Ather 450X Discussions

Wait for a week as they are having a lot of backlash due to the pricing they might fix it.
If you’re not ok with even after that then cancel it.

1 Like

Now there are more options in market

Well it’s a startup so a weeks time might pay it off.
Be hopeful :sweat_smile:

Those of who were thinking of upgrading from 450 to 450x needs to wait longer as they are tweaking pricing for new buyers. My question is so when should i take call on upgrade if they don’t have any information regarding pricing for us who already have 450 ? Customer care are clues less regarding this as they told they are 1st considering pricing for new buyers then existing customer’s.

To be honest, I am pretty happy with 450.
I have just 1 concern and that is connectivity. Even if Ather provides upgrade for 450’s dash with just bluetooth and 4G options, I will be happy enough to continue.
For my usage pattern, both upfront purchase or subscription option will be expensive. I would rather keep 450 for my wife and go for a BS6 ICE motorcycle.

6 Likes

Ather, you can make your profit either by following the Iphone model or the Xiaomi model. Your recent pricing strategy seems to resemble the former and sure, it is a good strategy if you were operating out of the US. But to succeed in India, the product will need to be affordable to the masses and you seem to have shot yourself in the foot with the 450X launch! Only die hard fans of Ather would prefer the expensive product and that wont last for long. You were the underdog in the industry and everyone loves to see them succeed. Allow us to help you succeed by paying heed to the feedback from us and revise your pricing strategy!

8 Likes

If they dont have capacity to deliver in time why they open for booking. They have to take order to there capacity. Taking orders for thousands and deliver only few hundreds is not good. I am waiting from last five months.

3 Likes

I booked 450 on 8th December, 2019.
Delivery schedule Jan-Feb 2020…

Baraththa, baralva is the question now.

3 Likes

I bought this for my daughter, and she loves it. So if push comes to shove, and I am forced to look at it then even if ather convert this connected scooter to a dumb scooter if Vodafone collapse, I am okay

We paid 1.13 we got the 450 before the Chetak and a dumb ather 450 is still better in my opinion, we have it now and and don’t have to wait for delivery. I look forward to keeping it for at least 3 years. So that works out to around 3k per month

The alternative is that she would spend around 5k pm to commute by auto what is more she saves around an hour a day in commute time

7 Likes

Everyone looking to cancel, my recommendation is to wait for the budget to roll out. I hear from some users that there won’t be any new subsidies, but it doesn’t hurt to wait a few more weeks

4 Likes

So, looting customers is the solution?

Creating trust among people may take many years, but to destroy it such a foolish launch is enough

@Ather.Team

4 Likes

Baralla ennu 4 months wait madbeku

I booked it in September Not yet come…its almost 5 months

2 Likes

Greetings from Ather!

We are going to starting the deliveries of the Ather 450X from the third quarter of 2020 ( July 2020) onwards. This timeline may change depending on how fast our manufacturing facility is set up in Hosur Tamil Nadu.

Regards

Akhil K

I know it will only be delivered in jan 2021…after one year. I booked 450 five months back but still not got delivered? And there will be no replay from customer care also. There is no update of up to which number 450 is delivered. Factory cont be started in a month it require minimum 1 to 1.6 years

3 Likes

Ather is going to update the dashboard to 4g to all existing customer. After they sort out the pricing they might announce the timeline for the upgrade.

That’s mandatory as 3G is almost dying

I’ve put the pricing through a different lens. Not trying to get into debates or arguments with anyone here. Just the way I look at pricing. Open to hear your thoughts on this. Not open to discussions if your arguments are going to start with Ather is trying to loot you.

It’s a free market. You can choose to buy the vehicle or choose not to.

9 Likes

Adding few more points to the cancel list

1. Overpriced
  2. Range is not great
  3. Lack of ABS, USB charging point etc… list will go on
  4. Unresolved issues of 450 reported in forum and carried in 450x
  5. Only gray color is improvement
  6. Costly/terrible subscription plans.
  7. Of course delivery time Q3
  8. Deliberately restricting the range and features in 450x Plus model for few extra bucks. Remember there is no hardware difference between Plus & Pro models, Its the same 450x bike you will get, it is just software restrictions that are imposed on the bike to get extra money from the customer. Means there is no extra hardware costs, its just a marketing jimmick.
  9. No information about the cancellation policy after 4 years. whether customer should pay more for getting out of the subscriptions.
  10. They say in the event that people should not pay extra and EV bike saves a lot of money and more value for money, but they are placing the extra subscriptions and letting their customers pay more money, in fact Ather 450x customers will pay more money annually than ICE bikes.
6 Likes

Let’s just take a step back. People are free to cancel this and wait for TVS/Chetak/Hero et all to launch and deliver their bikes.

I personally will not buy the 450x if I am not satisfied with the end product, but I am not going to diss the company just because they wouldn’t manufacture a bike at the price point I wanted.

Ather is not an assembly company. They’ve spent a huge amount of time and resources to reach this point. I think that deserves due recognition.

PS: I speaking as an owner and not a mod.

9 Likes

I guess if you pay only 99K and get the 450x scooter, It will say “Your subscription is not active please purchase Ather Pro or Ather Plus in order to start the bike:laughing:
Bad joke.

in reality, I think they wont allow the customer to purchase only with the 99K upfront amout, You have to choose the plans (Plus or Pro) compulsorily.

4 Likes