Ather 450x clue hunting

An Educated guess of 450X Specs 4KW motor, 50Ah battery and Nominal Voltage 60V, removing onboard charger for reducing weight, running on Android Auto.

Swapping out the battery pack and upgrading the display is all it takes!

yeah. that’s what my guess is…the frame is probably designed for next 2-3 upgrades Y & Z :wink:

As teased in the previous video
21%20AM

4 Likes

This is from the last teaser video. It says 52km perhaps wrt 80% of battery. If the 450X has 3 modes like the 450 and assuming this screenshot is wrt sports mode, then prediction

Eco 85km
Ride 75km
Sports 65km

If this screenshot relates to an additional power mode on the 450x then perhaps we can expect the Eco mode to go upto around say 95km.

Seems like the increase in range will be 20-30 kms. Worst case scenario +10 kms

1 Like

Have they discussed the delivery timelines? How long will we have to wait for the ones who have already preordered?

Deliveries are expected to begin in July, pan-India

July? too far

Waiting to see how the Collector’s edition will look as well :slightly_smiling_face:

Also any news about the upgrade plans for 450 owners?

Hi Abhishek,

Can you pls throw some inputs on accessories ?

how is the warranty infinite ? at 1:01:15 time in the unveil…

If you buy the scooter through the subscription plan, i.e., you pay a price of 99,000 upfront and 1,699/1,999 every month and then you have unlimited warranty on the battery.

This warranty is violated if you choose the pay the entire price at once would set you back by 149k/150k for the Plus and Pro respectively.

I am little disappointed, few points:

1. I am satisfied with 450 performance so now with 450x plus (replacing 450) ex showroom price goes way high 1.49 lacs.

2. Unlimited warranty for 1700 or 2k per month 20k or 24k yearly is again very high… considering not everyone will be travelling higher number of kms. Also can anyone tell me the cost of battery replacement right now?

3. Again I booked ather for overall ride experience and cost effective ride that electric scooter offers everytime I plan to go out. But subscription plan takes that away.
    I think if they really want to operate on subscription plan they should consider the kms scooter ran in that month, if lesser kms then they should offer cashback to the user, kind of pay as you drive.

4. They also promised consistent performance for over the years, I am not sure what would the range they will consider in that actual 85 km or the certified range. As they already know the actual range is below what ather is offering as per the customers have claimed.

All in all I love the scooter but the price is a let down. I would still prefer the 450 over 450x.

I would prefer the classic model for purchase of ather as i have good faith in the product quality and also batteries these days are quite developed…that is why Tata, mg and hyundai are offering 8 yrs of warranty on the launched vehicles.

Let me know if my understanding is correct or not. Looking for others comment as well.

1 Like

I agree with everything except this as you’re comparing 2 wheelers to 4. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

:smiley: but I was hoping auto batteries would be designed with similar RND.

oh is it? Then how many years of warranty you get when you buy for 149k or 159k? @abhishek.balaji

Yes but there is a lot to consider
Power usage
Regen
Battery capacity
And load

The standard 3 years

ok but the subscription will work forever right? and is charging free on grids?

The charging is not free, you’ll need Ather one(renewed yearly) plan for that.
This yearly plan is required even for the infinity battery subscription plan.