Announcing the Ather 450X!

One Flight excited to meet another. Dilli ab door nahin!

3 Likes

Almost starting!!

Start your streaming

@bharath5408 @an

1 Like

Not long now, for the unveil.

Forum started slowing down, time to up the server space and IOPS

Dont compare apple with olanges.

Chandigarh ?

I am little disappointed, few points:

1. I am satisfied with 450 performance so now with 450x plus (replacing 450) ex showroom price goes way high 1.49 lacs.
  2. Unlimited warranty for 1700 or 2k per month 20k or 24k yearly is again very high… considering not everyone will be travelling higher number of kms. Also can anyone tell me the cost of battery replacement right now?
  3. Again I booked ather for overall ride experience and cost effective ride that electric scooter offers everytime I plan to go out. But subscription plan takes that away.
    I think if they really want to operate on subscription plan they should consider the kms scooter ran in that month, if lesser kms then they should offer cashback to the user, kind of pay as you drive.
  4. They also promised consistent performance for over the years, I am not sure what would the range they will consider in that actual 85 km or the certified range. As they already know the actual range is below what ather is offering as per the customers have claimed.

All in all I love the scooter but the price is a let down. I would still prefer the 450 over 450x.

I would prefer the classic model for purchase of ather as i have good faith in the product quality and also batteries these days are quite developed…that is why Tata, mg and hyundai are offering 8 yrs of warranty on the launched vehicles.

Let me know if my understanding is correct or not. Looking for comment from others as well.

7 Likes

What was this all about ? :/:confused:

1 Like

As the title of the video says oh snap
(Until they sort it out obviously :crossed_fingers: )

You’ve summarised all my concerns pretty well. I too felt with the plus they should have kept the price same as the 450 or close as the performance is the same.
Also with 4 year subscription being minimum the amount of subscription will be 96k. Which will cost 1.95 lacs for an additional 1 year battery warranty. The pro will cost 1.59 will make buying it 36k cheaper, that will be the battery cost correct?
Also what’s the status of the ather connect plans? That will be an additional cost.
I hope some of the expert enthusiasts will give a sensible breakdown of costs to justify
I was planning to get it for my 20 km commute but now think il be overpaying.
Also if was in delhi i would go for it as it’s significantly cheaper.

1 Like

If you buy the 450+ as a whole without subscription, you’ll basically be using the same Pro battery but never use it’s full potential. So your battery will actually just last longer :joy: that way, the subscription is even more pricey for the Plus :thinking:

4 Likes

Ok guys, i was at the launch, and i owe you all a reply about all the hustle here, based on what i have seen. Since this is not just a post to be skipped in here, i thought to add it as a seperate topic of its own, so that you can too as your voice to it. Please check here!

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/how-to-fix-ather-450x/5201

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji Ather is taking customer for a ride ,by comparing the cost with petrol expense per month for a subscription plan. I think due to very good response, they are thinking like Apple , whatever may be the price , people will buy.

4 Likes

Exactly…they take us for granted…

2 Likes

I understand the sentiment that the product is expensive, but that is to be expected. According to Ather this is the quickest scooter in India and they are charging for it. An Aprillia SR 160 will cost the same as well. Only gripe is that they should have kept the price under 150K to qualify for subsidies.

2 Likes

How could they? The battery is bigger and better The motor is more powerful The dashboard is smarter New side stand sensor 4G connectivity. Snapdragon processor. It’s bound to add some cost. Thoughbyou can’t use the full potential of the scooter you’re still paying for the hardware of the 450X

2 Likes

Well, they shouldn’t have had a Plus version available for full purchase. It kind of defeats the purpose of owning it. Lugging around extra hardware that you’re not going to use. Unless you can switch to Pro later.

3 Likes

It is similar to what they did with the 340. They try to make the lower end version as unattractive as possible, so that the users will opt for the higher end version. After a few months, they can discontinue the lower end model claiming lack of interest from customers :grin: .

1 Like

Yeah, but it’s the same scooter :smile: so I doubt it. It’s not a loss to them if they keep the plus plan even if there aren’t many plus users. Eventually, it’s just about limiting certain hardware on software basis, instead of stopping an entire production line.

1 Like