Ather 450X Discussions

Baralla ennu 4 months wait madbeku

I booked it in September Not yet come…its almost 5 months

2 Likes

Greetings from Ather!

We are going to starting the deliveries of the Ather 450X from the third quarter of 2020 ( July 2020) onwards. This timeline may change depending on how fast our manufacturing facility is set up in Hosur Tamil Nadu.

Regards

Akhil K

I know it will only be delivered in jan 2021…after one year. I booked 450 five months back but still not got delivered? And there will be no replay from customer care also. There is no update of up to which number 450 is delivered. Factory cont be started in a month it require minimum 1 to 1.6 years

3 Likes

Ather is going to update the dashboard to 4g to all existing customer. After they sort out the pricing they might announce the timeline for the upgrade.

That’s mandatory as 3G is almost dying

I’ve put the pricing through a different lens. Not trying to get into debates or arguments with anyone here. Just the way I look at pricing. Open to hear your thoughts on this. Not open to discussions if your arguments are going to start with Ather is trying to loot you.

It’s a free market. You can choose to buy the vehicle or choose not to.

9 Likes

Adding few more points to the cancel list

1. Overpriced
  2. Range is not great
  3. Lack of ABS, USB charging point etc… list will go on
  4. Unresolved issues of 450 reported in forum and carried in 450x
  5. Only gray color is improvement
  6. Costly/terrible subscription plans.
  7. Of course delivery time Q3
  8. Deliberately restricting the range and features in 450x Plus model for few extra bucks. Remember there is no hardware difference between Plus & Pro models, Its the same 450x bike you will get, it is just software restrictions that are imposed on the bike to get extra money from the customer. Means there is no extra hardware costs, its just a marketing jimmick.
  9. No information about the cancellation policy after 4 years. whether customer should pay more for getting out of the subscriptions.
  10. They say in the event that people should not pay extra and EV bike saves a lot of money and more value for money, but they are placing the extra subscriptions and letting their customers pay more money, in fact Ather 450x customers will pay more money annually than ICE bikes.
6 Likes

Let’s just take a step back. People are free to cancel this and wait for TVS/Chetak/Hero et all to launch and deliver their bikes.

I personally will not buy the 450x if I am not satisfied with the end product, but I am not going to diss the company just because they wouldn’t manufacture a bike at the price point I wanted.

Ather is not an assembly company. They’ve spent a huge amount of time and resources to reach this point. I think that deserves due recognition.

PS: I speaking as an owner and not a mod.

9 Likes

I guess if you pay only 99K and get the 450x scooter, It will say “Your subscription is not active please purchase Ather Pro or Ather Plus in order to start the bike:laughing:
Bad joke.

in reality, I think they wont allow the customer to purchase only with the 99K upfront amout, You have to choose the plans (Plus or Pro) compulsorily.

4 Likes

Dear Ather Ji, Kindly update the delivery status of 450 (booking ID) in Bangalore.

Ather will get back to us with more details. Let’s just wait.

Any further information from Ather will take time, probably Q3 2020

Hello all , just a lame thought maybe. Since the 450X is little expensive than 450 its little difficult to convince parents. Is there anyone who is selling the 450 and upgarding to X? Maybe i can think of buying second hand 450. Or maybe we can create a new discussion?

2 Likes

There’s an update from Tarun on the internal updates thread. Looks like subscription is inclusive of data, public charging and OTAs - not sure if servicing would be included, likely not.

1 Like

Honestly Guys think before you start opening the gateway for payment … Alot of people are paying Monthly Emi’s and other things which I’m sure they hate alot to keep paying monthly … So make sure you guys don’t be those subscription brand that people hate paying it will Have a very Negative Effect…

I actually see this point being mentioned often. Anyone who follows Tesla or any company following new-age models would know that this is a standard technique now employed by many companies. The logic is as simple as “you get what you pay for”, so I don’t see this going away.

Extrapolating this logic to software then, I guess one could say that all features must be made available to Basic / Trial users too since those features exist in the software anyway…

1 Like

@Ather.Team
I have booked my Ather 450 in November 2019 and Ather 450X in Jan 2020
Ather 450x and its subscription is too much expensive and I can’t wait till July 2020 without a two wheeler. By that time, I hope many corporate companies will enter into market and we will get better features with cheaper price.
Hence Today I called Ather customercare to cancel both my Ather 450 & 450X order. I was in waiting for 10 minutes to call did not connect with Customer representative. I think high volume of orders are getting cancelled.
When I planned to purchase a 2 wheeler,I thought of going to RoyelEnfield. But as a responsible Indian citizen, I thought of contributing something from my side to country by choosing Electric and it is cost saving for me. Then I decided to go with Electric and support Indian companies. So I choose Ather.
Now with 450X unveil, There is no cost savings with their subscription plans and there is no point of choosing Ather.
Now its time for me to cancel both of my Ather 450 & 450X order and choose some other EV brand or petrol vehicle.

Pls provide quality customer service to customers to cancel pre-booking orders. Thank you so much @Ather.Team

9 Likes

After reading over 1000 posts,
man i was really thinking of upgrading my scooter which is literally only 2 months old 450
now that ather has bought the 450x saying that either pay 99+sub+registration+insurance+rto charges+smart card charges or go with 149 or 159 + registration+insurance+rto charges+smart card charges
i hope they make the upgrade only as
motor+battery upgrade+ console upgrade
and minus the cost of thing which are returned
since literally everything is the same except the front suspension but hey even that can be upgraded
so i’ll save
insurance
rto charges
no registration
and no pooja (no offence)
and some gst
it won’t hurt my budget too
think about it
@abhishek.balaji
@Ather.Team

2 Likes

I don’'t think this is possible. the wiring harness is different. Though the motor is the same it is repurposed. The handle bar is completely different. The bms is also different i would guess, but that is probably considered when you mention battery.

the harness is BCM controlled i don’t think ather upgraded that, so no it should be the same
the handle bar i saw in other reviews that only suspension part got upgraded (stiffer now)
BMS is built in the battery pack not a separate unit