450X: Product/Technical discussions

hey owners can’t find the proper topic for this but when is the next open house and virtual or physical?

2 Likes

No information on this yet. But Ather could plan it “soon” as a result of continuous expansion into new cities, many new owners and a long time after the last event. Online would be better considering the large number of people, current situation and the ability of owners to attend throughout the country.

4 Likes

hi I had recently got my ather and I wanted to know whether riding a little fast over potholes will damage the scooter like the tyre pressure will come down faster or the body panels will start rattling? (my first 2 wheeler that’s why I am having such newbie doubts):wink:

2 Likes

Nothing as such should happen.

But, in a long run, your suspension may get affected I think.

4 Likes

There’s chance of loosened mirrors if the tyre pressure is on the higher side. Might also quicken the cracking of visor section…

4 Likes

Yes I have noticed that the mirrors get a little wobbly and have bought a tyre pressure inflator which tells the pressure in the tyre also so will be able to control the tyre pressure exactly.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ask an Ather Owner!

yes even my mirrors also gets wobbly. (replying to myself😂)

1 Like

Thanks for the support got my bike delivered, got some points to ask, my bike got charged 100% when i took later in the morning it shows 98% ? When am in Eco display shows 55kms to go once i go to sports mode and come back to Eco mode why does it shows 53 kms ? Drop of 2 kms ? What it I charge every alternate and put my bike in shutdown mode, will it effect my battery life ? Reply appreciated Am in love with the bike

3 Likes

@blackworks @raghav.srinivasan @pshekhawat53 @tarunsmehta @abhishek.balaji Yes, I also agree with this point. I need more range because I daily ride 80 Kms and I need to charge it both end to increase the range so that I may reach to Home via alternate route in case of some work. Alternate route cause me 15 km more. So with single end charge I cannot make it. I think range should be more then 150 kms

5 Likes

what does the red glow near speedometer for? i have observed, it wont glow if the pick up slow steady, does it has to do anything with riding style?

3 Likes

It represents the rider’s efficiency while riding the vehicle. The more aggressively you use the throttle, brighter the red halo will be.

2 Likes

But then why does it light it bright when I use 10 percent of the throttle at eco mode for speed of up to 10 in traffic

1 Like

The following posts will answer all about the Real Time Ride efficiency indicator (not exactly real time now)

3 Likes

Home charging is good for battery life or fast charging I am little confused

1 Like

Home charging is best as fast charging regularly damages battery faster. But warranty is applicable even though you use any of it n number of times.

2 Likes

Hey Just observed something strange on the 450X. The area near the left handle( throttle) has some gap behind the grip while on the right hand side,it’s properly fit. One can feel the round edges on the of the left throttle but it’s perfectly fit/smooth at the right hand side. Is it normal?

2 Likes

Yes it’s completely normal, right side is the throttle sensor unit behind the grip.

2 Likes

Does ather 450x has regenerate braking

2 Likes

Yes, it does have regenerative braking. Details here:

3 Likes