450X: Product/Technical discussions

you nailed it right on the head. Also, app related services are just pathetic.

2 Likes

Of course, I like the performance. But this is all the influence over software a bunch of kids from the Engineering Design Department from IIT Madras hold? OR is the market for talent just so bad that the current people employed for making the dashboard are just ducks?

I’d think lots of talent would rush to join Ather, led by freaks from IIT Madras, that’s at the forefront of the EV scooter market in India with their BMS tech. Looks like it’s otherwise.

3 Likes

I too feel the software developers/engineers aren’t up to the mark. With every OTA updates, their old issues re-surface and get even worse. Ather really need to consider hiring some good talent and let go the leash. The following are their best updates that really fixed something for real:

• side stand active, turn off the motor. Works right every time
  • auto cut off indicator. Haven’t had any issues since a few mnths. Works right every time
  • display charging grids on the dashboard navigation.

I will stop subscription when my free credits run out. Its not worth paying for (yet)

4 Likes

Now my app doesn’t show bike is charging. Shall I do a force restart and check ?did it but it ain’t syncing with app.

1 Like

Same thing happening with me

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought you don’t get OTA updates if you’re not on a connect plan.

I understand what you mean, but doesn’t most stuff work like that? Everyone gets subsidies on buying an ev because some people pay taxes. Everyone doesn’t pay taxes, yet everyone can enjoy the benefits. Everything is interconnected.

Oh I totally agree with you when you say this. I myself would not pay for these services out of my pocket if I had a chance and I don’t think anyone should until Ather gets their stuff together. I’m just using the free credits for referral.

1 Like

I get OTA updates and Early access updates even now. And guess what? OTA updates install within minutes at my apartment where Maps never used to open and would lag back when I was on the Connect subscription. Fishy right?

And although taxes and the like work the same way as this, it’s usually used to support a minority industry or community using the taxes the majority pay. Once at least 50% of the population in India own EVs, do you think the government would still implement the subsidy system? But with Ather and Connect subscriptions, it’s the minority paying for the majority. On the other hand, citizens would have to pay peanuts for the few of us(a couple hundred thousand) to get subsidies.

Yesterday I received a call from ather executive for the replacement of my front visor since it was cracked and I had rised a ticket. I was happy since they had followed up very well since the day of complaint. He asked me to drop off my vehicle at service center today (10/07/21) and I had been there as instructed. To my surprise, at the service center, the guy says “sir item is out of stock. take back your vehicle and come back two weeks later” reluctantly. He said the CS has miscommunicated and I should take back my vehicle. I was disappointed. I had to run behind him and had to follow up. I explained him the only reason I was here was because I had already received a call from ather team to drop off my vehicle. Later he pretended to not know of the cracked visor issue and tried to blame on me!! I made it clear to him all about the issue and discussion on forum and number of people facing the issue, that is when he took in my vehicle. I still don’t know when I will be receiving my vehicle back .I’m owning vehicles from TVS and KTM which are well established mammoth firms yet I’ve never faced such arrogant, irresponsible services. I’m writing this only because I want ather to improve. The experience was pathetic and embarrassing. Please look into this @abhishek.balaji @tarun .

5 Likes

I have my front visor in broken condition on the day of delivery, i noticed it after going for around 5 kms from showroom after delivery and informed immediately to sales executive by sending photos as well.

He asked me to take it to service centre immediately so they will replace the part. When i started going there and when i am about to reach service centre, sales guy again called me saying that there are plenty of vehicles for service pending on that day. So, he told that he will come and pick my vehicle next day and replace ithe part and drop my vehicle. I returned from there back to home on my new vehicle with broken visor.

Next day when i follwed up with him, he himself went to service center and enquired about replacement and then called me saying that the part is out of stock. We have raised the complaint and we will be receiving the part once lockdown in karnataka is lifted.

I continuously follwing up with them from past few days since the karnataka lockdown is relaxed. They are keep on saying still spares are not received. Now they are saying that they are waiting for the part and it will take one more month time.

4 Likes

Stories as these make me really reluctant to replace my broken charging flap & key cover. I know I will be stuck. Am managing some how. Will call service centre when I can’t look at those broken parts any longer. :joy:

2 Likes

I noticed a strange sound while riding my 450x in rain :cloud_with_rain: in Chennai today. Poor torque in all modes. Is Ather not suitable for rainy season?

It’s IP67 rated. Riding in rains should not be a problem. But do remember that water should not go above the floorboard.

2 Likes

I guess this is a belt related problem,clean it once and try riding it.

2 Likes

It’s probably mud that’s got stuck somewhere near the belt or something. Same thing happens to me whenever I take it out in beautiful bangalore roads. Just clean it and it should be alright.

2 Likes

I found this vehicle while I was on my way back home. How it possible?

2 Likes

Haha… most of the cops here think electric scooter doesn’t need a registration (they have not stopped me, yet) Seems like this guy used that info for his benefit… :smiley:

1 Like

I have also seen this vehicle… he has done this to avoid wearing helmet during his ride…

In case of any accident, he will be the sufferer and no insurance will be claimable.

I wonder why no police has caught him because it’s quite old vehicle.

Warrenty of battery how many years and how many kilometres

2 Likes

3 Years. Unlimited KMs.

2 Likes