Ather 450X Discussions

Yeah Jio seems to be the next connectivity partner I hope it elevates the navigation experience on the 450x with 4G . Also with dashboard probably running on Android as teased we may see more features dropping by faster…

2 Likes

What?? Pre-ordered on 8th and still haven’t reflected in your profile ?? What’s happening @Ather.Team ??
Can you guys pls explain what’s happening ??

2 Likes

I wonder how much order did Ather got so far? How they are going to manage deliveries in 4 cities, atleast considering their bad reputation in delivering the vehicle lately in past

1 Like

Okey so i contacted the team and this is what they said.

Looks like they’re busy with the unveil event. Anyway our orders are safe. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Taking my order ID into account I’m sure it’s more than 7000 orders already
I’ve seen people sharing order ID starting from 20,000
Now it have exceeded 27,000 so yeah.
And I’m from from a city coming under upcoming cities section, so i guess it’s gonna be a looooong wait. :neutral_face:

My city is not in upcoming cities but ordered received…what they will do? I should cancel it in future or wait?

Just now I got tag pre ordered the 450x…but my city is not in upcoming cities? What next?

If not too far from a serviceable point, you can ask the team right now to help with this. Or… W… A… I… T…

rather than giving a 4g PHYSICAL Sim or whatever G sim… It would be a greater Idea to Provide a “e-sim” where it i my option to shift from airtel / jio / vodafone-idea.

Ather has a M2M SIM and since it is an automotive application it will be in the MFF2 form factor (6mm X 5mm X 0.9mm) which is an e-sim. AFAIK in such applications there is no option for individual users to choose the service provider.

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji and EVERYBODY from @TEAMATHER How Does Ather Decide on Giving Ather 450x to Pre ordered Customers.As There are Many People who Are in que for the same reason . And Which one gets The Products and after how many days is the question . that arises quite few of the pre-ordered minds. please help us with the hint.

1 Like

We’ll let you know all the details once you launch. Just a few more days to go!

1 Like

What do you mean? The VA? Wouldn’'t BMS take care of it?

Usual struct of the bms (like the ones I’ve seen in laptops) take multiples of 4.2V as input. So charging can take place by voltage division tricks, avoiding a requirement for more complex circuitry (trust me, it’s complex). So if you change from 14s config, you’ll have to do hacks to make everything compatible.

A bms would just make sure all batteries are charged equally and protect cells from overcharging or going below the lowest voltage.

Correct! Bms tries to extend life. We can do our part by keeping the pack in the safe zone.

1 Like

OOPS my bad, i meant the charger onboard.

There’s only a very slight distinction between the bms and the onboard charger. It depends on how (modular) it has been designed.

Please share what features, specifications, Colors you would like to SEE any added features to incorporate.

1 Like

I think 450x having HAND BRAKE
useful

• in traffic signal inclined roads,
  • safety for children’s
  • safe for ours while forgotten the ather on road…
6 Likes