Ask an Ather Owner!

no, Headstock is the upper portion of the handlebar, while the coneset is like a bearing between the frame and them - the upper handlebar and T-bar. Both are usually connected with bolt nuts, and it’s highly unlikely the bolt comes loose.

1 Like

When the scooter is charging in the service center it doesnt need to be turned off, it charges in key on position. It should be in warp mode and the kill switch should be engaged thats it, it will be charging at high speed

In app also it doesn’t show charging

What type of charging is this :woozy_face:

1 Like

:flushed::flushed::flushed: new discovery! or maybe a special charger?

here in Okhla, Delhi they simply use your portable charger lol

open board of fast charger, just like mine, it will not turn on the screen nor the app will show the scooter is charging. All service centres charge the scooter this way only.

PS: I have edited the broken link

1 Like

Anybody having a smart plug can you please check whether the optimized charging to 80% is cutting off the current or does it still trickle charges after 80% because everytime i leave it at 80% and if i remove the charger after some 2-3 hours it would show 82%. We can’t let the current flow all the time, if it stops at 80% the current flow should also stop, so if a device or a smart plug will show the value, so anyone can confirm this?

Also when i charge at Ather grid to say 70% and remove the charger and turn off the key and if i turn it on after 2-3 hours the % would be increased to 71 or 72% sometimes it even increases by 4%, even if i drive immediately after removing the charger for just 0.4 or 0.8km and park it and after 2-3 hours if i see the charge would be increased. Don’t know what Ather’s BMS is doing here :man_facepalming:t2:.

When Gen 2 was launched Ather was not like this it was very easy to use no issues nothing. Now when they launched Gen 3 and this new dashboard theme one after one issues are reflecting. The main issue is the dashboard, even if I’m not using it, it really lags very very much. After turning off the key it takes 3-4 second to turn off the dashboard. Sometimes when i do a restart also it stucks so for restart to get solved i should do another restart in the restart stage itself :sweat_smile: this was not the case before.

1 Like

On SOC increase, you may refer below post which will give insight on why do we see difference.

4 Likes

Battery chemistry, When cells charge they emit heat which in turn shows low voltage. But when the cutoff happens they(cells) start to cool down which in turn higher the voltage that’s why when they cut off at 80% after some time the pack will show 82 or 81%.

5 Likes

I want clarification in the new updated Pro pack bundle does pro pack comes with Portable charger for free or not?

No, the DOT charger(wall-mounted unit) is now the standard charger for the Pro and Base variants. For a portable charger, you will need to make an additional purchase.

2 Likes

These are the wires of my portable charger. I had bought it for Gen 2 but now I’m using it for Gen 3 and I’m not using it extremely just overnight charge from 20% to 80%. After using it for few months, there are some white patches forming in the outer layer of the wires which is resulting in slight opening of the outer layer. What could be the reason? Is it ok or is it something very bad happening there?

These part of wires are not covered, they are exposed slightly. I’m talking about this

you can simply unscrew the bottom two screws and tighten the wires back up. should be fine. opening this part doesn’t void the warranty i think

Tightening them is not something that needs to be done, maybe due to heat it is causing or don’t know. If it was covered from before then i wouldn’t know that the wires are getting damaged but if that samll amount of area is exposed, is that a problem?

that part being exposed means the wire probably got pulled, and this part which was inside earlier has now come out of the plug.

the white spots could be the the area from where the wire was tightened earlier. i would strongly suggest you open it and tighten it back up.

others please chime in ur opinions @power_light2000

Open the 2 lower screws and wrap it in insulation tape. Cutting and rewiring will be too difficult.

But why did it happen? Do i need to worry about that white spots in future?

What white spots, the one on the screws??

Don’t open those screws, you are suppose to open the lower ones near the cable

I think he means the whitish spots on the individual cable themselves. That looks like colour fade from bending stress right?

2 Likes

That is talcum type power, kept from pvc sticking together when they are bundled into a cable.

3 Likes

But i can see some light cracks, lightest in the light crack and i think this lightest crack is formed due to that white spot? Don’t know but I’m sure you will give some answer :smiley: @power_light2000

Nothing will happen, you are now proud owner of all 3 Gens of Ather. My advice just take it to a Electrician and ask him to cut it and reinstall with outer sleeves fit in the connector completely. This way it would be dust proof and more reliable at bending of the cable.