An 'e-motion'al connect - Hemanth's Ather 450

Ok, I clean my Ather every 10 days and during rainy season, I clean the floor mat more often… So, pressure wash by taking to bike service is not easy… I do it with wet cloth…

I also wanted to ask if any way we can pressure wash from home only… I had this question since I hear from many pressure wash (of the belt area) after rains is good…

1 Like

You can just use a garden hose and block the opening to spray/increase pressure. That’s what I do every week.

3 Likes

Okay, In apartment, I (or assume most people) cannot use common taps to connect a hose and clean bikes / cars…

Every one bring their bucket and in case of two wheelers a mug is sufficient…

I was checking in Amazon also if any container which can give pressure spray… but no luck yet…

3 Likes

This? I haven’t used this one though, and you’ll need a converter to use with the 12v port. https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07SKWJPX9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_oITUDbQ2PZVZZ

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know Balaji… No power plug in vicinity and I don’t have a car as well.

A slightly different topic, but related to power:
Afraid of nozzle breaking, I thought to buy an air pump for filling air for my Ather. Initially I thought to invest in a digital one… But, most models which I checked required power and finally bought a basic (Michelin) foot pump…

Similar to what @raghav.srinivasan tried, I got a smart plug to be used between my Charging Pod and my meter which can cut off power based on timer / mobile app. May be when I install that, I need to get a power plug in my parking slot as well.

3 Likes

One person in our apartment uses this. From what I’ve seen, it does a nifty job.

1 Like

Curious, Does he take power from car?

1 Like

Yes. From the cigarette lighter charger. Next time I see him, I’ll get more details and DM you

2 Likes

Hi Balaji, do you have any graphic designs that can be customised for ather bike.???

Does your home WiFi signal reach your parking spot?

My flat meter is just below our flat… So planning to get the plug inside the meter box.

:no_mouth: no, sorry. I love the clean design.

1 Like

Where did you get the white stickering done? looks super cool

1 Like

Almost all of my experiments with such stickers are done at one shop in JC Road
Have shared the location earlier too. Sharing once again if that helps. It is located here

Here’s a picture from yesterday when I went there a little early :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Where’s my royalty! :smiley:

By the way, the charging logo will come off if you just paste it using the thin film DST that it comes with. This is because the black surface is rough and the logo material is smooth. Use the black 3M automotive DST

1 Like

Yes it is. Like I was saying I was using the same one before Ather for my car. Though when you feel that there is more mud then you have to kick the handle more times once the water level is little less than the neck. That way the pressure would have been enough for me both ways, for Ather as well as for the other one. I have washed vehicles during rainy season post 2 weeks of usage and the mud that gets struck comes out just fine. Takes a little bit of time but that’s the trade off between using so much water in a professional wash than a manual pressuring making one like this.

2 Likes

Yes, you are right I used a double stick take to fix the logo as in my case the logo was not sticking with the film that came with the logo:+1:

1 Like

My scooter crossed 8000kms yesterday. Scooter is 11 months. In May 2019, my scooter ran for less than 100 kms and in August 2019, it ran for close to 1200kms. The average running so far is around 725kms per month.

14 Likes

One year later, still happens.

1 Like