450X: Product/Technical discussions

Glossy will highlight the scratches compared to matte

2 Likes

Grey is harder to maintain because scratches are more evident like any other dark colour. White is one of the easiest colour to maintain on a vehicle.

Older 450s have not turned yellow. Where did you get this information from?

Getting a ppf on a matte finish defeats the purpose of buying a matte finish in the first placeā€¦unless you want a glossy grey.

Gloss finishes will become dull after sometime due to micro scratches but matte finishes also become dull due to more salt deposits. Glossy surfaces are easier to treat and maintain. Regards to color darker shades are tougher to maintain than lighter shades

5 Likes

I wish ather could have gone for a dark matte and complement it with red elements,itā€™s very similar to S1,yes but now people love dark colours in India and this grey and yellow isnā€™t that appealing,I would have atleast loved to see black matte without minding the colour they choose to complement it. I personally think ather should have come with more colours because,these three arenā€™t satisfactory,I wished anyone could have choosed the S1 colour and there could have been another special edition colour for the S1 usersšŸ™‚. Would love to see blue shades of ather in the future and glossy dark and matte colour too. I also heard from a youtube channel that ather is thinking to launch a scooter in the 70-80k ball park in 2023, anyone who can authentic this news!!?

2 Likes

hi is there any pattern of delivery like buying the grey one will get you the delivery faster cos there will be more stock of it ready in the factory or is it like when they receive an order they make a scooter for that order from start

It depends on the availability of stock. However they ask for a indicative colour preference when you book on the website so that they can plan.

Even I have experienced that visor problem . One day I just decided to take a close look at my visor while cleaning it and boom there are many cracks. I contacted ather space In visakhapatnam and they said it is a quality problem :neutral_face:and they will have it replaced. Has anyone else faced this problem?

1 Like

Yea. Me too. Infact many. They replaced mine without any problems under warranty.

2 Likes

can belt adjustment be done by the owners also or only by service centre? and if can be done by us how do we do it?

1 Like

Belt adjustment should be done only at the service centre or by authorised service personnel at your doorstep. They have the required tools to measure the belt tensioning.

2 Likes

He @abhishek.balaji Iā€™ve already mentioned this earlier.

What is the use of showing partial address on the ride statics section? Why not show the complete address when we click on it? Or a timeline on a map would be cool with lines marked with different colours based on the consumption or mode.

Please put on some useful information and controls on the app such as these(mentioned above) and many more like

Ā° Different user mode for different users in family

Ā° Geofencing (a notification when vehicle is out of fence )

Ā° A password for dash or guest mode (so that user cannot access incognito or documents )

Ā° Charge control from app

( I wonā€™t ask for keyless go because of hardware limitations )

All these and many more are very important features for a smart scooter. Please consider these @tarun @abhishek.balaji @chaitanya.hegde instead of that ather labs where you put out CO2 emissions, money saved etc which can easily be calculated with a simple calculator. Iā€™m not saying itā€™s useless but those are of less priority. Not to mention wh/km, average speed and projected range can also be calculated pretty accurately without the app. So thereā€™s no point in paying for subscription unless navigation is used extensively.

With all these features added, the premium for connect pro would definitely be worth it.

10 Likes

Already asked for it. Upvote and add details in this thread

2 Likes

does Ather 450x have the same underseat storage as ntorq cos the new ntorq has 22ltrs?

2 Likes

Yes Ather also has the same 22ltrs. What can you fit in the boot of the Ather 450X?

1 Like

hi does the Ather 450 and the 450x have the same boot space size.?

1 Like

Correct. All 450 models have the same boot space.

4 Likes

Hi! Iā€™m observing a continuous beep when I ride above 32-35. I raised it with the service personnel at my cityā€™s EC and they say itā€™s normal. They also rode it and checked and seemed satisfied, though it was only riding it in the parking lot of the EC. Iā€™m unsure about this. Is it normal? What sound could it be if itā€™s normal? Itā€™s a pretty evident and continuous beep.

2 Likes

@tanishqkhare - which mode do you get this beep sound?

AFAIK, none of the recent updates have a speed alert function (like in some cars) and this was never a requested or in pipeline feature.

Did someone wire your speedo to the horn by mistake ? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™m getting this on eco. Havenā€™t tried it on other modes. Speed alert :sweat_smile:. Itā€™s not a very loud beep but certainly audible while riding.

Is Ather working to increase the range of scooter?

1 Like

You & me have to work to get increased range for our scooters. :wink:

Joke aside, increased range will be the next target as Ola S1 has already set a good benchmark for range.

1 Like