Ask an Ather Owner!

No, Kindly get it checked at the service centre as it might be brake fluid leaking or overfilled.

No warranty is provided for installation, Ather Madurai is just trying to make extra money. tell them Installation is totally optional and cannot be forced on the customer by the company, there are just 4 screws to be fixed on the wall and the dot can be fixed.

2 Likes

I am moving to Maharashtra so wanted to know if i need to pay registration and road tax again for electric vehicle since there is ev policy applicable in state

To all Ather owners. I have bought 3rd gen 450x in the last month from a vendor based EC. I have problems in enabling ride statistics, set the weekly goal, the vehicle was in invoice state after 2 week of delivery. When i send email to info@atherenergy.com, I get responses like the issue will be checked by the team in 10 business days. I don’t know It is normal for all?

I feel the customers who bought the vehicles from vendors are treated differently than those who bought directly from Ather; reason is whenever I call the customer support they say that since it was purchased from vendor we don’t take your request, you need to contact EC who has a separate back end team to solve the issues.

Another incident that I have paid for side step along with the vehicle payment, but the side step was not installed for more than 2 weeks, stating no stocks available. I fed up and called the customer support spoke to them for 30 mins explaining the issue. The response was the same that they wanted to give the EC’s phone number and ask me to contact them.

I informed the EC sales person that I will come directly and they need to arrange a side step and I don’t bother how. So, I was asked to come on the next day it was after 6PM friday.

Next day I called EC (around 10 AM Saturday) again and got to know the stock was delivered to the SC in overnight. I went to SC, asked them to install side step and they said no stocks available and I have to come 2 days later. So the same story.

I called the EC and gave the phone to service person, they both talked and a new side step magically appeared in their stock and the installation was done in 5 mins. I updated google review with 1 star about the experience, started getting calls continuously from SC to revise the review, as it is affecting them.

1 Like

For Ride statics the dealer has to update in their system as delivered then only the Ride statistics will start o work.

Which Mode should i ride it in for hig range? im a student who commutes around 10-12KMS everyday

1 Like

Sports mode,.40-50kmph, smooth acceleration and keep a constant speed.

Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

1 Like

Hello owners. I wanted to know is this sound normal when pressing the plastic panel outside the boot or is this my scooters problem? … video with sound is attached

2 Likes

It’s normal but your’s is little bit louder that’s it.

thanks for the help

My weekly run is about 100 km…i charge vehicle to 80%…so i charge 2 times aweek…is this good or suggest any alternate charging tips plzz…

NO problem. just make sure the battery wont go less than 20% all the time.

2 Likes

What happens if we skip a service. I mean now many of us know how to change break pads and the belts won’t wear out much faster and since it’s an EV does it really needs servicing?

Everytime i receive the vehicle from service i don’t see any major things done only break pads are changed and if we say any part has to be replaced then they replace or else that’s it, wash the scooter and it’s done.

Even if the scooter isn’t serviced the motor will turn on in a single tap :sweat_smile: so no issues right?

Don’t skip service, they will try everything to say your scooter went out of warranty just because of this. they will usually do a lot of other checks also, they have a checklist which they do every time it goes in service so no matter what drop it in service on schedule.

2 Likes

Im Tumpa Pandit im buy ather450x in Siliguri WB

My Gmail id sujanpandit028@gmail.com

Be happy. They don’t do anything. Many of the services I’ve gotten. I’ve ended up with new issues after servicing. And most of the time it’s the same issue. Either the front handle bar is a bit too tight Or a bit too loose. I don’t know what exactly is tightened. But the handle bar just doesn’t want to turn after hey do that. As of now I feel it doesn’t straighten out even after a turn. The handlebar feels too indirect.

4 Likes

Exactly, i don’t know that did Ather manufactured it in the wrong way or is it the service center guy’s messing with the handlebar :person_gesturing_ok:t6:

What you mentioned is right, the handlebar feels too tight or stiffened while taking a U Turn or a right turn, especially at low speeds.

3 Likes

Hi there Aniket here I have booked 450x yesterday And I have a doubt regarding the subscription plans The showroom people were clueless about the pricing.They said I have to pay around 3000 incl. gst for annual term. But then I checked online on Ather website they had 2 plans lite and pro wherein the lite seems useless. Also isnt 3000 rs too much for the OTA updates and tracking?

Thanks

@Suraj_madhu @chethanchandrashekar I face same issue. You should check steering handle bearing. In my case it was rust and because of that handle was so tight

Add of those today (25 dec 2022) there is only one Service subscription in two packages, Lite and Pro with Quarterly and Yearly plans.

You can find detailed pricing in Ather

Hi. I purchased 450x Gen 3 on 28th dec 2022. Couple of days later I received a msg link I WhatsApp. It’s shows 450 plus. Now is have a big confusion. Which model I purchased. 450x Gen 3 or 450 plus. Plz help .

1 Like