Ather 450x clue hunting

Does this mean more range? I think so.

2 Likes

I don’t see anything related to range. But I can see that it’s speed is doubled over the s450. They might also be teasing the upgradability option for current 450 owners.

2 Likes

Yes, now that i have watched it again, looks like increased top speed and upgrade for existing 450 owners.

2 Likes

range may be 1.5x-2x, battery gets full just when it was half, definitely more speed but there was not clue in teaser for speed, how much more compared to 450.

1 Like

1 Like

I’m seriously not a big fan of keyless bikes. But should see, might change in future.

2 Likes

This clue is from Road Rage!!
So, some power boost system to instantly increase power when needed??
Or is Ludicrous mode in the offing??!!

3 Likes

The teaser hints quick replenishment of charge through a cheat code. Maybe replaceable battery? or faster charging?

3 Likes

Ya that will be a good option

1 Like

Ather 450x Collector’s Edition And Ather 450x

3 Likes

It’s not matte black, it is awesome dark.

First spy pic of ATHER450X

1. New color-Matt Black

2. New 450x badging

Same as 450 ;
7inch touch screen dashboard, Petal Disk Brakes, Monoshock supension at rear, Ather badge at side etc

Pic credit : indianautosblog
Source: https://indianautosblog.com/exclusive-ather-450x-spied-launch-p319500#lg=1&slide=1

1 Like

Guys any guess on the price? I’m thinking that 450X would be proved around 1.5L to 1.6L ex-showroom Bengaluru. What are your thoughts on the price?

1 Like

Wider tyres?

Google ad -> Features of #450X :thinking:

If they are targeting larger volumes, they should price it same as the current Ather 450.

Reasons:

1. Ather will be discontinuing 450 after 450x introduction. So, if they price it higher then they will be leaving the entire Rs 1 lakh EV scooter market to Chetak.

2. Rs 1.5 lakh for a commuter scooter (EV or not) is not worth it. It will be very niche and you will see many cancellations if thats true.

3. The improvements that Ather suggesting are minor in cost wise for Ather. Even design seems to be same.

4 Likes

Design seems to be the same

Yeah, I completely agree with your point here.

What I meant by my prediction was, the current Ather 450 is priced at 1.33L ex-showroom. If they are claiming up on performance, then definitely there be an upgrade to the battery capacity. So the fame subsidy comes in and 450X would be like costlier than 450 by around approx 10k or within.

1 Like