Ather 450 Apex

What do you all expect in this new overhaul ? From the Twitter and Instagram post looks like it is gonna be faster, but how fast ? Anything else apart from performance that could be new ? Is this the family scooter they have been teasing ?

Either ways, I’m excited and can’t wait to see it. I really hope they do another Community Day for this !

1 Like

Ather 450 apex.

This is the new flagship?

Damn. Just when I was about to get the 450s. Gonna hold until a few months.

Let’s see what Ather has in the bag

3 Likes

Hope they get better range model n provide upgrade program

4 Likes

One thing I’ll say is if u get this u won’t be given this to anyone one

1 Like

I just hope it is an actual refresh and not just old wine in new bottle trick

3 Likes

Expecting better performance(top speed and acceleration) and breaking. Peak 450 performance before they bring in a new platform. :face_in_clouds:

1 Like

I think there is no design change, it is obvious from the teaser video.

Have a look at this

1 Like

110 kmph top speed. 4.8kw battery. 180km true range. ABS Breaking system. Linux based Ather stack fully optimised.

My guess. :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Ur right but there is a slight change so yea

3 Likes

Range is very tricky to achieve on the same platform unless they add to the structure. Reminds me of the TVS X mid section. Performance for sure from the video Hope they make it backward compatible🤞 Will wait patiently for Solid State batteries

lol really doubt they’ll make it backward compatible. Infact I’m ready to bet my scooty they won’t make it backward compatible

Ather never makes anything that would be backwards compatible. Even though slight changes in the motor to fine tuning it to 6.4 kWh, its still the same motor only the controller is changed everytime.

The only major changes came was when they introduced a bigger battery pack and the entire scooter remained the same. Well that became gen 3, and added many colours that became gen 3.1. But adding the joystick on the front handle and with a bigger batter pack 3.7kWh, it became gen 4.

Now with so many changes all the previous gen owners are left out. Why would they make small small changes and keep on changing the generation number. They could have came up with one major changes including all the changes and give it 1 number. So that people buying the scooter aren’t keep on feeling that they just have bought the scooter and now its changed.

18 Likes

As much as we all feel the same, I strongly think this is how to tech world works in general. To stay in business, any brand needs to put themselves out there but R&D is time consuming, which in turn slows down the product’s generation growth. In the recent times even smartphones have also saturated in terms of what they have to offer in comparison to their latest iteration. For example, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and S23 Ultra in the same colour just looks like the identical phone.

I have seen the upcoming Apex and ridden it too. And I can confirm it comes with good things. Whether they are upgrades/downgrades or about backward compatibility, let us all wait and watch.

5 Likes

They can increase performance but how can they increase battery capacity without any changes to dimensions to fit larger battery but 450 apex looks identical to existing 450x. I know little cosmetic changes are there but still hoping for larger battery capacity to increase range.

1 Like

Oh! I agree It just hit me that they increased their true range by 5km with the latest gen but that’s nothing if we account for the sneaky idle battery drain

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

3 Likes

150kms IDC , 125 may be true range 111kms IDC

2 variants will be available,

I wont be surprised if they don’t change anything in the battery pack, just unlock the reserved hidden capacity of the current pack…

4 Likes

450s Series 2… interesting name🚀

Boot

Seems like it could be a frosted/matte finish plastic.

Okay this might be too much but maybe ambient lights?:face_holding_back_tears:

4 Likes

There’s apparently a warp plus mode. And the pulley radius is bigger so better torque. And the sports range should be 85km. In the trailer they just released there’s someone with 23% charge on sport and is has 20km left… and it apparently has single peddle driving… the regen when throttle is twisted in the opposite direction is stronger so u can substitute the breaks with the regen… which makes me think that now since they already have coasting regen… they could afford to make the twisty regen stronger and a brake substitute… and of course transparent panels

4 Likes