Ather 450 and 340 Technical Discussion

@ Shreyas

1. clarity on costing of the battery , indication will this happen before pre delivery

2. lot of upgrades n modification talks going on
    What are the things will be missed out for early adapter’s.
    Which and all batch on wards improvisation or add ons will be done.

Tia

1 Like

As I heard that the bike makes lot of noise while riding. Do the noise(due to cooling fan) will increase, if the weather become very hot?

1 Like

It’s not a lot of noise, it’s just a fan noise almost equivalent to a typical home power inverter fan noise. It’s far far lower than the conventional Internal Combustion Engines (ICE) noise.

1 Like
  1. The battery cost is being worked out. Will post an update as soon as I have one. I’m sorry I don’t have it yet.

2. All modifications or upgrades that are being talked about are a possibility for future versions. We have not started working on any of those changes yet. No clarity on when they will be introduced yet. Please don’t worry about missing out on anything.

However, all the software related updates and features will come to all owners, given OTA update capability is there in the vehicles produced from day one.

Adding to this, the fan’s audible sound will not increase in intensity during hotter weather. What might increase marginally is the time duration it takes for the motor to cool down during hotter days. Just as it is the case with any heat exchanging setup.

1 Like

As I came to know that the bike has it own sim card for internet connection. So who will pay for the monthly sim card usage charges?

Ather as part of the AtherOne plan

1 Like

Can we set speed limit…??

There is no option to set speed limit today. Putting the vehicle in Eco-mode caps the speed. However, eco-mode can be engaged/disengaged by the rider, unless the battery is critically low, when it goes into a forced eco-mode.

1 Like

sorry we didn’t get any response for this ? or did i miss anything, to rephrase : 1: overall what are the security features planned for Production bikes 2: I heard that the headlight luminosity has been improved after the feedback from test-rides , thats awesome :slight_smile: but what is the wattage of the bulb used in headlight.

Have another question on the Atherone subscription : so i understand that we will be getting the cash back for the usage of power ( when charged at home. ) how is the the cash back being calculated , since the power usage and charged based on the certain slabs by BESCOM and i reach the higher slabs by normal home usage and adding to this i change my vehicle. How is this planned ?

1 Like

I’m posting an earlier response given by Ather Team here for your answer.

@anandnachaya
Charging reimbursement is based on actual units consumed by the vehicle on charging (this is measured by the vehicle). Based on units consumed, we’ll reimburse @ 6.50 Rs per unit which is the average tariff for Bangalore.”

Like you mentioned, most of the people who are buying the vehicle will fall in the higher slabs. Ather has not mentioned officially about the reimbursement charges yet. If the above reply is true that will be another reason, why I would not be opting for Ather One subscription.

I’m hoping Ather team will respond to these concerns positively.

2 Likes

Hi Ather Team,
I read a lot about the side stand and believe me when I say the idea of not having a center stand was really great. I have only one concern as I understand the tyres are similar to other two wheelers so when you have a flat tyre and go to puncture shop would it not be a problem to remove one of the tyre and keep the scooter standing.

3 Likes

That’s a valid point. Initially I also felt, there was no need for center stand. But, in fixing the flat tyres or performing any maintenance, one would need. Paddock stand can be used to resolve this issue. But, comes at a certain cost.

1 Like

Hi,

I loved the parking mode option in the scooter for easy movement of scooter at 4kmph in forward and reverse motion.

Can Ather look into introducing campus mode where scooter is restricted to 16kmph (10 Miles per hour) inside campuses where it is mandatory for riders/drivers to ride/drive their vehicle at 16kmph speed limit?!

In addition, this mode may also help learners during their learning.

2 Likes
  1. Park Assist is only reverse direction speed limited to 3kmph. Forward speed is not limited.
  2. What you are wishing for is almost a cruise control!
    Although it would be wonderful to have, I don’t think we will get it anytime soon.
1 Like

@hemanth.anand and @magneta,

That’s a great suggestion. 16 might be a bit too low maybe, but having a user lockable speed limit might be handy for many cases. We had considered it earlier, but it did not find a lot of takers internally :sweat_smile: Will pitch it to be added. Might take a while before it comes in, but should be doable with an OTA update.

Park assist is limited in the forward mode too, however to a higher speed than the reverse. Ideally, it’s not meant to be ridden around in.

Cruise control cannot serve the purpose, the intent is entirely different. First, it’s not advisable to have cruise control at campus speeds. Second, it cannot be replaced for a speed limiter but is used for constant speed riding/driving.

Cruise control is a great feature, and can easily be built into electric vehicles, but I’m not sure it’s advisable to be used in an urban vehicle. Especially without the vehicle being traffic aware or having a radar-based adaptive cruise control.

3 Likes

Completely agree with you on this one. While paddock stand becomes necessary without a side-stand and comes at a certain cost, one stand can serve multiple vehicles. Off-setting the costs dramatically.

If I were to give you an example, at Ather, we have a few paddock stands, however, their number is a small factor of the total number of prototype and pre-production vehicles. Had there been a center stand, there would’ve been at least an equal number of those as the number of vehicles.

A user need not ever buy a paddock stand, and most tyre shops/service shops have it with them.

Not having a center stand helps reduce weight, improves efficiency, and gives more freedom with design.

2 Likes

Yes, nice to see if at least ‘campus mode’ comes during an OTA. This will be useful.

1 Like

Further, what is the speed limit for forward direction in parking mode? Is it greater than 10kmph?!

1 Like

logging in after getting your mail today. Surprised that the ALS thing came so far :smiley:

1 Like