App Update Wants - Feature requests

Ather can push updates to the dot through the scooter.

2 Likes

Updates for the DOT are indeed pushed through the scooter. So there is communication between the two.

I have mentioned that DOT needs to be programmed to reset automatically by itself instead of manual resetting if the incoming power supply is as per specifications. I think its possible. May be that it could invite a few hardware changes.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, good to know. Wasn’t aware of that! :slight_smile:

I did log a complaint to the CS, but got a response saying that there is no other option at the moment but to reset the dot manually. They would take action if there was an error code, but there isn’t any.

Since I was faced with the issues of charging error and having to constantly open and monitor the app to see everything is going smoothly, I got a couple ideas which might help with the problem.

1. Regular notifications, which provide updates (especially if there is a charging error).

2. An Ather home screen widget which can always be on the home screen so we can notice it more often and take action if necessary. I got to tinkering with this idea and created a few designs how it might look like with a few states of the scooter:

I hope ather can implement something like this as it will be really helpful for the users. :grin:

17 Likes

Please provide an option to rename(unique name) the Ather vehicle in the app :pleading_face: . And it’ll be good to see the same name on the dashboard as well.

is there going to be any updates in 450s in future?

1 Like

Probably once the dust settles down on the 450X updates… I am not expecting a major road map for the 450 really.

Whenever they tried to settle the dust by sending unofficial updates to vehicles! Even the settled vehicles are getting erupted with tornadoes of bugs! :laughing:

1 Like

Unofficial updates? :confused: we only roll out patch updates and feature updates that are communicated here well in advance. Not sure what you’re referring to here.

It is very slow and one doesn’t have to login every time one opens the app

Well :wink: if you say so! Why would suddenly most of the vehicles get same issues on same day when there were no official updates installed on that particular day! Is there a time synched bug that appears on all vehicles at the same time?

Well there’s no ambiguity there, no ‘unofficial’ update rolled out. The team is looking into the reports and I’ll share an update when we have a fix.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hazard lights

Having a widget and also notification on the charging status would help a lot.

1 Like

Please include the power consumption data in the app while charging, because currently, we can only track the charging consumption if the DOT is connected to a meter.

1 Like

Feature request As per the latest update in 450X, we get to ON/OFF “Real Time Efficiency” option.

Now in this option/feature RED coloured shade appears above and below our SOC/Range status. It’s intensity changes according to throttle response and speed of the vehicle in respective mode.

But as you try to understand at what level your efficiency is, you may get rammed into something on the road, as you need to concentrate so much on it, so that you get distracted from the road, which is very dangerous.

Instead of RED color shade, it would be great, fast and easy to understand if it shows instantaneous Wh/Km figure with line graph.

@abhishek.balaji Please consider and look into the practicality of this feature request.

8 Likes

Yes totally agree with Rohit, Please look this update. Thanks

While I agree with you on this aspect for the new comers, this was never an issue for an old timer. I have been using the 450 for more than 2 years now and I am used to it. While I agree that we need to be cautious while looking into the dashboard, this aspect is quite common to all vehicle when we glance at it.

1 Like

Yeah but there is difference between glance and stare :sweat_smile: