App Update Wants - Feature requests

Haha! Thanks, means a lot. :smile:

Thank you for the feedback. Just wanted to keep the colours at bare minimum following Ather’s previous visual language. But now they are evolving and so is their palette…

1 Like

This is somewhat a real app, right?

Are these gmaps features already available? Can this be added to?

1. Traffic indication on gmaps. Very helpful to be aware of what’s ahead and avoid congestion.
  2. Live location sharing/viewing. Helps in reaching friends and family on-road.
  3. Gradient/terrain mapping, so that if there’s too much uphill, the SoC shows better estimates of range
6 Likes

Yeah. I really need the real time traffic on the dash.

Can we have a display of energy consumed after every home charging?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Widget for iOS/Android with charge level

I usually put my flight for charging over night and this has happened to me a couple of times. I wake up the next day to find that my 450 is not charged at all :sweat_smile:. Is there anyway for the dot to auto reset itself after a charging error? Or atleast please provide a charging error notification from the app so that I can go and reset the dot manually. Because one advantage of an EV is that you can plug it in overnight and have it fully charged next morning. But this causes quite a bit of inconvenience :sweat_smile:.

5 Likes

What is the error which you see? Is it the same error that repeats?

Maybe it is a good point for Ather for improvement.

It simply says charging error on the app and the 450 dashboard and would’ve stopped charging. The dot would’ve switched off, this is probably due to voltage fluctuations and I was told this would happen at the installation and that by resetting the dot it would be fine. But the problem is I don’t always know when this happens unless I check the app regularly :sweat_smile:. So sometimes I miss resetting the dot and my 450 wouldn’t have charged.

1 Like

Have you logged on your complaint with Customer Service? If not, please do so. It would be interesting to see the outcome and remedy (please share it with larger crowd once solved)

I think with the intelligence built into both scooter and the DOT unit, it would not be a tough task for Ather program the DOT for auto reset if the incoming power supply is within desired parameters and if the system finds that its safe to do so.

1 Like

I haven’t logged a complaint because it didn’t seem like an error on ather’s part because they explained what happens, but I wanted this as feature in the future app or as a smart feature. But now that you have mentioned it, sounds like a good idea to get it into their attention.

To add to this, the charging error happens very often, but most of the times the soc would be we well above 70% so I have usable range the next day, but sometimes the error happens really early in the charging period so I have low battery the next day. Please look into this. Thank you

Just wondering, does Ather (as in, the scooter) have the ability to talk to or control the DOT beyond the initial authentication? Additionally, is there any scenario where the Dot is controlled over the air? I don’t think the Dot has been designed for communication today, hence I think this kind of control might not be possible with today’s hardware.

Or am I missing some obvious example here? :thinking:

1 Like

Ather can push updates to the dot through the scooter.

2 Likes

Updates for the DOT are indeed pushed through the scooter. So there is communication between the two.

I have mentioned that DOT needs to be programmed to reset automatically by itself instead of manual resetting if the incoming power supply is as per specifications. I think its possible. May be that it could invite a few hardware changes.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, good to know. Wasn’t aware of that! :slight_smile:

I did log a complaint to the CS, but got a response saying that there is no other option at the moment but to reset the dot manually. They would take action if there was an error code, but there isn’t any.

Since I was faced with the issues of charging error and having to constantly open and monitor the app to see everything is going smoothly, I got a couple ideas which might help with the problem.

1. Regular notifications, which provide updates (especially if there is a charging error).

2. An Ather home screen widget which can always be on the home screen so we can notice it more often and take action if necessary. I got to tinkering with this idea and created a few designs how it might look like with a few states of the scooter:

I hope ather can implement something like this as it will be really helpful for the users. :grin:

17 Likes

Please provide an option to rename(unique name) the Ather vehicle in the app :pleading_face: . And it’ll be good to see the same name on the dashboard as well.