8 Years Battery Warranty by Ola

Ola just declared 8 years battery warrenty. No information on KMs or if it is for old scooters as well.

But huge. Now ball is in Ather’s court.

10 Likes

Bruhh that’s dope 8 yearsssss

80000 kms , 8 yrs at no extra cost

And 10k charging station till next quarter :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

They can deploy them that fast?? Plus you can buy their fast charger which is portable and costs 30k

2 Likes

Ola catches fire every other day. No wonder they want to build trust among users. but at what cost?

1 Like

They are already selling 3x -5x more scooters compared to Ather as well. And 8 year warrenty will increase the sales numbers more.

4 Likes

Ather grid costs 3L :saluting_face:

it’s all good on paper. but as far as I have seen, the warranty gets denied even for the smallest repairs. ola just wants to disrupt the market. nothing new to see here. and when the real time comes for a battery replacement they have not yet declared what is the conditions of it. is it 70% and below or worse 50% and below for a user to claim it?

5 Likes

What is covered in the base 8year, 80,000 km warranty? The base 8 year warranty is in addition to the standard warranty on the vehicle for parts other than the battery. The standard warranty for vehicle components, covers the vehicle components for 3 years or 40,000 kms, whichever is earlier. Please refer to owner s manual for more details As part of the base battery warranty, batteries will be replaced for any manufacturing/design defects caused faults or if battery health degrades during the warranty period. Warranty period is defined as the coverage till 8-yrs or 80,000 km (whichever is earlier). All retail customers delivered starting 2nd Feb will automatically be eligible for this warranty. All models delivered starting 2nd Feb are automatically eligible for this base warranty. What is the coverage period of the Base Warranty? Base Warranty covers the battery for a 8 year period. There is a limit of 80,000 km for availing the benefits. This helps cover unnecessary battery replacement costs for the customer and provides an 8-year visibility for the battery and associated part(s) & decreases the total cost of ownership. What does the Base Warranty cover? The company will provide replacement/repair of the battery and associated parts that are damaged due to manufacturing defects or workmanship, free of cost including the labor charges. The defective parts will be the company’s property. This also ensures that the battery is replaced in case the health of the battery falls below 70% of the new battery condition. Is the Base Warranty transferable? Yes. In case of sale of vehicle to another person, the Base Warranty will be transferred to the new owner. How can I claim the Base Warranty? In case of a defect, bring the scooter to an OLA authorized service centre along with the certificate of warranty e-mailed to you. If the defected part is covered under the base warranty, the service centre will automatically repair/replace the battery free of charge. What is not covered under the Base Warranty plan? Vehicle’s non-battery parts come with standard warranty of 3 years or 40,000 kms (whichever earlier). Any natural wear, and tear, physical damage, consumables, parts and conditions excluded in manufacturer warranty, customer negligence related damage, modifications/alterations, deletion/defacement/alternation of VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) and BIN (Battery Identification Number), theft, vehicle abuse, accident, flooding, fire, etc. Please refer the plan Terms and Conditions. Negligence to charge battery, leading to damage to battery is NOT covered in the warranty plan. Scooters for commercial use are NOT covered under the 8 year warranty; the standard 3 year warranty will continue to apply. Who are eligible to buy top-up warranty (8year, 100,000 km)? In the case of top-up warranty, the warranty period is defined as coverage till 8 years or 100,000 km (whichever is earlier). All models are eligible to purchase the top-up warranty, provided that the vehicle should have been purchased within the last 12 months from 02nd February 2024. Who are eligible to buy top-up warranty (8year, 125,000 km)? In the case of top-up warranty, the warranty period is defined as coverage till 8 years or 125,000 km (whichever is earlier). S1 Pro, S1 Air, S1 X+ (3KWh), S1 X (3KWh, 4KWh) are eligible to purchase the top-up warranty, provided that the vehicle has been purchased within the last 12 months from 02nd February 2024. S1 X (2KWh) is NOT eligible for this policy. What is covered in the top-up warranty (8Year, 100,000 km or 8 year 125,000 km)? The company will provide replacement/repair of the battery and associated parts that are damaged due to manufacturing defects or workmanship, free of cost including the labor charges subject to terms and conditions. The defective parts will be the companys property. This also ensures that the battery is replaced in case the health of the battery falls below 70% of the new battery condition. Are the top-up warranties transferable? Yes. In case of sale of vehicle to another person, both top-warranties will be transferred to the new owner. How can I access my warranty policy document? Battery warranty certificate is an additional document that will be e-mailed to you on your purchase. This will be in addition to the 3 year standard warranty cover document, which covers the vehicle components other than the battery. What happens when my battery is replaced under warranty? Warranty policy will continue to be in-force, per the original validity conditions (8 years or 80,000 kms in the Base Warranty period from the date of delivery or as per top-up warranty period, i.e., 100,000 km or 125,000 km, if purchased by the customer). How can I check my battery status? Minimum driven distance of 10,000 kms required by a vehicle for Ola to certify it’s battery health.

1 Like

So order vehicle can purchase by paying 10k

And deep discharge isn’t covered in the warranty.

1 Like

Deep discharge is not covered in Ola from beginning of time. I have seen many people complained on it. Only Ather covers Deep discharge in their 5 year warranty.

Looks like just a marketing gimmick from ola to lure in unsuspecting customer who can’t read fine prints.

5 Likes

I won’t trust em bro the issues going on with gen 1 was bad but gen 2 is different so idk but the battery pack that’s a big ?

Imagine buying scooter on 1st February. This company will do anything to get sells.

But good for industry as general. Other companies will be forced to offer similar warranty period.

2 Likes

Unintentional Deep discharge is very rare case. Normally it’s due to customer negligence. But 70% performance for 8 years is very tough to provide but they did it.

Remaining all are same with Ather and ola

But Ather is 5 years 60k kms. And ola is 8 years 125k kms (80k standard+ 45k paid kms can be added)

1 Like

I heard 10 years of development would have made Ather to offer such kind of warrenty. They used to always brag about the technology used for their battery. Unfortunate that Ather cant come out with something similar

2 Likes

They didn’t dare to give an option for gen 1 or 1.5 even paid extended warranty package atleast for battery

1 Like

Their terms and conditions may not be transparent. But, 8 years is huge confidence booster for people to adopt

1 Like

By this they have a huge advantage over others tooo thats a really good move by them good compitition

Here is t&c