Ather 450X Discussions

Dear Ather Ji, Kindly update the delivery status of 450 (booking ID) in Bangalore.

Ather will get back to us with more details. Letā€™s just wait.

Any further information from Ather will take time, probably Q3 2020

Hello all , just a lame thought maybe. Since the 450X is little expensive than 450 its little difficult to convince parents. Is there anyone who is selling the 450 and upgarding to X? Maybe i can think of buying second hand 450. Or maybe we can create a new discussion?

2 Likes

Thereā€™s an update from Tarun on the internal updates thread. Looks like subscription is inclusive of data, public charging and OTAs - not sure if servicing would be included, likely not.

1 Like

Honestly Guys think before you start opening the gateway for payment ā€¦ Alot of people are paying Monthly Emiā€™s and other things which Iā€™m sure they hate alot to keep paying monthly ā€¦ So make sure you guys donā€™t be those subscription brand that people hate paying it will Have a very Negative Effectā€¦

I actually see this point being mentioned often. Anyone who follows Tesla or any company following new-age models would know that this is a standard technique now employed by many companies. The logic is as simple as ā€œyou get what you pay forā€, so I donā€™t see this going away.

Extrapolating this logic to software then, I guess one could say that all features must be made available to Basic / Trial users too since those features exist in the software anywayā€¦

1 Like

@Ather.Team
I have booked my Ather 450 in November 2019 and Ather 450X in Jan 2020
Ather 450x and its subscription is too much expensive and I canā€™t wait till July 2020 without a two wheeler. By that time, I hope many corporate companies will enter into market and we will get better features with cheaper price.
Hence Today I called Ather customercare to cancel both my Ather 450 & 450X order. I was in waiting for 10 minutes to call did not connect with Customer representative. I think high volume of orders are getting cancelled.
When I planned to purchase a 2 wheeler,I thought of going to RoyelEnfield. But as a responsible Indian citizen, I thought of contributing something from my side to country by choosing Electric and it is cost saving for me. Then I decided to go with Electric and support Indian companies. So I choose Ather.
Now with 450X unveil, There is no cost savings with their subscription plans and there is no point of choosing Ather.
Now its time for me to cancel both of my Ather 450 & 450X order and choose some other EV brand or petrol vehicle.

Pls provide quality customer service to customers to cancel pre-booking orders. Thank you so much @Ather.Team

9 Likes

After reading over 1000 posts,
man i was really thinking of upgrading my scooter which is literally only 2 months old 450
now that ather has bought the 450x saying that either pay 99+sub+registration+insurance+rto charges+smart card charges or go with 149 or 159 + registration+insurance+rto charges+smart card charges
i hope they make the upgrade only as
motor+battery upgrade+ console upgrade
and minus the cost of thing which are returned
since literally everything is the same except the front suspension but hey even that can be upgraded
so iā€™ll save
insurance
rto charges
no registration
and no pooja (no offence)
and some gst
it wonā€™t hurt my budget too
think about it
@abhishek.balaji
@Ather.Team

2 Likes

I donā€™'t think this is possible. the wiring harness is different. Though the motor is the same it is repurposed. The handle bar is completely different. The bms is also different i would guess, but that is probably considered when you mention battery.

the harness is BCM controlled i donā€™t think ather upgraded that, so no it should be the same
the handle bar i saw in other reviews that only suspension part got upgraded (stiffer now)
BMS is built in the battery pack not a separate unit

No, as per one of the few reviews I watched, the handle bar is now a tubular one similar to all conventional handle bar styles and all the electronics on the handle bar have been shifted lower into the scooterā€™s body. Thus, the handle feels lighter and handles much better.

Please do note that this was the information shared in one of the reviews I have come across.

1 Like

Anyone having order-id less than 22,000 seeking to cancel order for 450x. Do let me know, my bud wants a 450x

AS every owner knows that Ather 450 is the best & return investment
There are no bad in 450 @ present
If there is any subsidy in budget , I challenge they will not pass on the benefit to end customers , so waiting is not good at all

Here ATHER IS just panicked

• SO ALL THIS IS DONE IN HURRY & GAINING THE IMPRESSIVE RESPONSE & ADVANTAGE IT GOT FROM ATHER 450

I cancelled my 450X and waiting for 450 delivery

3 Likes

Why are you cancelling without knowing complete facts? Lets wait for few weeks and then decide. Whatā€™s the hurry?

2 Likes

It seems that few owners of 450 are trying to justify because they are underdog n all and ather isnā€™t trying to loot and itā€™s free market because they fear ather might change their subscriptions too and merge them into plus and pro plans and if they do, the same people who paid 8000 for all the services will now end up paying 72000 for next 4 yrs. letā€™s see how ather clarifies or rather justifies. This is nothing but mix of confused strategies they thought they will co create tesla. Netflix etc all in one and ā€¦

1 Like

This could happen with 450x also, 2k per month might become 2.5k in futureā€¦

How did you arrive at that conclusion? Has Ather not passed on the GST benefits? Did they not pass on the FAME2 benefits? Ather has more to gain with additional subsidy since it will bring down the price.

4 Likes

Sumsang? Seriouslyā€¦ n i donā€™t want to bother detaling the problems with this analogy considering Android is used in the Ather.