User Experience Statement:
In my extensive 2 years and 3 months of using the Ather 450x Gen 2, covering an impressive 75,000 kilometers, the electric bike has become an integral part of my daily life. From cost savings to ride comfort, the bike has excelled in various aspects.
However, it’s essential to delve into a detailed analysis of the pros and cons to provide a comprehensive overview.
Over the span of 75,000 kilometers, the cost savings compared to my previous primary vehicle, TVS NtorQ, would be calculated at 3.5 Rs per kilometer. This includes 2.75 Rs for petrol and 0.75 paise for running repair, service, and service labor.
75,000 KMs x 3.5 RS Saved Per KM = 262,500 Rs.
Cost Savings and Efficiency:
- The Ather 450x Gen 2 has demonstrated remarkable cost efficiency, translating into tangible savings over the extended period of ownership.
Riding Pleasure and Ease:
- The bike offers an unparalleled riding experience, combining pleasure and ease, making every journey a delight.
Drive Mechanism Performance:
- The powerful drive mechanism has consistently delivered a robust performance, ensuring a dynamic and enjoyable ride.
Ather Grid Charging Network:
- The integration of Ather Grid charging stations has added a layer of convenience, making charging hassle-free and accessible.
Mileage and Reliability:
- Clocking 75,000 kilometers attests to the bike’s reliability and commendable mileage, establishing it as a dependable mode of transport.
I replaced my battery at 57,400 kilometers due to excessive use of fast charging. The second battery is currently functioning well.
- The inclusion of smart features enhances the overall ownership experience, providing a technologically advanced and user-friendly interface.
- Contributing to a greener lifestyle, the electric nature of the bike aligns with eco-conscious choices, reducing the overall carbon footprint.
Limited Range Compared to Gen 3:
- One noticeable drawback is the relatively limited range when compared to the newer Ather 450x Gen 3 model, indicating the need for advancements in battery technology.
While it might not personally concern me, it remains a notable issue for many other Gen 2 users.
Top Speed Aspiration:
- Enthusiasts may find the desire for a higher top speed, surpassing the current 90 KPH, as a point of improvement for those seeking a more spirited riding experience.
Lighting Enhancement Needed:
- Improved lighting is essential, addressing concerns regarding visibility and safety during nighttime or low-light riding conditions.
- While the bike features smart capabilities, continuous technological evolution may be required to stay competitive in the rapidly advancing electric vehicle market.
Having internal storage options of 6 or 8 GB RAM coupled with 64 or 128 GB would be ideal.
Charging Infrastructure Expansion:
- Despite the convenience of Ather Grid, the scope for expanding the charging infrastructure to further locations could enhance the practicality of owning an electric vehicle.
The focus should not solely be on the count of Ather Grids; rather, it is crucial to have them available in all feasible locations throughout India.
In conclusion, my experience with the Ather 450x Gen 2 has been largely positive, with its array of advantages outweighing the identified drawbacks. As an eco-conscious commuter, the bike has not only met but exceeded my expectations, contributing to a sustainable and enjoyable mode of transportation. The journey with this electric companion has been transformative, marking a significant chapter in my daily commute and travel experiences.