if Ather ones drop to 80% after 60K kms, I would still keep running it. Just doesnā€™t make sense guys, this is not a phone or your electric shaver to just keep replacing. If you really want to save money just keep using what u got :smiley:

Have a look at this vide, I thought it is incredible.

7 Likes

From a different perspective, 450x is like buying iPhone. When one can buy a phone of 1lac why not a scooter of 2lac.

Heheh nice analogy, except people who did that are looking something else for transport. They are already in a trap, newer traps exist for them in Lavelle and Hosur roads. We are still looking at Redmi buyers here, since they are the ones who built the base for the company!!

3 Likes

Very true, I just hope they revise their plans. There has to be a plan to please everyone.
Ather being a tech company (not really a scooter company if you ask me), generally there is a cost to run R&D and keep the hardware and software up-to-date. But I am against that being levied directly on people looking at a affordable but quality products. Just see in this forum itself, the kind of asks we do no software company will do let alone a scooter company. I would say the subscription should be a top up to unlock premium features rather than to uncover existing features in the hardware. Like someone commented in detail already.

But that said I am not a fan of subscription plans(at all) forced on its customers. Guess what I hate, maintenance fee in an apartment after buying one (so, wouldnā€™t go there). But those living in the apartment very well know what they are paying that for. Without that no pools, gym, play area, kids area etc., So this will be a crowd decision of the want vs the need.

2 Likes

very trueā€¦ the activa comparison was off on pricing and range!!

:grin: Point no 7 to be noted first by @ather team

2 Likes

Excellent marketing ideas! Really apriciate your ideasā€¦

2 Likes

Wanted to add to this. Also, because Iā€™ve barely seen anyone else with my similar experience of the vehicle on the forum.

Iā€™m one of those people who are really happy with my 450 and have had zero major issues of hardware (motor) failing or software going wrong beyond reason. Iā€™ve never had a motor failure or dashboard going blank with vehicle not starting. Used to have dashboard resets and hanging often until about 6-7months back. But it never affected the riding. It reduced to just hangs at about 3-4 months back. And now, I barely see the dashboard have an issue. Today, while riding, the dashboard randomly restarted. And thatā€™s after 3-4months of no issues at all. The vehicle continued to run and I just continued like nothing happened.
Iā€™ve also had a good experience even during service. Some of the issues werenā€™t fixed during the 5k service and when I called them up again, they took it back, no questions asked.

I just hope I didnā€™t jinx it by telling you all this :joy:

That said, the 450X is a great product and theyā€™ve really improved so much. (Just went through their entire spec sheet, most of which they didnā€™t have time to explain during the launch, and realised no oneā€™s talking about what theyā€™ve improved. It has voice assist and theft and tow detection? :scream:) To those that are complaining about the subscriptions, Iā€™d suggest buying the pro and just taking good care of your vehicle for 5+ years. Your battery will be fine. Thatā€™s probably what Iā€™d do too.

9 Likes

Disappointed with not much feature added on top of 450.

450x is over priced and subscription plans are way too costly.

Actually now more people will move to some other competitor EV bikes.

Cancelling my 450x PreOrder.

5 Likes

Donā€™t yet! Wait a few weeks

I completely agree. Itā€™s an amazing product. A scooter with a touchscreen dashboard running on a snapdragon processor, Bluetooth, WiFi, inbuilt navigation, a freaking smart helmet, voice assistant, etc. and most importantly, they are doing something that no Auto company has dared to do in India. Given that there are huge auto companies like Bajaj, Honda, Hero, etc., dominating the market, none of them wanted to do something radical, something different. Thatā€™s probably the biggest advantage for Ather as a company. They are helping to make our everyday commute even better in the best way possible.
A similar analogy can be drawn up for Royal Enfield owners who donā€™t buy the vehicle for the low mileage or maintainance costs, but for the quality ride feel you get. Of course, it doesnā€™t have a subscription, but the monthly costs far exceed the current subscription plans.

As for subscriptions, most of us own or have here of Amazon prime and itā€™s dirt cheap. The problem with the current plan is not of people who donā€™t want to buy using the plans, but the actual monthly prices. Itā€™s expensive, and to be fair makes sense, but it reaches a far less audience due to itā€™s high charges. If they can find a sweet spot of the price where they are still making profits on it without loosing too much, the 450X will become the vehicle to go!

4 Likes

First post:

Next post:

You know, this kinda summarizes this entire thread for me. A lot of us are not taking a moment to step back and see that the final product Ather has released as 450X is WAY beyond its times and offers features no bike manufacturer in India (or maybe even the world?) is offering today. A good number of the additional features (as seen in the spec sheet) are not quantifiable easily and therefore we are not adding into our calculations for the ā€˜recommendedā€™ pricing of 450X.

I think for a majority of us on the forum, frankly speaking, the frustration is just misdirected: the anger is not actually about the bike being overpriced for the features offered, but more about it now suddenly being beyond our budget, thatā€™s all. Hard truth, but had to be saidā€¦

11 Likes

You mean range right(if you use it only in the city wouldnā€™t matter actually 450ā€™s range was more than enough for a day) cause the new features added are atleast 2 generations ahead XD @Ather.Team would just be humble and say no :P.

1 Like

Even if they use nasa software and tesla battery what is the use if we dont get any practical benfit from that ? We dont have unrealistic expectation, we exepected one or two practical improvement on new version, is that wrong? Here only 10km range increase, and other 1 second , 2 second performance dont seems to be a big improvement in real world.

6 Likes

True buddy! canā€™t agree more. Just got my Rs 2,500 back today. Are we going to race in Bangaloreā€™s traffic? Which is having worldā€™s worst traffic jam, as per below news.

6 Likes

Also I would like to know What is the exact difference in Plus and Pro in terms of hardware

1 Like

There is only one 450 X scooter. The pro and plus are subscription plans. the scooter gets unlocked on power and riding quality depending on the subscription.

4 Likes

Dear sir once again thank you for this opportunity. there is no question that the ether 450 is one of the best E bikes as of now available in the market we would request you to please clarify your stand on subscriptions for aither 450 x as from the thread by now you guys must have figured it out that there is a lot of negativity regarding the subscription
Also so I request you to kindly give clarification on whether the 450 on its own will it be available for booking.
The subscription model has been one of the biggest disappointment :sob:
Trust me I and most of the Mumbaikarā€™s were waiting for the 450x but I am sorry to say sir it has absolutely shot out of our budgets to buy 1
Also so please let us know what what are the leasing plans available for both the vehicles in Mumbai

1 Like

Also clarify that if we buy plus model without subscription can we upgrade to pro in future?
As its just a software lock.?

FYI if a person can buy 1.2 lac of electric scooter then they can afford 1.6 lac worth of scooter as well. Point is the innovation done like increasing pickup is useful in Indian cities where avg speed during peak hours is around 15kms/hours or worth the price increased for an avg user? Is 10 kms extra range worth the increase in the price or make any much difference for a typical normal user? A normal display replaced with a android tab is much useful or worth the increase in price for a normal user?
Therefore, donā€™t judge others who are paying Ather their hard earned money.

1 Like