Ather 450X Discussions

The tyres for me looks to be similar

How many of collectors edition are you targeting…

1 Like

Looks like Back Foot Rest is a miss again

they really added the colors
looks like dark grey rather then Matt black since of poor lighting
Mirrors? seriously Ather looks the same? its already useless when you really can’t see your blind spot and everything else
tires looks like 12" only not bigger the brand has changed because of different pattern
looks like they have added footrest I can neither confirm nor deny this
if this is lambo grey with yellow ather logo then it’s awesome combo
Still no dark mode? the screen looks white back light
Still bend stems on tires ? why not use straight one which are found on TVS Jupiter’s rims

1 Like

You should join R&AW!

2 Likes

New ather450x might get ABS and some more output and new colors, other things will remain the same with premium price tag over 10 to 15k

Honestly :expressionless:

18-65 vs 21-70,
the height difference is just 5 mm.

Apart from that 2170 or 1865, it’s just the increase in density, more capacity in less space,
still the price / kWh of Li-Ion is quite similar.

If at all there is a battery upgrade, it might be just slightly increased from 2.4 kWh to 4 kWh (nominal), anything more than that will increase price beyond 1.5 L +, which will not be competitive with upcoming bikes like Ultraviolette F77 etc… as this is still scooter and not the Bike type.

But still one part of me loves to see a large 4 to 5 kWh battery pack, which would roughly double the Ather 450 range :smiley:
So, people have option to choose 450 or the more premium 450X : )

1 Like

Ather uses about 252 cells inside mostly 14s18p, 14 in series so that itself changes the pack length by 42mm and then you have 18 in parallel so that will increase the pack width by 54mm( which is 2 inches) more. So unless they alter the pack external dimensions, I don’t see that happening.

6 Likes

You have to consider the number of cells will probably change.
The industry is moving away from 18650, so it will make sourcing easier if they change.
Quick math lends to 12x15 array with changes only too height of the pack.

While we are speculating. Ather team is probably smiling at the interest shown. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

14 cells in series will not change because doing so means they will have to change all the dc charging stations and home chargers with dc out. So all of their products will have 14 cells in series, only the number of parallel packs will chnage.

1 Like

Makes sense

2 Likes

Hey,
I just pre-ordered 450X
I got my confirmation mail & invitation code.
My order is being showed in my dashboard as well but why is it not showing up in my profile like " Pre-ordered the 450x" ??
It’s not shown when i make posts in forums & i find there’s no X mark in DP as well.
Anything wrong ?? Am i missing something??

It should be given to you automatically within a couple hours.

Why forum has become blue blue from green green ? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes…I was also about to ask the same :smiley:

I think they have fixed some bugs… Blue is good. The count of unread topics/comments were not correct before. The Footer count and the count in the Hambuger menu were not matching. Now it is fixed. Thanks @Ather.Team

2 Likes

That’s some good news!!

8 Likes

Does this mean they are moving to Jio from Vodafone? I’m not too sure about Jio in my area, but I guess it would be much better than Vodafone, which is non-existent :grin: .

1 Like

I am also facing same problem I pre ordered 450x on 8/01/2020…

2 Likes

Yeah Jio seems to be the next connectivity partner I hope it elevates the navigation experience on the 450x with 4G . Also with dashboard probably running on Android as teased we may see more features dropping by faster…

2 Likes