450X: Product/Technical discussions

That looks normal if you did not shut-down. In fact, my average 5-6.

3 Likes

Check this here,

What is the self drain percentage of the battery pack of Ather 450?

In different scenarios the batteryā€™s drain rate varies. Hereā€™s how many days it may take for the battery to go from 100% to nil:

• When Key is turned OFF: In 9 days
  • Shutdown mode: appx 70 days There is a critical battery cut-off that shuts down the battery completely so that there is no damage to the battery pack once it has discharged to zero.

Above is from this LINK

1 Like

Thank you! It was 7% on Sunday and 4% in today without rides thatā€™s why wonderedā€¦ Edit: 5 % in 26 hrs. Last 1% in 2 hrs.

@rajeshkav , are the battery drain scenarios same in the 450 and 450X? Considering the better cells, better BMS etc etc?

Battery drainage percentage what you have indicated looks very normal. Various parameters may effect, its drainage percentage, like BMS wake up period, GSM signal strength etcā€¦

I do not have any data to say what is better. However looking at battery capacity, 450X should last long more.

If you are concerned about battery drain in the idle condition, why donā€™t you just shut down the vehicle? I do it every now and then as I hardly ride these days.

4 Likes

I understand. 450X should last more and discharge slower thatā€™s what I think. Iā€™m not concerned about the drain, it is a battery it will happen on standby. Just wanted to know about the idle drain rate if its normal or something to be looked at .Even I donā€™t ride that frequently.

2 Likes

Not able to sync the ride Stats

2 Likes

Iā€™m not experiencing shoulder pain but my fingers are hurting, if Iā€™m driving long distance

1 Like

hi I know this is a very old question but does the matte grey colour of 450x hide scratches better than the green and white ones?

and does the green colour one turn yellowish like the old 450 after some time?

2 Likes

Instead of usinging an external adapter / pod for charging (like mobile/laptop) canā€™t we have charging unit inbuilt the scooter , when charging need raises all we need to do is pull out the cable and plugin at power socket.

2 Likes

It is a common issue just reset the scooter and it will sync up and start showing rides.

Since the grey is Matte the scratches are bound to happen in our regular use. So its best to get PPF coating done to save from the scratches.

but which colour will show more scratches the glossy one or matte?

1 Like

Glossy will highlight the scratches compared to matte

2 Likes

Grey is harder to maintain because scratches are more evident like any other dark colour. White is one of the easiest colour to maintain on a vehicle.

Older 450s have not turned yellow. Where did you get this information from?

Getting a ppf on a matte finish defeats the purpose of buying a matte finish in the first placeā€¦unless you want a glossy grey.

Gloss finishes will become dull after sometime due to micro scratches but matte finishes also become dull due to more salt deposits. Glossy surfaces are easier to treat and maintain. Regards to color darker shades are tougher to maintain than lighter shades

5 Likes

I wish ather could have gone for a dark matte and complement it with red elements,itā€™s very similar to S1,yes but now people love dark colours in India and this grey and yellow isnā€™t that appealing,I would have atleast loved to see black matte without minding the colour they choose to complement it. I personally think ather should have come with more colours because,these three arenā€™t satisfactory,I wished anyone could have choosed the S1 colour and there could have been another special edition colour for the S1 usersšŸ™‚. Would love to see blue shades of ather in the future and glossy dark and matte colour too. I also heard from a youtube channel that ather is thinking to launch a scooter in the 70-80k ball park in 2023, anyone who can authentic this news!!?

2 Likes

hi is there any pattern of delivery like buying the grey one will get you the delivery faster cos there will be more stock of it ready in the factory or is it like when they receive an order they make a scooter for that order from start

It depends on the availability of stock. However they ask for a indicative colour preference when you book on the website so that they can plan.

Even I have experienced that visor problem . One day I just decided to take a close look at my visor while cleaning it and boom there are many cracks. I contacted ather space In visakhapatnam and they said it is a quality problem :neutral_face:and they will have it replaced. Has anyone else faced this problem?

1 Like

Yea. Me too. Infact many. They replaced mine without any problems under warranty.

2 Likes

can belt adjustment be done by the owners also or only by service centre? and if can be done by us how do we do it?

1 Like

Belt adjustment should be done only at the service centre or by authorised service personnel at your doorstep. They have the required tools to measure the belt tensioning.

2 Likes