Ather 450X Dashboard and Software - User experiences, Reviews

When we search for Ather Grids near using the navigation in the dashboard it shows a list of grid points which are from Bengaluru and other towns whereas the vehicle is in chennai. It was difficult to find out the nearest Grid point until I actually knew the location to specifically search for it… If the available Grid points are sorted on the basis of distance from the vehicle location, it would be convenient to find out the nearest one… Also display of Grid points in Bengaluru also doesn’t make any sense when the vehicle location is chennai… The available Grid points are also show only as a list, instead if they are shown as points in the maps it will me more convenient to choose the right Grid point on your commute…

9 Likes

This might be the issue because someone else with android 11 also reported the same crashing issue.

Hi,

This feature is available in the app. I guess you can search from app and send it to your scooter.

Is there still no Bluetooth connectivity?

Coming with an OTA update. Check out Abhishek’s post in the internal updates thread.

Reposting this here in case someone missed the announcement: Internal updates - Ather 450X & 450 Plus

I have navigation also in my mobile… But the point is to use the dashboard only for navigation… Suppose your friend is using the vehicle and doesn’t have the app installed??

1 Like

Just wanted to add a point to this.

Someone may say we can push the location from app to vehicle. Yes but always we should be available to send the location that might not be possible all the time our friend/family someone is using vehicle and we are in middle of a meeting need a charge then?

So the point of showing nearest locations of charge first in dashboard is pretty much required and also it should show locations of that particular city.

Now when I open dashboard maps and select charging point option it shows few in Bangalore not necessarily be nearest, then some from chennai then again Bangalore.

Why show chennai/Hyderabad locations in dashboard map for a person in Bangalore. He will not go there to charge right.

7 Likes

Is this addressed by chance? I have a problem with Jio’s network

Yes, known issue with Android 11, we’re working on fixing this through an app update. Don’t have an exact timeline yet, will share when we have some clarity on this.

If it’s a known issue why would you even release it and make customer suffer. I am not able to check charging status, ride statistics, push navigation.

You could have given a note saying that the build is unstable with Android 11. So I could have not updated. Now I am stuck in the middle.

1 Like

By known issue I mean we got to know of the bug after it was released. We’d ofc not release the same version if it crashes on devices. We’re working on getting this resolved asap, will share an update here when we have some clear timelines.

I have an issue with ather mobile app opening in my mobile onepluse 8 pro please fix it

After the recent update of my 450x… The screen flashes when I’m using maps and going at speeds above 40 or 50… And it stops flashing below 40 Anybody else facing this issue? Is it due to connectivity?

I’ve faced so many issues in the last month post delivery that I’m sitting here scratching my head on the fact that I just bought another android based computer and not a vehicle. I may be a teenage adult but I do know that things are first thoroughly tested before release and that customers are not Guinea pigs. My 450x’s dashboard is basically broken after the latest anti theft ota where google maps decides to open itself and sit off , the turn indicators decide to cut off on their own whim. Half the grid chargers don’t support the 450x. I mean they’re converting them to paid use by March which is ridiculous. I had to take in my bike to ather yesterday and after having a look at it they determined that the software is buggy and that I’d have to wait for an ota to fix things ! Wow so much for paying a premium price and a bunch of extras for features that don’t work properly.

5 Likes

My screen is stuck in maps when I start moving , it’s just grey , refuses to go back to the speedo. All I was told is that it’s a bug thanks to the new update!

4 Likes

I understand the pain. But this is their first attempt at Android so we have no option but to wait

1 Like

Let’s hope they patch it soon .

1 Like

Even I am facing the same issue of “some data could not be found” . I have bought the pro plan for complete year. What data is missing?

2 Likes

This statistics with data missing is fixed in the OTA update. Some users who registered got an early access of that for testing purpose I am one of them and hence can confirm you that. A stable version is going to be released for all in about a few days. So all I can say for now is that its been already taken care of and fixed.

Also for those who took the connect plans and missing the features due to software bugs will be compensated for the period until which the stable OTA is not released (Announced by Ather in one of the other threads). So they are trying to fix the loss which we are actually facing due to issues.

Here is the link of that announcement

Also just in case if you have missed I recommend to look into all the post in Ather 450x category under issues and support where many who are facing similar and also other issues posted their views and experiences . Some posts can solve the issue which you might be facing or may face, some can help you know the actual reason for certain issues.